Shunning as a form of ideological social pressure. It works for authoritarian religious cults it ought to work for ...

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Nyarlathotep

Re: Shunning as a form of ideological social pressure. It works for authoritarian religious cults it ought to work for .

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:24 am

It doesn't seem that you can.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Shunning as a form of ideological social pressure. It works for authoritarian religious cults it ought to work for .

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:51 am

The point being not who is right, but that there has really been a change in attitude for the worse.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Imagine what would happen if farmers decided to withhold their services from people who don't vote their way.

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:23 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Imagine what would happen if farmers decided to withhold their services from people who don't vote their way.
Or this:
http://stateandcapitol.bangordailynews.com/2016/12/16/ wrote:
Maine propane dealer to Trump voters: ‘I will no longer be delivering your gas’
December 16, 2016, By Michael Shepherd

A Skowhegan propane dealer who said he’ll no longer deliver to supporters of President-elect Donald Trump called the Republican “the Antichrist,” but that he wouldn’t cut off freezing customers.

If you call Turner LP Gas in Skowhegan, you get a message from owner Michael Turner: “If you voted for Donald Trump for president, I will no longer be delivering your gas,” it says. “Please find someone else.”
I have no followup information whether he actually refused to delivery to Trump voters. Nonetheless, it seems to me this could be a dangerous and destructive slope to go down.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:29 pm

Trump wins again.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:48 pm

What's that from? Twitter?
Last edited by Abdul Alhazred on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:50 pm

Even though I hate Trump, I would not go to a restaurant where that could happen.

Furthermore they are also harassing the neighbors of the people they hate. Collateral damage if you will.

No question about it, someone will start shooting. Soon.

xouper

Post by xouper » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:37 am

For those who didn't know, the above words are from a speech Maxine Waters gave at a rally in Los Angeles on Saturday.

Followed on Monday by this ethics complaint against her:
The Washington Times wrote:
Judicial Watch files House ethics complaint against Maxine Waters for 'inciting violence'

By Jennifer Harper - The Washington Times, Monday, June 25, 2018

Judicial Watch filed Monday an ethics complaint against Rep. Maxine Waters for “inciting violence and assaults on the Trump Cabinet,” according to Tom Fitton, president of the watchdog organization.

. . . Ms. Waters made her remarks Saturday during a rally in Los Angeles, during which she entreated participants to “push back” on Trump staffers in public places such as restaurants or gas stations.

“In encouraging individuals to create ‘crowds’ who will ‘push back’ on President Trump’s Cabinet members at private business establishments and in seemingly trying to prevent these Cabinet officials from obtaining basic necessities without fear of assault and violence, Rep. Waters seems to be violation of House rules,” Mr. Fitton wrote.

He specifically cited House Rule 23, clause which requires lawmakers and others within the House to behave ‘in a manner that shall reflect creditably on the House.”

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:55 am

A Racist Cunt who lives in luxury outside her district is a Racist Cunt.

Film at 11.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:15 pm

I'm not sure loyal opposition is just calling people who disagree with you nazis or racist all the time.

It's kind of like the Monty Python argument sketch.

"Dissent isn't just calling everyone who disagrees names!"
"Yes it is, Hitler."

For true Dissent of Trump I've mostly turned to The Intercept because as true leftists that have some actual scruples and don't run the FakeNews narrative of the day.

The Reasonoids have been dissenting against Trump consistently but it's the predictable libertarian stuff. I can take a typical Trump issue and guess the Reason response, but they aren't going going to report on the death toll in Yemen for the Saudi-Iran proxy war we are helping.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:34 pm

It is as if pretending to believe CNN is a loyalty test.

Giz

Post by Giz » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:20 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:It is as if pretending to believe CNN is a loyalty test.
Certainly some kind of test.

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:00 pm

IQ test mostly

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:05 pm

They would fail since they cannot find "IQ" in "CNN."

Try the veal.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:05 pm

They would fail since they cannot find "IQ" in "CNN."

Try the veal.

--J.D.

RCC: Act II

Post by RCC: Act II » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:57 pm

xouper wrote:
I have no followup information whether he actually refused to delivery to Trump voters. Nonetheless, it seems to me this could be a dangerous and destructive slope to go down.
Maybe, but for those who think not taking some form of direct action against Trump is even more dangerous and destructive, then, well, there we are. I agree with non-violent public showings of disrespect against those who either work with Trump or who conspicuously proclaim their support for same. I'd love to own a restaurant just so if a GOP senator came in I could explain that it wouldn't be fair to seat them until the next election.

A Trump supporter whining about incivility is about as lol as it gets. Sorry that proudly supporting a guy that does nothing but spew insults and threats whenever he's upset by something he sees on Fox news maybe leads to being treated rudely.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:18 pm

To me, all of that is just re-branded McCarthyism with added flavors of ends justifying the means.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:21 pm

RCC and I have something in common.

I want to own a restaurant just to discriminate against people because I am a deranged loonie who is upset Hillary lost as well.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:24 am

It will be so popular no one will go there.

--J.D.

RCC: Act II

Post by RCC: Act II » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:09 am

Grammatron wrote:To me, all of that is just re-branded McCarthyism with added flavors of ends justifying the means.
Lol. If this is a red scare analogy, y'all would be blaming the whole thing on Dalton Trumbo.