Shunning as a form of ideological social pressure. It works for authoritarian religious cults it ought to work for ...

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
RCC: Act II

Re: Shunning as a form of ideological social pressure. It works for authoritarian religious cults it ought to work for .

Post by RCC: Act II » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:18 pm

xouper wrote:
Fail #3: If you want to dispute the accuracy of the report, you need to do better than trying to dismiss them using the fallacy of argumentum ad hominem.
I't more like argumentum ad lol what the fuck is "media approved" and don't they understand it is really about ethics in video game journalism anyway

I mean, if I go around behind my state senator who sided against the teachers making fart noises with my lips can I do that without CNN's thumbs up? Or does it mean that if they just report it and don't call me an ill-tempered motherfucker who hates freedom my fart-lips makes that list?

xouper

Re: Shunning as a form of ideological social pressure. It works for authoritarian religious cults it ought to work for .

Post by xouper » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:32 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
xouper wrote:Fail #3: If you want to dispute the accuracy of the report, you need to do better than trying to dismiss them using the fallacy of argumentum ad hominem.
I't more like argumentum ad lol what the fuck is "media approved" and don't they understand it is really about ethics in video game journalism anyway

I mean, if I go around behind my state senator who sided against the teachers making fart noises with my lips can I do that without CNN's thumbs up? Or does it mean that if they just report it and don't call me an ill-tempered motherfucker who hates freedom my fart-lips makes that list?
Seriously? That's all you got? :roll:

Take #8, for example, and show how that is not an example of a media person excusing the harassment of others.

Post by RCC: Act II » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:44 pm

xouper wrote:
Take #8, for example, and show how that is not an example of a media person excusing the harassment of others.
I can take 4 #2s and end up with a better news source.

You want me to consider something? Post the non-aggregated source to the actual event, assuming that source also isn't slightly less credible than timecube.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:51 pm

Back on track.

About shunning friends and family, not rival shitposters.

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

xouper

Post by xouper » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:24 am

xouper wrote:Take #8, for example, and show how that is not an example of a media person excusing the harassment of others.
RCC: Act II wrote:I can take 4 #2s and end up with a better news source.

You want me to consider something? Post the non-aggregated source to the actual event, assuming that source also isn't slightly less credible than timecube.
That "aggregated" list contains such links.

But just for you, here is the link for #8, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak:

https://twitter.com/DeanObeidallah/stat ... 9518923776

Dean Obeidallah is former lawyer, a columnist for The Daily Beast, a contributor to CNN, Huffington Post, and many other news media, and has a radio show. In that tweet, he clearly approves of harassing conservatives.

Please explain why you claim this is not an example of media approval of directly harassing people in public places?

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:32 am

Shunning.

Thanks Obama.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:33 am

I use to think religious conservatives were intolerant and suffering from critical butt-hurt.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Post by RCC: Act II » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:37 am

xouper wrote: Please explain why you claim this is not an example of media approval of directly harassing people in public places?
1) There was no claim anything wasn't. My mocking the idea had to do more with the idea of defining and caring about "media approval" is asinine in and of itself.

2) So... the criteria for "media approval" is anyone that is even a minor player in media? No editorial policies or anything? Weak shit right there. Being called "trash" is harassment? Even more weak shit. Just sad, really.

3) However, even then, lololol alt-right snowflakes and their safe spaces. The only problem I have with someone calling Bannon a piece of trash is the sad lack of creativity.

Amazing that this subculture that prides itself on anti-PC rudeness are now whining since they got a very very, small taste of what people went through that were doxxed, etc by alt-right clowns. Minus the death and rape threats, anyway. Well, that and in person rather than through the internet.

In case it isn't clear, I'm all for telling administration officials that their polices have real life consequences and letting the alt-right goons know that their beliefs are garbage that no decent person should respect. They can have peace as soon as their victims have peace.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:02 am

Yeah, I have zero fucking empathy for these people who were all "Fuck Your Feelings' in 2016 but are now all upset that those subhuyman Libtards basically said "okay, fuck your's too"
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

xouper

Post by xouper » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:03 am

RCC: Act II wrote:
xouper wrote:Please explain why you claim this is not an example of media approval of directly harassing people in public places?
1) There was no claim anything wasn't. My mocking the idea had to do more with the idea of defining and caring about "media approval" is asinine in and of itself.

