Justice Kennedy Announces Retirement

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
WildCat

Justice Kennedy Announces Retirement

Post by WildCat » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:33 pm

Anthony Kennedy, swing justice, announces retirement
Justice Anthony Kennedy announced today that he would retire from the Supreme Court, effective July 31. In a letter to President Donald Trump, Kennedy wrote that “it is the highest of honors to serve on this Court,” and he expressed his “profound gratitude for having had the privilege to seek in each case how best to know, interpret, and defend the Constitution and the laws that must always conform to its mandates and promises.” The decision by the 81-year-old justice, who spent much of his 30 years on the court as a pivotal vote on a wide range of high-profile issues, especially since the retirement of Justice Sandra Day O’Connor in 2006, is all but certain to kick off a pitched confirmation battle because of the possibility that his successor could move the court significantly to the right on a number of those issues.
No doubt he wants Trump to replace him before the Dems get either control of the Senate or the White House.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Justice Kennedy Announces Retirement

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:33 pm

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:56 pm

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:01 pm

OTOH, they are very happy (like ed), over by Free Republic.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3666540/posts

Some Freeper comments:
Prophetic. More to come. I believe God is on a mission to MAGA.
I believe you are correct, Trump is Gods choice.
Your sort of politics ed? :roll:

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:42 pm

ed wrote:hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I think ed's guns posted this from his account.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

ed

Post by ed » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:32 pm

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:45 pm

ed wrote:hahahahahahha
...[Yuuuuge Snip]....
We interrupt ed's laughter for a serious announcement...

'The McConnell rule': Some Dems say the vote for Justice Kennedy's replacement should be delayed
Reaction to Justice Anthony Kennedy’s surprise announcement that he will retire from the Supreme Court on July 31 was swift for many Democrats, some of whom said the Senate should follow the standard set by Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and deny a vote to President Trump’s next nominee to the high court.

In 2016, citing the upcoming election, McConnell blocked President Obama’s Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland. Now, with Trump and his fellow Republicans poised to cement conservative control of the high court, Democrats hope to turn the tables on the GOP.
Okay...Luck on that one.
:lmao:
Schumer also said the Senate should reject any Supreme Court pick who would vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 decision that affirmed a woman’s right to have an abortion.
Trump: I will appoint pro-life, conservative, 2nd Amendment judges
:doglaugh:

We now return to ed's laughing rant in progress....
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:47 pm

If Republican overturn Roe v. Wade in any way they might as well all retire.

ed

Post by ed » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:55 pm

I am laughing mainly because this stuff will foster a new d virulent outbreak of TDS, maybe more than ithe initial outbreak.

Somewhere a snowflake is melting.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:00 pm

ed wrote:I am laughing mainly because this stuff will foster a new d virulent outbreak of TDS, maybe more than ithe initial outbreak.

Somewhere a snowflake is melting.
Is this you?

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:05 pm

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

ed

Post by ed » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:09 pm

What Doc said.

God help me

ed

Post by ed » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Lots of pathetic self aggrandizement at the DU. This particular turd caught my eye
Elections have consequences. American democracy is effectively dead. We're now a semi-theocratic right-wing oligarchy with a figurehead idiot fascist "in charge."

shuize

Post by shuize » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:42 pm

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Hey, Harry. How's that whole "nuclear option" looking these days?

ed

Post by ed » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:52 pm

If ginsberg snuffs it 30% of the ele torate will drop dead

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:37 am

Time to start speculating / fantasizing about Kennedy's replacement.

How about Doctor Condoleezza Rice? :)

I wrote a short poem in Italian about her
  • Condoleezza Rice
    la nostra conduttrice.
:coolspecs:

ed

Post by ed » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:13 am

Glad you helped me out by explaining that it's short. Woulda missed it otherwise

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:17 am

ed wrote:Glad you helped me out by explaining that it's short. Woulda missed it otherwise
Così facile trollare. :P

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:41 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Some Freeper comments:
Prophetic. More to come. I believe God is on a mission to MAGA.
I believe you are correct, Trump is Gods choice.

ed

Post by ed » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:45 am

STR = 200000
HP = 100000
Mana = 500000