Justice Kennedy Announces Retirement

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
WildCat

Re: Justice Kennedy Announces Retirement

Post by WildCat » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:35 pm

Good to see Feinstein getting called out. Maybe her Chinese spy leaked it.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:36 pm

Now Kamala is showing her ass.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:39 pm

Now, now, no need to comment on her make-up.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:50 pm

I think this is exactly the kind of shit-show you are likely to get when a simple filibuster to hold up a nomination because you can, is no longer possible.

You could, before, fight over a nominee, and risk being considered "obstructionist" without having to put on a charade.

Note, I am not even drawing a conclusion on whether the woman's allegations are falsified or sincere. She could be completely telling the truth and trying to get justice, but I still feel like she is being exploited by the Democrats for this purpose. I don't think any of the senators honestly gives a shit about her except her ability to halt the process, or how they can discredit her to get it moving again.

People were once tossing around theories about how they came up with her. I've got one simple one--they sent out a net for anyone that had a grievance that might have legs. Requires no fabrication or payoff... but it's still a shit show.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:02 pm

gnome wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:50 pm
I don't think any of the senators honestly gives a shit about her except her ability to halt the process, or how they can discredit her to get it moving again.
As revealed by their constant attempt to get him to endorse yet another "investigation." Reminds me of homeopathists, UFO fans, Browns fans, Qi fans, and other Woo fans who claim that, despite all of the mountains of failure and negative evidence, "we just need to investigate this!"

The filibuster is and was a anti-democratic tactic once it stopped being what it strictly is: forcing the senator to keep speaking to hold the floor. It created the tyranny of the minority. The was rather established by the behavior of Tom Smothers Harry Reed.

--J.D.
Last edited by Doctor X on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:04 pm

The do realize the GOP is accuse their nominees of being pedos to pander to their own fringe when the turnabout comes?

I don't think they've thought about the long game on this.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:06 pm

No one has been thinking of long game

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:08 pm

Doctor X wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:02 pm
gnome wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:50 pm
I don't think any of the senators honestly gives a shit about her except her ability to halt the process, or how they can discredit her to get it moving again.
As revealed by their constant attempt to get him to endorse yet another "investigation." Reminds me of homeopathists, UFO fans, Browns fans, Qi fans, and other Woo fans who claim that, despite all of the mountains of failure and negative evidence, "we just need to investigate this!"

The filibuster is and was a anti-democratic once it stopped being what it strictly is: forcing the senator to keep speaking to hold the floor. It created the tyranny of the minority. The was rather established by the behavior of Tom Smothers Harry Reed.

--J.D.
Yes--I agree on that. I think that the minority needs a way to buck the majority sometimes--but it should come at a cost, some sacrifice or major effort or cost of political capital if nothing else, so that they must pick their battles instead of just announcing a filibuster and going to lunch.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:18 pm

WildCat wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:36 pm
Now Kamala is showing her ass.
What did I miss?

I thought she was all all along?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:24 pm

She has shown that she is unfit to judge judicial nominees all along and basically deep sixed a future presidential run.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:30 pm

This?

shuize

Post by shuize » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:13 am

I went to bed before Kavanaugh spoke again, but since I tuned out every time the Democratic Senators started fawning on Ford, I didn't see all of her testimony either. From what I did see, I thought the female prosecutor did a decent job. And I thought Ford was weird.

Apparently Ford doesn't have a problem flying at all. Her lie about this suggests she was involved in the strategy to delay. Which suggests a political motive. She may have been coordinating with a reporter as well. But there's lots of things about that she doesn't remember even though it was only a few months ago.

Maybe this cuts both ways, but I found it strange she does not remember who drove her home after the alleged attack.

We still don't know where this supposedly happened, whose house it was, or why none of the people she says were there, including her friend, Keyser, support her version of events. If I understood her testimony correctly, there were only a couple people at the house, and yet Keyser still says she has never met Kavanaugh. I missed Ford's answer on this one, did she say her friend was mentally ill?

Maybe I'll watch YouTube later. For those of you who saw Kavanaugh's later testimony, how did he come across? Credible? I trust this site's evaluation better than I trust the MSM spin.
Last edited by shuize on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:15 am

Which suggests a political motive.
Ya think? :notsure:

:)

:lmao:

shuize

Post by shuize » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:38 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:15 am
Which suggests a political motive.
Ya think?
Yes, it seems completely obvious to me. But the spin from the left seems to be that she was just a poor “survivor” bravely coming forward to do her civic duty without the slightest political motivation whatsoever.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:05 am

shuize wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:13 am
Maybe this cuts both ways, but I found it strange she does not remember who drove her home after the alleged attack.
It fits with the fact that she has an implanted memory. I doubt anything happened to her for reasons that I have described. Actual victims do not "block" memory. That is a "Hollywood" belief like Hollywood amnesia. Compare the victims of Bill Cosby. They remember.

Because the memory is not real it is like a lie: the details are not certain since she has to basically make them up. The most charitable interpretation is that she had it implanted in a "recovered memory" crap session. In that case she was prompted to make up a story. Since the story is not based on fact the memory proves even more uncertain and malleable than actual memory. As such, it cannot sustain scrutiny, and I suspect she and her lawyer know this.
For those of you who saw Kavanaugh's later testimony, how did he come across? Credible? I trust this site's evaluation better than I trust the MSM spin.
Very credible. Oddly enough the only "hit" on him came from The Prosecutor Woman who asked him what he thought "too much" drink was "too much." He could not answer that which someone could interpret as he does not understand drinking. Not a major point. He basically wiped the walls with the Democrats who, after her testimony, could only try to get a delay for the "FBI Investigation." None of them could tell him that they believed her accusation against him.

They knew that, and he knew that. So he could directly attack Feinstein for what she did. Whenever any Dem complained about "incomplete" investigation and all that, he simply reminded them that they had a number of interviews with him when they could have raised the issues. They also had the current interview. Why did they not ask then? He made one look like an idiot for trying to pick on a diary entry only to find out that the slang means "farting." So Kavanaugh could sit back and ask the senator if he really wanted to discuss "flatulence" in high school students.

The one who "won the day," as you will soon see heralded on Faux and condemned on MSNBCNN was Lesley Graham who directly attacked the aptly-named Dick Durbin then the rest. Rather epic. Too bad Lesley is a Big Daddy Devoted Roe-Foe.

--J.D.

shuize

Post by shuize » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:09 am

Doctor X wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:05 am
It fits with the fact that she has an implanted memory. I doubt anything happened to her for reasons that I have described. Actual victims do not "block" memory. That is a "Hollywood" belief like Hollywood amnesia. Compare the victims of Bill Cosby. They remember.

Because the memory is not real it is like a lie: the details are not certain since she has to basically make them up. The most charitable interpretation is that she had it implanted in a "recovered memory" crap session. In that case she was prompted to make up a story. Since the story is not based on fact the memory proves even more uncertain and malleable than actual memory. As such, it cannot sustain scrutiny, and I suspect she and her lawyer know this.
Yes, the false memory explanation would fit. But it's still generous given her obviously politically motivated "fear of flying" lie. I'm wondering if that was a sworn statement?

Corker says he'll vote to confirm. Anyone know the vote breakdown now?

I watched a YouTube clip of Graham. That was great.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:11 am

Doctor X wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:05 am
And there's a very good reason why traumatic memories do not get suppressed and forgotten - evolution. For any animal to survive they have to remember traumatic events - which animals want to eat them for example. If traumatic events were forgotten you'd see zebra walking into a pride of lions. Any species where traumatic memories were suppressed as a "coping mechanism" would go extinct.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:39 am

Have the game on so have to channel flip on the break-down.

Seems the committee vote will happen tomorrow which suggests they have Flake to allow it to come out of committee.

Regarding memory, there are a number of layers. Ultimately, memory is not perfect; however, there is a huge chasm between not knowing the arrangement of books on a desk, say, and completely erasing a traumatic event. The trauma has a way of engaging the number of layers to make a long and complicated neurophysiological story short.

--J.D.

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:01 am

They had to let her speak to keep from being accused of not listening to victims.

Kavanaugh is his predecessor's chosen replacement. The fix was was always in for him.

Except now his family will always need armed guards because of the Democrats.

They took defamation and turned it into a crime of intimidation. Dont accept a nomination or we will do this to you too.

shuize

Post by shuize » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:05 am

Something else I was thinking about. Did anyone ever ask Ford if she stopped going to alcohol fueled parties after this supposedly happened? Reports about her yearbook suggest that she did not. Being so traumatized that she needed to put a second front door on her house 30 years later due to this alleged event is bad enough. I sure hope it didn’t mean she had to miss any more high school parties!
Last edited by shuize on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.