Justice Kennedy Announces Retirement

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
WildCat

Re: Justice Kennedy Announces Retirement

Post by WildCat » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:35 pm

-BREAKING NEWS!-

Feinstein has uncovered evidence that in 1st grade Kavenaugh "played doctor" with a female classmate!

Hey, it could happen!
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:36 pm

He had a bad bedside manner.

#METOO!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Giz

Post by Giz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:06 pm

WildCat wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:35 pm
-BREAKING NEWS!-

Feinstein has uncovered evidence that in 1st grade Kavenaugh "played doctor" with a female classmate!

Hey, it could happen!
Without a medical license! #nounqualifiednominees

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Brett Kavanaugh Accused Of Attempting To Sexually Assault A Woman In High School
A woman is accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of attempting to sexually assault by locking her in a room and forcing himself on her at a party while they were both in high school.

Kavanaugh, in a statement to The New Yorker, which broke the details of the encounter, denied the claim.
“I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation,” he said. “I did not do this back in high school or at any time.”

The woman, whose identity is still not public, sent Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) a letter in the summer, after Kavanaugh was nominated, sharing her concerns about him.
From The New Yorker:
The allegation dates back to the early nineteen-eighties, when Kavanaugh was a high-school student at Georgetown Preparatory School, in Bethesda, Maryland, and the woman attended a nearby high school. In the letter, the woman alleged that, during an encounter at a party, Kavanaugh held her down, and that he attempted to force himself on her. She claimed in the letter that Kavanaugh and a classmate of his, both of whom had been drinking, turned up music that was playing in the room to conceal the sound of her protests, and that Kavanaugh covered her mouth with his hand. She was able to free herself. Although the alleged incident took place decades ago and the three individuals involved were minors, the woman said that the memory had been a source of ongoing distress for her, and that she had sought psychological treatment as a result.
The classmate who was reportedly with Kavanaugh said he has “no recollection” of the incident.
There is no indication the woman reported the incident to law enforcement at the time,
but she said she has received medical treatment regarding the alleged assault.

Rumors of this letter and sexual misconduct allegations have been swirling for weeks on Capitol Hill, with reporters and other Democratic senators pressing Feinstein, the ranking member of the Judiciary Committee, to share the information.
So why did this not come up during the hearings, considering they have had this letter for weeks?
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:23 pm

They can only make so many nothing-burgers per week

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Here is another, from AP this time.
Kavanaugh denies allegation of sexual misconduct in school
WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on Friday denied a sexual misconduct allegation from when he was in high school.
The New Yorker reported the alleged incident took place at a party when Kavanaugh, now 53, was attending Georgetown Preparatory School. The woman making the allegation attended a nearby school.

The magazine says the woman sent a letter about the allegation to Democrats. A Democratic aide and another person familiar with the letter confirmed Friday to The Associated Press that the allegation is sexual in nature. Two other people familiar with the matter confirmed to the AP that the alleged incident happened in high school. They were not authorized to speak publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

The AP has not confirmed the details of the alleged incident in The New Yorker's account.

Rallying to Kavanaugh's defense, 65 women who knew him in high school issued a letter, released by Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee, saying he has "always treated women with decency and respect."

"We are women who have known Brett Kavanaugh for more than 35 years and knew him while he attended high school between 1979 and 1983," wrote the women, who said most of them had attended all-girl high schools in the area. "For the entire time we have known Brett Kavanaugh, he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect."
Interesting....I wonder if they know who this mystery person is....or was... or what fictional character she may be based on...

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:54 pm

I am about to release a letter. Yes, a letter about the disgusting behavior directed at me by Nancy Pelsoi. It was 50 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday.

Prove me wrong.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:59 am

Senator Invokes Me Too Movement In Call To Delay Kavanaugh Vote

Can't wait until Dick gets hit with a #metoo pound-me-too allegation... Karma is a bitch!
Anyway...
A Democratic senator and a Washington Post editor called Saturday for a delay in the confirmation vote for President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh after a woman accused Kavanaugh of an attempted sexual assault in high school.

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) invoked the Me Too movement to demand a thorough investigation, and the Post piece called for “the fullest possible airing” of the accusation.

The Senate Judiciary Committee is scheduled to vote on Kavanaugh Sept. 20. Committee chair Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said Friday that the vote would proceed as scheduled.
:Popcorn:

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:31 pm

Finally: 'What in Blazes Was Dianne Feinstein Thinking?': Senator Under Fire for Concealing Accusations Against Kavanaugh
Sen. Dianne Feinstein is under fire on Friday for keeping from fellow lawmakers a letter from a female constituent who alleged that controversial Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh attempted to sexually assault her while the two were high school students.

'What in blazes was Dianne Feinstein thinking?" Michael Tomasky, political correspondent for The Daily Beast, demanded to know in a column on Friday. "It was late July when she got that letter from a female constituent alleging that Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when they were in high school. And only this week did she bother to share it with her Democratic Judiciary Committee colleagues?"
As for protecting the woman's identity, Tomasky argues that Feinstein could have simply redacted her name.

In fact, he argues, Feinstein "made an absolute disaster of things." That's because, he argues, "she has helped facilitate the discrediting of the woman who is accusing Kavanaugh here, because it looks desperate and eleventh-hour, whereas if she'd made this public before, people would have had time to process it and Republicans couldn't have made that accusation."
Makes me wonder if the loony left will vote her out... but then again, what would she be replaced with?

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:51 pm

And we have a winner!
Kavanaugh's Accuser Comes Forward, Speaks Out: ‘I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me’
Christine Blasey Ford, a 51-year-old professor at Palo Alto University in California, has identified herself as the woman who wrote a confidential letter that detailed allegations of sexual assault against the Supreme Court nominee.

Ford is speaking publicly about her allegations against Kavanaugh for the first time, according to a Washington Post investigation published Sunday afternoon.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:06 pm

What a clusterfuck.

Impossible to prove, impossible to disprove. Lie detector tests are meaningless.

I'm going to say that the statute of limitations is long past for this one.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:19 pm

It's not about nailing him legally, it's about showing the senate he has a bad character ill befitting etc.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

shuize

Post by shuize » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:35 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:06 pm
What a clusterfuck.

Impossible to prove, impossible to disprove. Lie detector tests are meaningless.

I'm going to say that the statute of limitations is long past for this one.
Agreed.

Did she ever file a police report? Can anyone find this other friend that supposedly saw this?

Of course, as noted above, it's not about proving anything. It's about ruining his reputation.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:37 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:19 pm
It's not about nailing him legally, it's about showing the senate he has a bad character ill befitting etc.
I realize that. I meant "statute of limitations" in the metaphorical sense.

Even if it's true (not suggesting that it is or isn't), he was a teenager at a drunken party. Now he's a respectable 50-something father of daughters.

If he were a liberal judge nominated by Obama, would this woman have come forward with these accusations? I don't know, but somehow I doubt it.

:freedom:
William Shakespeare

shuize

Post by shuize » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:42 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:37 pm

If he were a liberal judge nominated by Obama, would this woman have come forward with these accusations? I don't know, but somehow I doubt it.
To ask the question ...

If he was an Obama judge, she wouldn't have needed to make up the story in the first place. Assuming something really did happen, she would have been expected to take one for the team. Had she come forward with the same allegations, the very same people would be lining up to crucify her.

What am I saying? The MSM would likely never even have covered the story.
Last edited by shuize on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:48 pm

That
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:53 pm

shuize wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:42 pm

Eric Schneiderman.

No, I don't think that being a liberal means the "MSM" won't cover allegations against you.
William Shakespeare

shuize

Post by shuize » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:02 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:53 pm
shuize wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:42 pm

Eric Schneiderman.

No, I don't think that being a liberal means the "MSM" won't cover allegations against you.

Fair enough. Four women reporting recent physical abuse. But I suspect in closer "he said/she said" cases, the liberal politicians tend to get the benefit of the doubt.

Or do you really think the media would be giving an alleged 30 year old drunken high school encounter the same attention if it were an Obama apointee?

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:12 am

Trivia: apparently she co-authored on acupuncture:

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:20 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:06 pm
Lie detector tests are meaningless.
I thought they had been debunked decades ago?

In France it's not lie detectors (I seem to vaguely remember they are illegal there), but courts love graphology. Not to be confused with graphometry, which is at least somehow objective and doesn't pretend to reveal character traits of the writer.