2) So... the criteria for "media approval" is anyone that is even a minor player in media? No editorial policies or anything? Weak shit right there. Being called "trash" is harassment? Even more weak shit. Just sad, really.

3) However, even then, lololol alt-right snowflakes and their safe spaces. The only problem I have with someone calling Bannon a piece of trash is the sad lack of creativity.

Amazing that this subculture that prides itself on anti-PC rudeness are now whining since they got a very very, small taste of what people went through that were doxxed, etc by alt-right clowns. Minus the death and rape threats, anyway. Well, that and in person rather than through the internet.

In case it isn't clear, I'm all for telling administration officials that their polices have real life consequences and letting the alt-right goons know that their beliefs are garbage that no decent person should respect. They can have peace as soon as their victims have peace.
Wow, that was quite a spin job. I don't know what planet you're living on, but it sure ain't Earth.

As for choosing a weak example, you may have a point, except that the bookstore owner put a stop to it before it could get out of hand. The point was that a media spokesperson approved of it and endorsed even stronger levels of harassment. Also, there are other examples on that list that are stronger examples of harassment and worse. The point of the list is to show that this situation is escalating and it is the liberal media that is encouraging it, both implicitly and explicitly.

Your excuse that the conservatives deserve it is pure bullshit.

In any case, thanks for explaining that you too endorse harassing people in public for their political views. That's fucking assinine. When does it cross the line and become a tort or criminal matter? Does someone need to get shot like Scalise before you say, hey stop? Let's make this personal. If someone were to harass you in a bookstore or a restaurant, at what point would say it's time to call the police and press charges? How about if someone throws a drink in your face and steals your hat because they don't like your politics? That was one of the examples on the list that I could have cited. That guy has since been arrested and charged. Do you endorse that kind of behavior and do you think the media should be endorsing that kind of behavior?

xouper

Post by xouper » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:07 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:Yeah, I have zero fucking empathy for these people who were all "Fuck Your Feelings' in 2016 but are now all upset that those subhuyman Libtards basically said "okay, fuck your's too"
Logic fail. False equivalence.

There is a big difference between hurt feelings and criminally harassing people in a restaurant.

That list of harassments and attacks is not at all about "feelings".

Dipshit.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:15 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:Yeah, I have zero fucking empathy for these people who were all "Fuck Your Feelings' in 2016 but are now all upset that those subhuyman Libtards basically said "okay, fuck your's too"
Because gangs were confronting Obama Administration members to taunt them and scream at them?

They were being thrown out of restaurants?

As I indicated, the "Libtards," to use your vernacular, have proven more butt-hurt than the religious conservatives.

But then, it has always been about "being right" and "shouting down" any opposition because, of course, to allow opposition is to suggest the possibility that one is correct. The "Libtards" simply have increased the volume blathering the same rather "fascist" arguments of their ends justifying the means whilst vilifying All Who Disagree in order to justify their ends.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:18 am

The liberals just escalated it to that level first.

Personally, I am hoping to sit back and enjoy watching the whole thing burn down

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:27 am

Why?

Beyond the "it reads well and Carter says it in that one good Batman film" and all of that, but methinks, like the quotation from Sonny Chiba's The Bodyguard your use of it suggests you did not think much about it.

I believe I have already indicated that I reject and condemn the Lower than Serious Your Mom Internet Insult of "you need help!" "ur mind brokez" and all of that crap, especially from those who exhibit enough behavior to allow an interesting hour with the DSM-V or an actual psychiatry textbook [Stop that.--Ed.] Too soon?

Nevertheless, should you seriously, beyond Internet is Serious, feel that, then I must suggest that you do avail yourself of help.

Assuming that is not the case, then to what point does such hyperbole serve?

Remember:

--J.D.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:59 am

It's going to happen no matter what. So I can either enjoy it or fear it.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:30 am

Evidences?

Thanks.

