The First Mueller Anniversary

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
gnome

Re: The First Mueller Anniversary

Post by gnome » Wed May 16, 2018 5:37 pm

ed wrote:
gnome wrote:I don't think the impact of a crime can be reduced only to which law was violated. There is a fair discussion to be had in how significant foreign interference was in our election or in our political culture. That is not settled by dismissing it because some of it was done by "only" identity theft.

Also, are there not occasionally good reasons for a special investigation to start with the small as part of checking for a larger problem?
Jeeze ....

The law is the law. What you are describing sounds uncomfortably close to the legal principles in the Third Reich where investigations, absent a crime, were ongoing and where, if a person were released from custody, they could be scooped up again because of the larger, undefined, impact of their crime.

I don't dismiss interference in our elections any more than I dismiss the impact of people participating who should not be. If there is evidence of a crime, it should be investigated.

(Bolding mine) I do not advocate prosecuting anyone for a non-crime. I do advocate that the severity of an actual crime may be affected by their intent.

Saying "russians" as license to have an open ended exploration of everything about everybody Muller feels should be investigated stinks. That is nazi behavior.

And, I submit, few could emerge from such an investigation unscathed, unindited and financially intact.

Possibly, but if you want to press the point with an example, a plan to commit multiple identity thefts doesn't fit the profile of relative innocence you seem to present. The only thing separating this aspect from precisely what Mueller is charged with looking for is the illegal participation of the domestic campaign. I don't think it's unreasonable to look for that among people who are trying to act in secret, and breaking laws to do it.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Thu May 17, 2018 10:49 am

Witness wrote:Image

:mrgreen:
Nice.
I like this one also...

Then Skank Of America could start in...

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu May 17, 2018 11:53 pm

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:51 am

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:34 am

Witness wrote:Image
It is amazing to me how may wishful thinking Democrat voters have been duped into believing "the noose is tightening" so many times.

They live in a bizarro version of the world where Occupy Democrats facebook memes are news/facts.

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:51 am

corplinx wrote:They live in a bizarro version of the world where Occupy Democrats facebook memes are news/facts.
Humanity has a very long tradition of living in a "bizarro version of the world where [insert favorite myths] are news/facts."

:mrgreen:

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:40 am

I would like to get away from thinking that an extended investigation was a waste if it yields no dramatic indictments. If it allowed us to be more confident of the truth, whichever way it landed, then it had value. I want leaders, Democrats and Republicans and other, to worry about becoming the subject of something like this. As corrupt as our government is now, I can only imagine how it would be if they didn't have to worry about something cracking it all open and shining a light in once in a while.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:16 am

In ages past the most trivial of crimes were punished with the most horrific punishments. Mutilation, burning, drawing and quartering, impalement. Yet people transgressed. Because it would always be the other guy who got caught. An indictment? It's nothing.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:36 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 pm
Mentat wrote:The Russians have a lot of practice covering their tracks. Who knew?
In short, the Russian allegations are true because they are non-disprovable. :lmao:
This must have been broached at some time, but Not in this thread I see...
Why Obama didn’t act on Russian election interference benefitting Trump
A recurring criticism of former President Barack Obama is that he should have done more to try to stop Russia from meddling in the 2016 presidential election in the U.S.
“Question: If all of the Russian meddling took place during the Obama Administration, right up to January 20th, why aren’t they the subject of the investigation?” Trump tweeted on Feb. 21. “Why didn’t Obama do something about the meddling?”
While the Obama administration privately warned Russia to stop interfering on behalf of Trump, Yahoo News Chief Investigative Correspondent Michael Isikoff says it’s fair to criticize Obama for not taking sterner action.

“At the end of the day, Obama was the president, and he’s the one who shrunk from action,” Isikoff told Grant Burningham, host of Yahoo News’ podcast “Bots & Ballots.”
Some conjecture....grain of salt advised.

ed

Post by ed » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:20 pm

gnome wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Possibly, but if you want to press the point with an example, a plan to commit multiple identity thefts doesn't fit the profile of relative innocence you seem to present. The only thing separating this aspect from precisely what Mueller is charged with looking for is the illegal participation of the domestic campaign. I don't think it's unreasonable to look for that among people who are trying to act in secret, and breaking laws to do it.
As I said, no one, repeat, no one, can emerge from an investigation like Muellers, unscathed and probably unindited.

I might also point out that identity theft is de rigor for illegals. Is it a serious crime? It either is or isn't.

All I have seen from this investigation is bullshit charges, misconduct on the part of the investigators and really really abusive displays of power from the central government, viz that chick that is STILL being held even after the feds admitted that the original reason for arresting her has bogus.

Go perform the search that I did, look at the headlines.
ScreenShot239.jpg
What is the real story?
Judge Chutkan also rebuked prosecutors from the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, which brought the charges, for mistakenly alleging in court filings that Ms. Butina had offered sex in exchange for a job as part of her work for the Russian government. On Friday, prosecutors acknowledged that they had misinterpreted her innocent text messages with a friend.

The judge told Erik Michael Kenerson, an assistant United States attorney, that she was “dismayed” by the mistake. It took her no more than five minutes, she said, to review the messages and conclude they were meant in jest.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/10/us/p ... aring.html

The FBI.... let me repeat the fucking FBI provided the evidence that landed her in the slammer. THE FBI that you fund with your meager earnings. Doesn't that set off an alarm bell?

What this last episode tells me is that they will do anything, bend any law, imprison any innocent in order to advance their agenda. That, my friend, is exactly what the real Nazi's did. Subvert law, and do it right in the open daring anyone to criticise.

Now tell me again how this Mueller thing is not political bullshit and please give me an example or two that supports the contention. Everything about it is either a lie or damn close to it. No collusion, no meetings that Trump knew about, bullshit FISA warrants ... don't get me started on that crap.

So I float a story. It appears in multiple "news" outlets then I use it to lock you up? Or at least investigate you for two years? Pauper you. I don't see, at this juncture, how any thinking person can support a continuation of this bullshit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Giz

Post by Giz » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Its not often you get a witch hunt on behalf of the witch.

(Just kidding! It was Her turn really! Don't lock me up! )

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:33 am

Media Begin Lowering Expectations Ahead Of FBI Report On Alleged Trump-Russia Collusion
It looks like President Donald Trump’s critics might not get the earth-shattering, presidency-destroying, nail-in-the-coffin FBI report confirming Russian collusion they were hoping for.

FBI special counsel Robert Mueller’s final report is apparently coming – after the midterm elections, of course. Several key findings, including whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election and whether the president obstructed justice, are expected to be released after ballots are cast. Media outlets hoping for a Watergate-style takedown of an American president they despise may not get what they want.
Oh well....

ed

Post by ed » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:29 am

QE fucking D

And someone tell me that it wasnt obvious months ago

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:38 am

How many shopping days 'til Fitzmas? :BigGrin3:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:30 am

Women Allegedly Offered Money to Make 'False Claims' Against Special Counsel Mueller
Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office has told the FBI that women were allegedly offered money to make “false claims” about him, CNBC reported Tuesday.

The news comes just as conservative commentator Jack Burkman claims to have information about a number of women who were sexually assaulted by Mueller. In a Twitter post Tuesday morning, Burkman said he will reveal the identity of “the first of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s sex assault victims” on Thursday.

Mueller Accused Of Sexual Assault; Says Women Were "Offered Money" To Make "False Claims"

Not much to it, however, they dont just seem to #believeher...go figure.
Update: The Gateway Pundit has removed the documents from their website containing the Mueller allegations after receiving information on Jacob Wohl - a TGP employee believed to be linked to the Mueller accusation.
:Popcorn:

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:04 am

Are we there yet?

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:48 am

If you ask that one more time so help me I will turn this car around and go straight home!!! See if I don't!!!! :x :cussing:
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

ed

Post by ed » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:00 pm

1.5 years and counting.

And how is that investigation into the DNC and Hillary "colluding" with the Russkis to score info on Trump? Any news on that?

Watch. A week after the midterms we are going to get a nothingburger for christmas/Hanuka/kwanza/Festivus.

Wanna bet? Any takers?

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:20 am

UPDATE: Alleged victim is a no-show for news conference claiming Mueller 'sex assaults'
Jacob Wohl, a pro-Trump fan of conspiracy theories, and Jack Burkman, a conservative lobbyist and radio host, stood in front of a half-full room of reporters and activists at a D.C.-area Holiday Inn Thursday to detail their allegations of sexual misconduct against Robert Mueller, the special counsel probing Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The woman who they said has made those allegations, a Los Angeles native in her 30s, was slated to attend the news conference and give her own account. But, Wohl said, she feared for her life and on arriving in Washington, "panicked and boarded a flight to another location." Burkman promised she would appear at another news conference in the near future.
As much as I dislike Muller and the whole nothing-burger of the "Russian collusion" probe, this still begs the question: Is there a police report?

If there isn't then we have another hi-profile person being accused of a sex-crime, years after the event.

The LSM does not seem to #BelieveHer the way they believed Mz. Balzy-Ford because....

Little is known about the woman allegedly making these allegations. After Wohl and Burkman went back and forth on the exact spelling of her name, Wohl described her as a fashion designer, who was "well-educated and comes from a good family."

"She is a gal who has an illustrious background and she is not politically oriented," Wohl said.

"We went through every meticulous detail of her allegation, we cross-referenced it with public records, we joined historical societies to get some of those records," he said. Wohl said they were "in the process" of going to police with the woman's allegations and would file a report by the end of next week.
Okay, I guess we'll see then...
:Popcorn:

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:01 pm

Skeeve wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:20 am
The LSM does not seem to #BelieveHer the way they believed Mz. Balzy-Ford because....
Does she even exist?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare