STOP THE PRESSES!!! People tend to marry those who share their values.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

STOP THE PRESSES!!! People tend to marry those who share their values.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:47 pm

I'm pretty sure there are still presses, though I can't prove it. :notsure:

Like it or not, studies suggest that Clinton may not be wrong on white women voting like their husbands
The Washington Post

Oregon State University assistant professor Kelsy Kretschmer co-wrote a study examining women’s voting patterns. “We know white men are more conservative, so when you’re married to a white man you get a lot more pressure to vote consistent with that ideology,” she told the Guardian last year.

Synopsis: Male bullying and female dependence at the root of it.

Analysis: See subject line.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Re: STOP THE PRESSES!!! People tend to marry those who share their values.

Postby ed » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:02 pm

1 hours ago
Forget this cow and her constant stream of excuses for why she wasn't handed the presidency on a silver platter. Tell you what, Mrs Cankles McPantsuit Clintoon - most white women of the Conservative bent wouldn't tolerate a whiny feminist man in their marriage, life, house, or bed. Men telling us what to do - is that how much you think of your gender? OR do you just think that because that's EXACTLY what the blacks in your ghetto plantations and the women you've convinced that abortion is the single greatest thing do when you sheep herders tell them how they should vote? Get lost you dried up has-been. God have mercy on your black soul. Conservative women are the best people I know and they straight up rejected you with your corruption, crimes, bribes, and every left ideology that pours off your forked tongue through your black lips. THAT'S What Happened.

A notable comment. :lol:
- new minimalist ethos -

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Let's put this modulo avoidable nastiness while understanding that politics is primarily about economic interests.

Democrats assume that men and women have antagonistic economic interests, even when married to each other.

They forget that by law, half a man's income belongs to his wife. So that (for example) a housewife whose husband makes $80,000 has an annual income of $40,000 not zero.

That's by law. In practice more, especially with children.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Postby corplinx » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:30 pm

In the SocJus Hierarcy (tm), Clinton's woman gimmick didn't matter. Obama's election showed we had already broken the glass ceiling.

So right wingers were't going to vote for Clinton even though she was pretty right wing when it comes to illegally interfering in other countries.

And the real left has become so intersectional that the novelty of a woman didn't matter anymore.

The Democrats were shouting THIS IS HISTORIC to themselves.

gnome

Postby gnome » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:09 pm

At least until the Republican primaries were settled. Then it was just OMG THIS GUY? YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING US.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:33 pm

corplinx wrote:So right wingers were't going to vote for Clinton even though she was pretty right wing when it comes to illegally interfering in other countries. ...

Not sure "right wing" is the right description.

It's the permanent bipartisan foreign policy, and therefore not ever really a factor.
Modulo there may be some name calling along the lines of calling the other guy a wimp or a maniac depending on the phases of the moon.

... And the real left has become so intersectional that the novelty of a woman didn't matter anymore.

Real left or "real" left or sort of realish left or Real Left TM :lmao:

Incidentally ...

intersectional == principled repudiation of the concept of common humanity.

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:34 pm

gnome wrote:At least until the Republican primaries were settled. Then it was just OMG THIS GUY HITLER ?????!1111!!!!!! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING US.

FTFY :)

gnome

Postby gnome » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:

Sounds like the opposite of intersectionality.

I'd call what you've observed not a mutation of the concept, more a case of "You're doing it completely wrong".
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Postby corplinx » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:36 pm

Redneck women want alpha men and not cucks. Film at 11.

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:35 pm

gnome wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:

Sounds like the opposite of intersectionality.

I'd call what you've observed not a mutation of the concept, more a case of "You're doing it completely wrong".

First of all "intersectionality" is pomo jargon, which is to say it may have some meaning-like epiphenomena associated with it, but no actual "meaning" in the traditional patriarchal white supremacist sense.

No one ever uses that word other than people who yap about it in the way I describe.

What the word might mean if it were a normal person word with a meaning is irrelevant.

gnome

Postby gnome » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:43 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:First of all "intersectionality" is pomo jargon, which is to say it may have some meaning-like epiphenomena associated with it, but no actual "meaning" in the traditional patriarchal white supremacist sense.

And that word salad does?!

No one ever uses that word other than people who yap about it in the way I describe.

What the word might mean if it were a normal person word with a meaning is irrelevant.

I have to differ. Maybe we just travel in different circles, but I see plenty of commentary among my feeds by people that take a perfectly reasonable definition of it -- simply that people marginalized for whatever reason or excuse have a common cause.
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:20 am

gnome wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:First of all "intersectionality" is pomo jargon, which is to say it may have some meaning-like epiphenomena associated with it, but no actual "meaning" in the traditional patriarchal white supremacist sense.

And that word salad does?!

Whoosh! :lmao:

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:10 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Let's put this modulo avoidable nastiness while understanding that politics is primarily about economic interests.

Democrats assume that men and women have antagonistic economic interests, even when married to each other.

They forget that by law, half a man's income belongs to his wife. So that (for example) a housewife whose husband makes $80,000 has an annual income of $40,000 not zero.

That's by law. In practice more, especially with children.

:notsure:
OK, here's what I could find:
http://family.findlaw.com/marriage/what ... at-in.html

It differs from state to state. 9 states are so-called "community property states" which are more or less as you state: the money earned by either spouse is jointly owned by both spouses. So it also applies if the roles are reversed and the woman is the breadwinner, or if they both earn significant incomes. But that leaves 41 other states called "common law property states" where basically the finances can be separate as far as I can tell. In the "community property states" debts are also equally owned, so any loans, mortgages or credit card debt incurred by either spouse during the marriage, both spouses are liable for.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”