J&D

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:46 am

It's already beginning. Isn't that what this very conversation is about?

Can it be reversed? Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:28 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:It's already beginning. Isn't that what this very conversation is about?
Leaving aside the humor, it is from the "Left" since "they lost." They are like Oakland Raider fans in the "Black Hole" who scream at fans from "The Other Team" that will beat the shit out of them that day. I use the "Humorous Sports Analogies" . . . heh . . . heh . . . "Anal" . . . heh . . . because the same tribal mentality applies. Years ago, I and a MFY fan joked about the "typical" Red Sox MFY fan" argument being "____ sucks!" "No! ____ sucks!"

As a confessed hyper-partisan Trump Hating LIBERAL put it, unless Trump nominated Merrick Garland, his pick would BE THE WORSTEST PICK EVER!!

Same would happen with Her Turn.

Fine. Moving on to your point:
Can it be reversed? Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.
Unfortunately, the Left are as Butt-hurt over Trump--and some of the Right are as well!--as the Right was over Obama. A better example is Clinton because "if not for that Idiot Can I Finish!" there would have been no Clinton. See Buchanan in 2000. Anyways, both sides are currently looking at this like a Sports Debate: all hyperbole. All tribal.

Solution?

A candidate who is more centrist such that both sides can grudgingly accept privately. Then oppose/support on individual issues. Trump is, strangely, more centrist, but he is such an obnoxious troll. He shows the ability to "schmooze" and get things done . . . only to then have another temper tantrum. Case in Point: his handling of the Lone Fat Boy. In a Disturbs Physicists Rare Moment of Clarity, he did not respond to the latest North Korean "what? You were serious?" gripping like he normally does.

Her Turn may have been a moderate.

Yes, I wrote that.

Would not matter: the Right would hound her into the ground. The fault is her own for her various sins.

So why am I arguing with you?

It is fun?

I have HilARioUS Anime Demotivators?

Anax has not sent me the latest Gone with the Wind with Tentacles Hentai?

Because much of the problem is that the Republicans did not run a serious candidate since they felt that it was Her Turn. As I think corplinx noted, Her Turn tolerated Feel the Bern since they figured it would make her look more sane and moderate in comparison. The odd thing is, if a sane Republican won, he may not have beaten her.

The question is what happens After Trump. If he wins reelection, there is NO WAY it is Pence. Pence makes Dukakis seem exciting. So you have an open field with the general, "okay, time for a change."

Who runs then from both parties?

--J.D.

Post by RCC: Act II » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:31 pm

xouper wrote:

In any case, thanks for explaining that you too endorse harassing people in public for their political views. That's fucking assinine. When does it cross the line and become a tort or criminal matter?
State and local ordinances vary. Generally, they don't have laws saying we have to be nice to each other.

Does someone need to get shot like Scalise before you say, hey stop?
I don't think the alt-right and Trumpies are well served by this line of reasoning. Enough mass shooters with pictures of themselves in MAGA caps, etc.

Let's make this personal. If someone were to harass you in a bookstore or a restaurant, at what point would say it's time to call the police and press charges?
When I believe that my safety is in question. I've had death threats to my face before and not thought this, so I set a pretty high bar. Maybe you would get more the answer you are looking for if these questions weren't addressed to someone who's main purpose in life is to speak truth to power and who is used to having people do this to him.

How about if someone throws a drink in your face and steals your hat because they don't like your politics?
Depends. Mostly I'd just mock and laugh at the guy stealing my WVU cap and wipe my face off as the other people think the guy is an asshole with no composure. Unless the guy was clearly intoxicated and it looks like they were going to drive a vehicle, that's about it.

Getting all whiny, complaining to the teacher police and generally acting like a soccer player trying to draw a yellow card is counterproductive. Impotent rage and saying my big brother is coming to kick your ass threatening to call the authorities is never a good look. Coolly laughing at people who do this and maybe cutting them down verbally is a way stronger play.

Although I'm still trying to figure out what "media endorsing" means. Dislike the tone of a report? Opinion piece you don't like?

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Elon Musk now in the crosshairs of the virtue signaling shunners.

Welcome to the blacklist Elon!