A sad suicide

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Re: A sad suicide

Postby sparks » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:31 am

"I am also very angry at her..."

Natural survivors reaction. Shit, I sometimes feel that way about family members who've preceded me via natural causes! Creeps!! How dare they abandon me in this miserable world of shit!11Eleventy.

"I think taking your own life for something as vague as "your life is shitty" is indeed selfish as fuck."

Agreed. But when you get the rug pulled out from under you by circumstances beyond your control and the immediate future is looking really really grim... Well, how many power suits went diving from the 14th floor when the stock market crashed? I mean the first time, the big one, not these pussie crashes we've had since then. Or, perhaps I should include them here. Housing bubble. Some poor bastards who'd lived in their homes for years and kept up the payments without trouble suddenly find themselves out of work as collateral damage in that fucking debacle and suddenly they're looking at life on the streets with a family of four. Holy Shit!

Just rambling now, ignore me please.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:38 pm

I find it terribly sad that a person felt that the only thing he could contribute to humanity was to immolate himself.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:22 pm

There's more to this physical life than contribution to humanity. While that is a good (not nice) calling, one must eat. Given the choice between starving to death slowly on the streets or turning ones head into a fine pink mist in half a second, many would see the latter as the way to go.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Postby Rob Lister » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:29 pm

Ya know, it could be murder. It's a big coverup. They couldn't even get his activism right. Where's there's smoke...

sparks

Postby sparks » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Listy's been reading 'The Enquirer' again. :)

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”