Florida School Shooting

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Florida School Shooting

Post by Doctor X » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:04 am

Okay, you forced me into it . . . the fail that is Christopher Hunter Radford William Davis Ashida Kim:

the uploader thinks this is serious.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:26 am

My president has the Chi
- new minimalist ethos -

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:28 am

"The Chi?" I hear penicillin will clear that right up
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:28 am

Doctor X wrote:Okay, you forced me into it . . . the fail that is Christopher Hunter Radford William Davis Ashida Kim:

the uploader thinks this is serious.

--J.D.
That was hilarious in a sad sort of way
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:57 am

Him and the FAIL he stole from, hairdresser John Keehan Count Dante are worth the read.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:54 am

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:58 am

Rob Lister wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:Action hero Donald Trump totally would have gone in there, if he had been there. :roll:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... urn-recess
He also would have totally dropped the gunman with a sweet spin kick, like he learned in Karate class.
Yep. If only he had gone to Vietnam, we'd of won.
USA did win.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:49 am

IT WAS A TIE!!!!1!!!!11!!!

--J.D.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:16 am

Trump merely said what every ignorant yahoo thinks...that if THEY were there THEY would have done thus and so and saved lives, etc.

Dunning-Kruger, Walter Mitty, etc.

Fortunately, the White House has clarified.

WHATEVER
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:51 am

The sad reality is it highlights the failure of the Florida sheriff's office.

Trump, Her Turn Hillary, Arnold, Your Mom, et cetera are neither trained to handle such nor are they employed to. "We" can claim whatever we want. "They" can imagine what they want.

Has Trump ever fired a gun? Let alone received the training to use one? And I can destroy any bar provided you give me a twisty and an erasable pen.

"Permanent" ink . . . well . . . that would just not be fair, now would it?

The Florida Broward sheriff's office, however, have no excuse. They, and This Guy, hired themselves out to serve this position. If I advertise myself as a death-penalty experienced defense attorney . . . do I get to blame others when I wet my pants in front of the judge because I do not know what "Hear Ye" means?

Fuck them.

They fucked up.

They know they fucked up.

--J.D.

shuize

Post by shuize » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:05 pm

Cops have a tough job. But that's the job. If you volunteer for the position, the law enforcement training, accept the uniform and gun, then suck the government tit for 20 years on a cushy SRO gig, you damn well better do better than cowering in a stairwell or hiding behind your police cruiser while some lone jackass murders the students you've sworn to protect. Fuck that guy. And fuck the other Broward County Sheriff deputies who hid behind their cars. They should take all their pensions.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:44 pm

The march of the political props goes on. One of the reasons we can't have a real gun debate is because the paranoid right wingers are often times correct. The picture I gave is a bit of a stretch, since Soros gives money to everyone.

The democrats propose banning semi autos.
The NRA starts at No.
And the "movements" are largely astroturf.

Maybe we deserve this clusterfuck for not pointing out the same-old same-old shit.

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Doctor X wrote:IT WAS A TIE!!!!1!!!!11!!!

--J.D.
We are TEN and ONE!

"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:29 pm

corplinx wrote:The NRA starts at No.
Isn't starting at "no" a reasonable position at some point? Because the "compromise" in this goes only in one direction. At some point we've compromised enough. It's no secret that Democrats want bans, they see the SCOTUS decisions as just a temporary roadblock in their efforts to ban all handguns and will change that if they get to appoint replacements for the conservative justices. They're banning semi-autos all over the country, in fact today there will be a vote to ban semi-auto rifles and all magazines over 10 rounds (handgun and rifle) in Illinois and I have no idea what the outcome will be. And it will make it a felony to be caught in possession of one. They are also pushing a "dealer licensing" bill pushed as "common sense" but in reality is going to force 90% of FFLs out of business here. 100% in cook County will be out of business because the county shriff has ultimate power to deny a license and doesn' have to give a reason.

We already have the FOID card and waiting periuods. There is no such thing as a "gun show loophole" in Illinois. Still they come back for more.

And they refuse to sentence violent gun offenders to lengthy prison terms, but they sure want to go after those who are no threat to anyone and make them felons for having the 13 round magazine that came with their pistol.

Don't you think "no" is the only rational response at some point?
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:36 pm

I think it would be, if they didn't come off as so opposed to the whole idea of being subject to any measures at all. They profess to reject the concept entirely--at least as clearly as you say Democrats want blanket bans.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:38 pm

gnome wrote:I think it would be, if they didn't come off as so opposed to the whole idea of being subject to any measures at all. They profess to reject the concept entirely--at least as clearly as you say Democrats want blanket bans.
I've actually lived through a Democrat blanket ban on handguns. I'm not speculating that's what they want, nor am I imagining what the bill they're trying to pass today does.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:44 pm

I'm not challenging you on that right now. I'm thinking there are very few organizations with any power adopting a sane position.
--Soldier, TF2

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:58 pm

Solutions and counter-proposals are not merely pointing at the other side and declaring it sucks.

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:11 pm

gnome wrote:I think it would be, if they didn't come off as so opposed to the whole idea of being subject to any measures at all. They profess to reject the concept entirely--at least as clearly as you say Democrats want blanket bans.
To me it seems NRA's position isn't that far off from ed's or Wildcat's: Enforce the laws on the books before introducing any new measures.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:08 pm

Excuse me.

There are over 25,000 laws concerning firearms in this country. The Federal Gun Control Act of 1968 is the primary law that governs sales and use of firearms across all states. Remember also that BATF issues "rules" that have the force of law and such things cover EVERYTHING.

As I have painfully described, enforcement of Federal Law in Chicago would end the gun violence. Any law that does will, necessarily, be racist cuz guess what? Its a black problem.

When you say "any measures" please weigh that against the thousands of measures that are already out there many of which are enforced against the exact people who are not the problem.

This reminds me of something I posted about california's enforcement of law: it is easier and more productive to enforce laws against white people who can pay fines and can be caught and will come to court than against "protected classes".

My default position about any gun laws is "No".
- new minimalist ethos -