Feminism Fails

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Grammatron

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Grammatron » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:29 am

This is Swedish Feminism fail. Which is a feminism fails so it's perfectly suited for this thread.

This is not a fail of all feminism as a general concept.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:10 am

Stenungsund, Sweden, where there's so much rape the police are overwhelmed.

I'm sure there's a lot more information in Swedish than there is in English, and I'm wary of outside sources with an agenda.

Fwiw, here is the Wiki on the town:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stenungsund

Stenungsund is a locality and the seat of Stenungsund Municipality, Västra Götaland County, Sweden with 9,987 inhabitants in 2010.[1]

That is a small town, unless the population has increased dramatically since 2010, but maybe the police force is small too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Sweden
At the turn of the 20th century, Sweden had very few immigrants. In 1900, the nationwide population totaled 5,100,814 inhabitants, of whom 35,627 individuals were foreign-born (0.7%).
As of 2010, 1.33 million people or 14.3% of the inhabitants of Sweden were foreign-born.
As of 2017, the percentage inhabitants with a foreign background in Sweden had risen to 24.1%.[6]
So the foreign-born population seems to have increased by 10% since 2010. Perhaps a police department that used to be adequate in a low-crime country is no longer up to the task.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:19 am

Which, IMO makes this a valid criticism of a system that prides itself on allocating resources with feminism in mind. As in providing resources for protecting of and investigating assault (sexual or otherwise) crimes pertaining to women, which I would think is one of the top priorities of feminism.

Sweden made the claim but this example shows they still have work to do.

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:34 pm

I begin to catch the drift--a case of "failing to live up to their mission" rather than "fucking things up because of their mission" -- I think I was reacting as if to the latter.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:07 pm

gnome wrote:I begin to catch the drift--a case of "failing to live up to their mission" rather than "fucking things up because of their mission" -- I think I was reacting as if to the latter.
Yes, I would agree with that

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:49 am

Education and Feminist Fails!
First an apparent success.
Between academic years 2003–04 and 2013–14, the total number of postsecondary degrees awarded increased at all degree levels: certificates by 41 percent (from 688,000 to 969,000), associate's degrees by 51 percent (from 665,000 to 1.0 million), bachelor's degrees by 34 percent (from 1.4 million to 1.9 million), master's degrees by 34 percent (from 564,000 to 754,000), and doctor's degrees by 41 percent (from 126,000 to 178,000). Reflecting the overall increase in the number of postsecondary degrees awarded at each level, the number of postsecondary degrees awarded generally increased for racial/ethnic groups at each level between 2003–04 and 2013–14.
https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=72
Yea yea yea, so what's your point skeeve?
ImageOkay POINT One: Notice that females are in the majority.

Not surprisingly this leads to....
Smart Educated women need to marry down to become mothers because there aren't enough smart men to go around, researchers warn Okay if you assume educated equates to intelligence fine, I don't. Anyway.
Intelligent women should consider marrying less clever men if they want to start a family, according to researchers.

There are simply not enough brainy men to go round – so women may need to widen their search, warned the author of a report that found a growing number of professional women were freezing their eggs because they couldn’t find ‘Mr Right’.
‘They didn’t want to marry or partner with someone less educated and of lower socio-economic status,’ she said. ‘They wanted equality in their relationship.’ In fact, another study co-authored by Professor Inhorn found women often desired men from a higher socio-economic level.

‘Traditionally, women in societies around the world have tried to achieve hypergamy, or “marrying up” in an attempt to secure a better future for themselves and their children,’ the study said, although it acknowledged that with more women in education, ‘these trends may be reversing’.
So when more women are educated (to where it is close to 6 women for every 4 men graduating) it looks as if there aren't enough good men to go around.
Point Two: oops...

Well it looks as if women are gonna have to consider either marrying down, or freezing their eggs.
Oh well, meanwhile....

Suzanne Venker: My message for women -- 'Marrying down' is nothing to celebrate
A record 25 percent of husbands are now marrying wives who have more education than the man of the house.
Though we don’t hear much about it, hypergamy – the preference of most women to marry “up” – is still alive and well, as America’s single men can attest. Women have always preferred to marry men of a higher rank, or men who make more money (or have the capacity to make more money due to their career choices).

