Mueller Investigation of Russian Interference

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
WildCat

Re: Mueller Investigation of Russian Interference

Post by WildCat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:47 pm

gnome wrote:Yeah I picked up a pretty bad wire fraud habit a while back. Got popped by the Federales on my way back from Honduras. But then, who hasn't? It's their way of keeping people down.
You drove through Mexico?

With US plates?

I can't imagine how much in bribes that would cost along the way...
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

shuize

Post by shuize » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:10 am

ed wrote:I have read somewhere that it is impossible to go thru life and not commit a felony.
That being the case, it seems to me that our legal system is a game of gotcha and that the government can, for all intents and purposes, jail you and pauper you at whim.

But you shouldn't worry because the government can be trusted. Does anyone here actually believe that? Liberal or conservative, does anyone really think that the government can be trusted.
"Three Felonies a Day"

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:25 am

shuize wrote:
ed wrote:I have read somewhere that it is impossible to go thru life and not commit a felony.
That being the case, it seems to me that our legal system is a game of gotcha and that the government can, for all intents and purposes, jail you and pauper you at whim.

But you shouldn't worry because the government can be trusted. Does anyone here actually believe that? Liberal or conservative, does anyone really think that the government can be trusted.
"Three Felonies a Day"

If you're looking for everyday examples of the felonies you and I unwittingly commit each day, you won't find them here. Instead, you'll be treated to scholarly analyses of notorious (and less so) cases where the federal government's prosecutors overstepped their bounds in their zeal to convict their targets. (Method: choose target first, then find and/or stretch some law he "broke." Make cost of defense so high that settling the case is the only option.) This is interesting, of course, but these felonies are nothing like the ones you and I might be committing every day.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:35 pm

When Eustace Tilley himself (and his sister Eustacia) aren't buying The NarrativeTM, maybe it's time to reconsider.

The Fundamental Uncertainty of Mueller’s Russia Indictments

Trump’s tweet about Moscow laughing its ass off was unusually (perhaps accidentally) accurate. Loyal Putinites and dissident intellectuals alike are remarkably united in finding the American obsession with Russian meddling to be ridiculous. The intellectuals are amused to see Americans so struck by an indictment that adds virtually nothing to a piece published in the Russian media outlet RBC, back in October; I wrote at the time that the article showed the Russian effort to be more of a cacophony than a conspiracy. The Kremlin and its media are, as Joshua Yaffa writes, tickled to be taken so seriously.

Their sub-grammatical imitations of American political rhetoric, their overtures to the most marginal of political players, are suddenly at the very heart of American political life. This is the sort of thing Russians have done for decades, dating back at least to the early days of the Cold War, but those efforts were always relegated to the dustbin of history before they even began.

Emphasis added. :lmao:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:03 pm

Meanwhile . . . in the Colonies:
UK's left-wing Labor leader Jeremy Corbyn under fire for alleged Soviet collusion

Former Czech spy Jan Sarkocy told The Sun The one with "Big Tits." that the Labor Party leader was in collaboration with the Soviet-era Czechoslovakian intelligence agency StB in the late-1980s when Margaret Thatcher was prime minister.

As Labor leader, Corbyn is in line to be prime minister should his party outperform current Prime Minister Theresa May’s Conservative Party in the next election.

But Corbyn's position is now under threat after after Sarkocy claimed that Corbyn was a paid collaborator and that he knew that Sarkocy was a spy, not just the diplomat he posed as.

"Corbyn was recruited. He also received money," the spy said, adding that his code name was “COB.” He also claimed that during multiple meetings between 1986 and 1987, Corbyn passed along information about a British crackdown on Communist spies.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

Defense Secretary Gavin Williamson described the revelations about Corbyn as a “betrayal of this country.”

“Time and time again he has sided with those who want to destroy everything that is great about this country, whether it is sympathizing with terrorists, backing rogue regimes, or cozying up to those who want to inflict pain and misery on the British people,” he said.

"Hillary Fucked Up an Un-Fuck-Upable Election and I Said 'Hold My Beer!'" May increased pressure on Corbyn, backing calls for him to be "open and transparent" about his links. On Wednesday, she went so far as to mock him in Parliament.

"Can I congratulate the Right Honorable Gentleman, because normally he stands up every week and asks me to sign a blank check -- and I know he likes Czechs..." she quipped.

Faux News
. . . so what do the saner people think?

Not much. . . .

Remember, England gave Benedict Arnold a job.

:freedom:

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:21 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:When Eustace Tilley himself (and his sister Eustacia) aren't buying The NarrativeTM, maybe it's time to reconsider.

The Fundamental Uncertainty of Mueller’s Russia Indictments

Trump’s tweet about Moscow laughing its ass off was unusually (perhaps accidentally) accurate. Loyal Putinites and dissident intellectuals alike are remarkably united in finding the American obsession with Russian meddling to be ridiculous. The intellectuals are amused to see Americans so struck by an indictment that adds virtually nothing to a piece published in the Russian media outlet RBC, back in October; I wrote at the time that the article showed the Russian effort to be more of a cacophony than a conspiracy. The Kremlin and its media are, as Joshua Yaffa writes, tickled to be taken so seriously.

Their sub-grammatical imitations of American political rhetoric, their overtures to the most marginal of political players, are suddenly at the very heart of American political life. This is the sort of thing Russians have done for decades, dating back at least to the early days of the Cold War, but those efforts were always relegated to the dustbin of history before they even began.

Emphasis added. :lmao:
The difference between American Liberal and American Leftist is whether you believe Trump's evil extends to collaborating with Russia. The actual leftists uniformly don't buy that bullshit.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:40 pm

I'm not sure the terminology of "liberal" versus "leftist" is exactly right, but there's definitely two factions that exist that you are distinguishing correctly.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:30 pm

Another theory -- Russian trolls were doing it to make money from spam and clickbait, certainly not to influence the election.

https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/did-trump- ... on-charge/

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:49 pm

That's always a possibility. I remember the article about how Macedonian clickbait farms were finding political BS profitable.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Re: Mueller Investigation of Macedonian Interference

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:52 pm

Greek True MacedonianTM or Bulgarian pseudo-Macedonian? :evil:

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:56 pm

I imagine there's money-making clickbait on that very topic.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:08 pm

Bernie Sanders struggles to address Russian support after Mueller indictment (Fox)
Sen. Bernie Sanders has seemingly struggled to address recent allegations that Russia's campaign to interfere in the 2016 presidential election included a plan to boost his Democratic primary campaign.

For well over a year, it was alleged that Moscow's meddling mainly was meant to boost now-President Trump and harm then-Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

A bombshell Feb. 16 indictment filed against 13 Russian nationals in Robert Mueller's Russia probe bolstered those allegations, in stunning detail -- but also said the Russians sought to help Sanders.

Anybody but Hillary, tovarishch gospodin. :BigGrin3:

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:19 pm

What's there to "address" for Sanders? It wasn't his doing. The Russians had their own motives.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:09 am

Anaxagoras wrote:What's there to "address" for Sanders? It wasn't his doing. The Russians had their own motives.
You think that matters? :)

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:33 pm

I see the bind. If Bernie isn't responsible for any of it, then maybe Trump isn't either.

Having to hold an ally and an opponent to the same standard would tend to make people nervous, even if the nervous people planned no specific malfeasance. It's just easy to go overboard on an opponent and it hurts when it bounces back.
--Soldier, TF2

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:35 pm

To make the accusation that Trump conspired with a foreign power, one should probably have a reasonable suspicion to begin with.

Once the media starts asking "how did we even get here anyway?" the house of cards falls down.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:55 pm

Not about the Mueller investigation nor anything else to do with Trump, but a story that shows something of the nature of Twitter 'bots.

Far-right tweets hijack Stockholm tech hashtag
The Local (Sweden)

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:02 pm

OK back on track.

Those guys over by Democratic Underground sure got your number.

Yes YOU! You know who you are. :BigGrin3:

A lot of people are in denial about the Mueller investigation.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210317023

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:56 pm

If Russian (ie. Foreign) interference in our elections are bad, wouldn't you thing that those that are so concerned would be the first to demand proof of citizenship from voters? And would they not dismiss the propriety of illegals voting?
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:53 am

I knew ed would they meant him. :p