The March for Life

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Mentat

Re: The March for Life

Post by Mentat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:32 pm

And then you have the violent sociopaths themselves, who aren't any better.
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:47 pm

Mentat wrote:
ed wrote:BTW, I am pro abortion, I am simply sickened by the left's hypocrisy. Their concern for gun violence is as well thought out and as inconsistent and immature as many if not most other SJW "causes". If your outrage is not narrowly channeled in the correct direction it is not relevant. In this case it has nothing, zero to do with respect for life, it is about control.
Oh, are we talking about hypocrisy now? Because when it comes to choose-your-favorite-minority, you have a habit of completely flipping on gun rights to the point of arguing against me of all people on it. So take your self-righteous fake outrage bullshit elsewhere, because nobody here is stupid enough to fall for it.

You of all people could have fooled me.

The rest of your post was incoherent.
- new minimalist ethos -

ed

Post by ed » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:49 pm

Mentat wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:Is it OK to object when outrageously slandered as a child killer, even if the slanderous words are put into the mouth of a child?

Your position equates to saying the NRA is a "terrorist group" because they raise funds for Republicans.
I'm not just talking about the NRA - which already is an evil entity aside from this topic. Fighting a proxy war through violent sociopaths makes you far worse than those who sympathize with the victims of that war.
"Evil entity"

Evidences? Or is this simply lefty yelling that is selfreferentially correct?
- new minimalist ethos -

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:03 pm

Mentat is still upset that I said I'd shoot someone who attacked me. Mentat thinks thugs like himself should be able to attack people without the risk of getting shot.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:08 pm

ed wrote:
Mentat wrote:
ed wrote:BTW, I am pro abortion, I am simply sickened by the left's hypocrisy. Their concern for gun violence is as well thought out and as inconsistent and immature as many if not most other SJW "causes". If your outrage is not narrowly channeled in the correct direction it is not relevant. In this case it has nothing, zero to do with respect for life, it is about control.
Oh, are we talking about hypocrisy now? Because when it comes to choose-your-favorite-minority, you have a habit of completely flipping on gun rights to the point of arguing against me of all people on it. So take your self-righteous fake outrage bullshit elsewhere, because nobody here is stupid enough to fall for it.

You of all people could have fooled me.

The rest of your post was incoherent.
"Incoherent" is becoming your calling card for having nothing to say when called out for blatantly contradicting yourself. The problem with evil assholes like you and the NRA is that your concern with the parkland shooting is the killer didn't wait for his victims to make it to adulthood, and now it's a PR problem for you. You will do everything in your power to insure these people have the means and motivation to kill your political enemies, as you have demonstrated time and time again.

Also, what the fuck is with calling me a lefty? I have been more pro-free enterprise and pro-gun rights in our arguments than you. Just because somebody isn't to the right to Mussolini and doesn't like nazis shooting innocents doesn't make them a "lefty".
It's "pea-can", man.

ed

Post by ed » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:13 pm

I was not using "lefty" as an adjective to describe a position or claim. Don't panic.
The problem with evil assholes like you and the NRA is that your concern with the parkland shooting is
This claim, barring evidence, based on a paranormal ability and requires evidence. How long have you practiced clairvoyance?

the killer didn't wait for his victims to make it to adulthood, and now it's a PR problem for you. You will do everything in your power to insure these people have the means and motivation to kill your political enemies,
Wow. Amazing. You now can tell the future and know, evidentially, that all the victims would grow into being my political enemies.

This is what I mean by incoherent. I can fairly see the spittle flying from your lips as you scream your thoughts to the clouds.
- new minimalist ethos -

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:11 pm

Pitiful attempt noted to change the subject from your blatant hypocrisy on arming violent extremists while wanting to deprive minorities of the same right.

I probably jumped the gun on my assertions of your motivations. It could be that you purely are interested in violence and fear generated by these violent attacks for financial gain, as opposed to being a political vendetta. If that is the case, then I apologize for misrepresenting your intentions.
It's "pea-can", man.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:18 pm

Mentat wrote:Pitiful attempt noted to change the subject from your blatant hypocrisy on arming violent extremists while wanting to deprive minorities of the same right.

I probably jumped the gun on my assertions of your motivations. It could be that you purely are interested in violence and fear generated by these violent attacks for financial gain, as opposed to being a political vendetta. If that is the case, then I apologize for misrepresenting your intentions.
You really are one fucking deranged, unhinged lunatic.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:33 pm

Who Runs March for Our Lives?
Daniel Greenfield
Follow the money.

It’s a strange political fact, but nearly every major anti-gun group has been a front group. The NRA is maligned 24/7 and yet it’s completely obvious whom it represents. Despite the efforts to tie it to everyone from firearms manufacturers to the Russians (if you can’t tie any random Republican thing to the Russians these days, you won’t be working at the Washington Post or CNN for very long), it represents its five million members. Anti-gun groups tend to represent shadowy networks.

Take Everytown, the noisiest and most dishonest anti-gun group on the scene. The one consistent thing about anti-gun groups is that that they are usually the opposite of what their name says they are.

Everytown for Gun Safety was formed out of two other groups: Moms Demand Action and Mayors Against Illegal Guns. Both are actually front groups for Michael Bloomberg, the lefty billionaire and former boss of the Big Apple, who used New York City resources to host at least one of its websites.

So Everytown is really New York City.

March for Our Lives is on every cable channel, but who runs it? The photogenic teen fronts are out front. But it’s obvious to everyone that a bunch of teens don’t have the resources and skills to coordinate a nationwide movement. Instead it’s the experienced activists who are actually running things.

Emphasis added.

It's a good article, but the emphasized bit is inaccurate.

