2018 USA election thread.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: 2018 USA election thread.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:48 pm

ed wrote:That is exactly it.

Ask Rahm Emanuel. Only way he will get reelected is by having illegals vote.

Hence the new Chi ID card.
There is at least one other Democrat who has a shot in Chicago's next "non-partisan" mayoral election.
A certain County Commissioner named Jesus. :BigGrin3:

Furthermore, LIBBERULz in general like the whole "sanctuary" thing.
For example, Bill DeBlasio certainly isn't counting on illegals to get reelected.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:36 pm

The Republicans have been saying that the Democrats simply want no immigration enforcement whatever.

Here is the latest response from The Nation.

It’s Time to Abolish ICE

Of course there is almost certainly some disagreement among the Democrats about this, but The Nation is pretty mainstream.

It wouldn't be worth mentioning if it were some poster on DU or blogger from Daily Kos.

gnome

Post by gnome » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:36 am

It doesn't logically follow. There was immigration enforcement before ICE, so abolishing it would not end immigration enforcement.

Personally I think it would be found to be true quickly enough that some of their functions still need to be done, and a similar organization would wind up being formed under a different name. So effectively the Nation is calling to rebrand ICE. I would rather they push for reform measures rather than name games.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:38 am

Open borders does not need ICE
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Giz

Post by Giz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:30 am

gnome wrote:. So effectively the Nation is calling to rebrand ICE.
It doesn’t read as “rebranding”, it reads as a call for abolition:

“Canon believes ICE should be abolished entirely.

“I don’t think a lot of people have any kind of direct experience with ICE, so they don’t really know what they do or what they’re about. If they did, they’d be appalled,” Canon told me. “ICE as it presently exists is an agency devoted almost solely to cruelly and wantonly breaking up families. The agency talks about, and treats, human beings like they’re animals. They scoop up people in their apartments or their workplaces and take them miles away from their spouses and children.””

And also:

“the purges ICE is conducting in immigrant communities.”

Lol - enforcing the law is now purges.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:32 am

I find the defenders of illegal aliens about as charming and grounded as "Sovereign Citizens" and others who just think the law should be what they want it to be.

Granted, I have been wasting time watching a lot of those idiots. Perhaps a better analogy to keep this "politically equal" is "about as charming and grounded as 'Christians' others who believe the rights of others should be what they want them to be."

In the rain.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

gnome

Post by gnome » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Giz wrote:
gnome wrote:. So effectively the Nation is calling to rebrand ICE.
It doesn’t read as “rebranding”, it reads as a call for abolition:

“Canon believes ICE should be abolished entirely.

“I don’t think a lot of people have any kind of direct experience with ICE, so they don’t really know what they do or what they’re about. If they did, they’d be appalled,” Canon told me. “ICE as it presently exists is an agency devoted almost solely to cruelly and wantonly breaking up families. The agency talks about, and treats, human beings like they’re animals. They scoop up people in their apartments or their workplaces and take them miles away from their spouses and children.””

And also:

“the purges ICE is conducting in immigrant communities.”

Lol - enforcing the law is now purges.
I get it. I'm saying if they get what they want, they still won't get what they want.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:34 am

Rumor has it Fauxcohontas will not run, partially due to her lies about her past not going away.

Unless she does run.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL East Champs!!

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:53 am

Is this something besides the question of her heritage? Someone please explain to me the scandal there. Her family told her she was part NA, so that's what she said, eventually she was checked and found out it wasn't so. What's the big flipping deal?
--Soldier, TF2

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 am

gnome wrote:Is this something besides the question of her heritage? Someone please explain to me the scandal there. Her family told her she was part NA, so that's what she said, eventually she was checked and found out it wasn't so. What's the big flipping deal?
Her career benefited from that claim.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:11 am

Grammatron wrote:
gnome wrote:Is this something besides the question of her heritage? Someone please explain to me the scandal there. Her family told her she was part NA, so that's what she said, eventually she was checked and found out it wasn't so. What's the big flipping deal?
Her career benefited from that claim.
I don't think that's been proven definitively, but it probably doesn't matter. A political liability it is.

Stupid shit like looking funny sitting in a tank or appearing to cry can prove costly. He'll keep mocking her as "Pocohontas" and there isn't much she can do about it but scold him, or get defensive about it, and it's just not a good look. I don't know if I entirely believe him but Scott Adams says that Trump beat Jeb! simply by slapping the "Low Energy" label on him. :notsure: Or maybe people just weren't into a third Bush presidency. The Republican "establishment" preferred Jeb! but not the voters.

:freedom:

"Pocohontas" aside, I personally would not prefer Warren to run. I don't think she'd be a great candidate. I'd like someone who can appeal more broadly than the "progressive" base.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:11 am

And all of the details of her claim have proven laughably false. It is so bad she claimed grandparents had to elope when not only was neither of them actually Native American, they had a very prominent wedding.