Hypergamy doesn’t exist because women are greedy. (Well, some are, I suppose; but that’s a side issue.) It exists because pregnancy, childbirth and the needs of babies invariably make women vulnerable.
It’s well-documented that most women leave the workforce for a period of time after they have children and thus need a husband on whom they can rely for a period of time.
Another problem with women marrying down is that the sociological data on divorce rates among this group are grim. One reason is that at some point down the line, many of these wives lose respect for or become dissatisfied with their low-achieving husbands. This is either because the two don’t share the same drive, or because the man’s inability to earn enough money puts undue pressure on the wife to produce.
POINT Three....
You can follow the link if you wish (its a nice NPR interview).

Feminism, with its push for equality between the sexes, has succeeded in getting more women into higher education (ignore the fact that men are now a minority in college - its all about equality, right?), has made it more difficult for educated women to be able to "marry up."

Despite the fact that this shouldn't matter, apparently it still does.
And the social consequences (when women "marry down") can be pretty bad...

FAIL!
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:01 pm

I call that feminist success, even if an individual feminist here or there doesn't care for the results.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:22 am

Hungary bans gender studies because it is 'an ideology not a science'
Hungary’s populist government has banned gender studies degrees citing low enrollment numbers that waste taxpayer money and because it is “an ideology not a science.”

Left-wing critics say it’s academically problematic, politically unheard of in a democratic society, and argue gender studies degrees do lead to jobs.
“The Hungarian government is of the clear view that people are born either men or women,” Orban’s chief of staff said in August. “They lead their lives the way they think best, but beyond this, the Hungarian state does not wish to spend public funds on education in this area.”
“Whether or not you believe in the academic merit in gender studies as a field, it is a legitimate academic field, so banning it is a historic violation of academic freedom,” said Fodor, who has taught gender studies for the past 15 years.
:doglaugh:

A former communist country, dumping essentially Marxest bullshit....go figure.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:34 am

Back when it was a Communist country, that shit wasn't "Marxist" bullshit.

If it came up at all, it would have been in the category of "bourgeois decadence".

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:59 pm

Second Abdul on that, the association with Marxism is spurious. (We can count on journalists to have at least read the Manifesto – all work and no fun, BTW – before writing about Marxism, right? As for the snowflakes…)

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:15 am

To be fair, campus lefties do tend to "identify as" Marxists. :BigGrin3:

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:24 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:15 am
Is it a gender? :P

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:51 am

Witness wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:24 am
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:15 am
Is it a gender? :P
Finally you are catching on. 8)

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Radical feminists attack church and town hall in Argentina
The women also attacked other public buildings with bombs, stones, and graffiti
Radical feminists firebombed a town hall and spray painted a Catholic Church in Argentina. The series of attacks came during a women’s conference held in the Patagonia region this past weekend.

The conference was the 33rd National Women’s Encounter held October 13-15 in the city of Trelew in Chubut province, and focused primarily on promoting abortion and so-called gender ideology.

On October 14, participants in the conference marched through the streets of Trelew with signs in favor of legalized abortion and the separation of church and state. During the demonstration, a group of bare-chested feminists stood in front of Mary Help of Christians parish and attacked Trelew town hall with Molotov cocktail firebombs.

The women also attacked other public buildings with bombs, stones, and graffiti. The police and locals eventually managed to control the mob and ten women were arrested.
Note religeous sources...
...apparently nothing from the Lame Stream Media though...

Argentina feminist rally ends with Molotov bombs thrown at church
ROME - As has become customary, Argentina’s “National Encounter of Women” on Sunday ended with violent protests that included bare-chested women throwing Molotov cocktails at a Catholic church and the City Hall in the city of Trelew, located some 700 miles south of Buenos Aires.

“Abort your heterosexuality,” “Church and State, separate affair,” “death to the macho is not a metaphore,” and “lesbianize yourself” were among slogans an estimated 50,000 women who rallied through downtown Trelew left behind, with graffiti scrawled on storefronts, privately-owned homes and churches.
:cowbell:

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:40 pm

So how is the a "fail" exactly?

Maybe we need a "Feminism mission accomplished" thread?