"Everytown" is the Borough of Manhattan south of 96th street.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

ed

Post by ed » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:38 pm

Mentat wrote:Pitiful attempt noted to change the subject from your blatant hypocrisy on arming violent extremists while wanting to deprive minorities of the same right.

No guns for you.
- new minimalist ethos -

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:42 pm

You are doing a good job convincing me liberals need guns more than ever for protection from you and your cronies. I think you've finally cracked it: the perfect marketing campaign to get the pro-gun control side to want their own firearms. A plan perfectly executed . . . just don't kill off too many of the new buyers. ;)

Well, time to go invest in more firearm securities.
It's "pea-can", man.

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:44 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Who Runs March for Our Lives?
Daniel Greenfield
Follow the money.
Emphasis added.

Please tell me you're trolling with this tin foil nuttery.
It's "pea-can", man.

ed

Post by ed » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:49 pm

<sigh>

So my choices are:
1. I profit from violence ie. violent events cause people to buy stuff I sell
2. I arm surrogates to kill people who may grow up to have politics I don't like

Is that it? Thats a lot of crazy there.

Seriously, are you saying that you are not smart/clever enough to come up with more options that are not sorta hysterical?

What about Wildcat? Is he an evil fucker too? Abdul?
- new minimalist ethos -

ed

Post by ed » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:51 pm

Mentat wrote:You are doing a good job convincing me liberals need guns more than ever for protection from you and your cronies. I think you've finally cracked it: the perfect marketing campaign to get the pro-gun control side to want their own firearms. A plan perfectly executed . . . just don't kill off too many of the new buyers. ;)

Well, time to go invest in more firearm securities.
My Patriot Fund is performing nicely, thank you.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42033&p=864032&hili ... nd#p864032
- new minimalist ethos -

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:59 pm

Mentat wrote:
Daniel Greenfield
Follow the money.
Emphasis added.

OK then.

If it's tin foil nuttery, YOU go follow the money and tell me where it's coming from.

Just a bunch of kids kicking in their lunch money I suppose? :mrgreen:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:58 pm

It's not even a secret that the money for this is coming from Bloomberg and his astroturf anti-gun groups.

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:31 pm

ed wrote:

<sigh>

So my choices are:
1. I profit from violence ie. violent events cause people to buy stuff I sell
2. I arm surrogates to kill people who may grow up to have politics I don't like

Is that it? Thats a lot of crazy there.

Seriously, are you saying that you are not smart/clever enough to come up with more options that are not sorta hysterical?

What about Wildcat? Is he an evil fucker too? Abdul?
Yes. If you seek to empower violent radicals as a weapon against your enemy, then you are a completely evil fucker in my book. In the case of wildcat, he is that violent radical given his past threats of violence and complete derangement.
It's "pea-can", man.

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:34 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mentat wrote:
Daniel Greenfield
Follow the money.
Emphasis added.

OK then.

If it's tin foil nuttery, YOU go follow the money and tell me where it's coming from.

Just a bunch of kids kicking in their lunch money I suppose? :mrgreen:
It comes from all over. Just like the NRA. Treating the gun control movement as some shadowy NWO conspiracy nonsense in one breath while claiming the NRA is a grass roots "we the people by the people" organization is peak delusion. There are big and little supporters on either side.
It's "pea-can", man.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:06 pm

I think Mentat gets dumber by the post.

Cloverlief

Post by Cloverlief » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:33 pm

ed wrote:
Cloverlief wrote:Yeah, I know right! How dare traumatize children who watched their class mates be slaughtered by yet another fucking privilege white guy actually try to do something about it.

My god, the gall of these children!! It is so Orwellian, you know because, um, I don't know. Perhaps you can explain how it is Orwellian.

corplinx wrote:Umm... is anyone else disturbed at how Orwellian this was?

Mega astroturf operation by big special interests with local school districts assisting and worse censoring wrong think.

what in the fucking fuck.........

CNN was basically using kids as human shields for their OpEd groupthink? And schools participated instead of marking the kids AWOL? wtf
Only about 10 percent of the participants were under 18. The average age of the adults in the crowd was just under 49 years old, which is older than participants at the other marches I’ve surveyed but similar to the age of the average participant at the Million Moms March in 2000, which was also about gun control.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mon ... 2d6145ecf5

So the kids were organized, funded and made AstroTurf by elites like George Cloony and Bloomberg. Some were doubtless sincere, some were along for the ride. Their being children does not make their message more compelling. If anything, it undercuts it. "Do something" is not useful. "Ban guns" is not useful.

I'd take the outrage more seriously, as well as the breathless coverage if the elites paid 1/10 as much attention to demonstrations against an even more murderous practice: abortion. Every year a march, hundreds of thousands. Ever hear of it? If you did it was not from the press.

BTW, I am pro abortion, I am simply sickened by the left's hypocrisy. Their concern for gun violence is as well thought out and as inconsistent and immature as many if not most other SJW "causes". If your outrage is not narrowly channeled in the correct direction it is not relevant. In this case it has nothing, zero to do with respect for life, it is about control.
1) Abortion is not murder. Period. And if you think it is hypocrisy not to shine a light on pure bullshit, there is the problem.
2) Shockingly enough, not only children are sick to death of rampant guns and the death they cause.
3) Yeah, children tend to not have that thing called money to pay for causes so of course they are going to ally with people who have similar goals. It is stupid to suggest that they shouldn't or for some reason that is "Orwellian".
4) Eliminating one danger is important. In 2017 almost 40,000 people were killed with guns. And yes eliminating guns will probably not eliminate those deaths totally, but it will cut a big chunk out of them. Guns are point and click, other means of killing are not.
Chani