When The Boston Guardian of all papers acknowledges you lied, you are truly fucked:
Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren acknowledged for the first time late Wednesday night that she told Harvard University and the University of Pennsylvania that she was Native American, but she continued to insist that race played no role in her recruitment.

“At some point after I was hired by them, I . . . provided that information to the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard,’’ she said in a statement issued by her campaign. “My Native American heritage is part of who I am, I’m proud of it and I have been open about it.’’

Warren’s statement is her first acknowledgment that she identified herself as Native American to the Ivy League schools. While she has said she identified herself as a minority in a legal directory, she has carefully avoided any suggestion during the last month that she took further actions to promote her purported heritage.

When the issue first surfaced last month, Warren said she only learned Harvard was claiming her as a minority when she read it in the Boston Herald Sun.

Warren’s new statement came after the Globe asked her campaign about documents it obtained Wednesday from Harvard’s library showing that the university’s law school began reporting a Native American female professor in federal statistics for the 1992-93 school year, the first year Warren worked at Harvard, as a visiting professor.

The Boston Guardian
That was back in 2012 when TBG was carrying her veritable papoose water.

Her refusal to clear it up with a DNA test has actually pissed-off some Native American groups.

It is behind a paywall, but this January TBG frankly admitted that she has a problem that goes beyond simple partisan politics.

It is, in a way, "stolen valor." You cannot get away with it thanks to Al "It Ain't Me! It Ain't Me!" Gore's discovery of Global Warming the Intertubes. Before his discovery, it was easy to make such claims. I have a slew of them. Now, with the ability to check, they come off like:

Imagine, if you will, Trump claiming, say, back in 1977ish, that he served in 'Nam. Would anyone forgive him?

Funny, I knew a Native American Lass--"Some of My Best Friends Are ____"--who was so actively liberal she would consider Nyarl Conservative and Mentat a Nazi.

She fucking, fucking, FUCKING HATED Ward Churchill.

Fauxcohontas' lies are so blatant, that her supporters are at the "Yeah . . . but TRUMP" Level of Tu Quoque.

I really cannot understand it. Actually, I do: it comes from either scam artists or people who feel embarrassed about themselves, so they lie then they cannot stop lying:

--J. "That's 'SOKE Humble, Yet MagNIfIcent, Sensei!'" D.

AL East Champs!!

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:00 pm

Ok, so the problem isn't from claiming to be NA and then finding out she wasn't, her problem was that she kept changing her story about it? I'll agree that's deceptive.
--Soldier, TF2

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:34 am

Dems pulling off an upset in PA?

Votes still being counted but it looks possible:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ve-results

With 69% of precincts reporting the Dem has a 3% lead.
William Shakespeare

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Sen. Elizabeth Warren doubled down on her disputed story about a Native American heritage in a recent TV appearance, but an expert says her story just doesn't add up.

Warren appeared on "Fox News Sunday," where she was once again grilled about her long-standing claim to be Native American, and told a story about how her racist paternal grandparents objected to her parents' wedding because of her mother's Cherokee blood. The couple, she said, was forced into a Depression-era elopment.

“You know, my mom and dad were born and raised out in Oklahoma, and my daddy was in his teens when he fell in love with my mother,” said the Massachusetts Democrat. “She was a beautiful girl who played the piano. And he was head over heels in love with her and wanted to marry her. And his family was bitterly opposed to that because she was part Native American.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03 ... ement.html
Another noted native american: Chief Jay Strongbow from Puhuska OK( :wink: )
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:22 pm

At least Iron Eyes Cody looked the part.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:22 pm

This guy looked real....

although some of the company he kept might belay that...

Then Skank Of America could start in...

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:33 pm

Jay Silverheels was a real-o true-lo Injun even if his real name was Harold Smith. 8)

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:46 am

ed wrote:
Sen. Elizabeth Warren doubled down on her disputed story about a Native American heritage in a recent TV appearance, but an expert says her story just doesn't add up.

Warren appeared on "Fox News Sunday," where she was once again grilled about her long-standing claim to be Native American, and told a story about how her racist paternal grandparents objected to her parents' wedding because of her mother's Cherokee blood. The couple, she said, was forced into a Depression-era elopment.

“You know, my mom and dad were born and raised out in Oklahoma, and my daddy was in his teens when he fell in love with my mother,” said the Massachusetts Democrat. “She was a beautiful girl who played the piano. And he was head over heels in love with her and wanted to marry her. And his family was bitterly opposed to that because she was part Native American.”
The only possible excuse for her is that her parents or grandparents created the lie and she is only guilty of believing them. Saying that would be throwing them under the bus though.

Trump often uses that excuse when caught fibbing: "somebody told me that."

With Trump though, it's something new almost every day. Nobody could keep track of all of them (although some have tried). With Warren, this same thing gets brought up over, and over again. It's almost like telling a thousand lies is better than telling just one, because people remember the one, but a thousand is too many.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 am

Anaxagoras wrote: ...

Trump often uses that excuse when caught fibbing: "somebody told me that."

Trump: I am a gullible ninny NOT a liar. :lmao: