Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
User avatar
Giz
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: UK
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by Giz » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:36 pm

He is a defender of the Ancien Régime!

(Despite his attempt at regicide)

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 9880
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by Skeeve » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:45 pm

corplinx wrote:Image

Bernie Sanders failed the purity test, oh my.
...
“Come on man!” wrote Splinter news editor Jack Mirkinson. “Let’s hope that the next person who gets the chance asks him why he is still taking such a weak and morally timid position on ICE.” Jeremy Scahill, co-founder of The Intercept, wrote that “Sanders is choosing to be on the wrong side of history on this issue.”
Wow...they truly do wish to eat their own....
...
Created in 2003 by President George W. Bush, ICE has become increasingly unpopular among Democrats as evidence of its abuses continues to grow.
This begs the question: What did we have before ICE?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Immi ... nforcement
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is a law enforcement agency of the Federal government of the United States under the jurisdiction of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Department of Bone-headed Security, figures.
...
The agencies that were either moved entirely or merged in part into ICE included the investigative and intelligence resources of the United States Customs Service, the criminal investigative, detention and deportation resources of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and the Federal Protective Service. The Federal Protective Service was later transferred from ICE to the National Protection and Programs Directorate effective October 28, 2009.
So is that what the Dems want to go back to then?
Then Skank Of America could start in...

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66413
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3186 times
Been thanked: 2016 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Giz wrote:He is a defender of the Ancien Régime!

(Despite his attempt at regicide)
Image

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Giz
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: UK
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by Giz » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:13 pm

Apres moi, les [migrant] deluge.

User avatar
RCC: Act II
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by RCC: Act II » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:48 pm

Lack of border enforcement would be terrible.

All those people coming over the border to work and escape violence would get through.

Of course, some of the people coming in might commit crimes or do bad things. Unlike the people already here, who never do. So that's bad. What we need to keep that from happening is a paramilitary organization that has authority to do whatever it wants within 100 miles of the border with almost no oversight into excesses or wrongdoing.

Because if we didn't have exactly that the border would be totally open.

User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 32847
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Been thanked: 1569 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by Grammatron » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:30 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:Lack of border enforcement would be terrible.

All those people coming over the border to work and escape violence would get through.
I keep seeing this claim that people are trying to escape the violence. If that was true they would not need to go to USA, they could go to many other Latin American countries.
Of course, some of the people coming in might commit crimes or do bad things. Unlike the people already here, who never do. So that's bad.
Or people coming in are not familiar with all the intricacies of Federal/State/Local laws, experience language and cultural bariers, and operate with "old world" philosophies from their previous countries where bribery was the only way to get anything done. That's precisely why there needs to be a predictable flow of legal immigration so you can have support and integration services, systems, and communities to help the incoming immigrants.
What we need to keep that from happening is a paramilitary organization that has authority to do whatever it wants within 100 miles of the border with almost no oversight into excesses or wrongdoing.

Because if we didn't have exactly that the border would be totally open.
Do you want regulated immigration or black market immigration?
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

User avatar
sparks
Posts: 13447
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!
Has thanked: 1658 times
Been thanked: 530 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by sparks » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:31 pm

We've got both now, so....
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19853
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 641 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by corplinx » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:33 pm

RCC likes having an open border for human trafficking.

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19853
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 641 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by corplinx » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:40 pm

Is this a good as thread to any to point out that Democrats are trying to burn the bridges from the #walkaway crowd by going full commie?

Tweets today about winning back people including a call for an end to deplatforming:
Image

Preditable result, radical democrat extremists try to mount pressure to fire him:
Image

User avatar
ed
Posts: 32412
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp
Has thanked: 418 times
Been thanked: 696 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by ed » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:14 pm

amazing responses. He points out that all of the vitriol came from the left.
- new minimalist ethos -

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19853
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 641 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by corplinx » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:34 pm

Image

Just piss right in the faces of the non-extremists.

This is worse than when the Religious Reich was running the GOP.

User avatar
ed
Posts: 32412
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp
Has thanked: 418 times
Been thanked: 696 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by ed » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:39 pm

Who makes up these rules?
- new minimalist ethos -

shuize
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:32 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by shuize » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Double.
Last edited by shuize on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shuize
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:32 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by shuize » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:04 pm

I don’t have my finger on the pulse of American politics to know how well this will play with the “average” American voter, but my guess is the Republicans are praying Democrats run with this sharp knife.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66413
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3186 times
Been thanked: 2016 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:17 pm

corplinx wrote:This is worse than when the Religious Reich was running the GOP.
"Was?"

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 13442
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 271 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by WildCat » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:02 pm

DNC chair: Ocasio-Cortez represents the 'future of our party'
Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman Tom Perez said Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez represents the “future of our party” on Tuesday.

"I have three kids. Two of them are daughters — one just graduated college, one who is in college. And they were both texting me about their excitement over Alexandria because she really — she represents the future of our party," Perez said on "The Bill Press Show."

Ocasio-Cortez, a 28-year-old self-proclaimed democratic socialist and organizer with Sen. Bernie Sanders's (I-Vt.) presidential campaign, rose to fame after defeating incumbent Rep. Joseph Crowley (D) in a stunning primary upset last week.
Wow, this is developing rapidly! The mainstream of Democratic Party is now openly embracing Socialism, not just the lunatic frings.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

User avatar
Giz
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: UK
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by Giz » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:23 pm

WildCat wrote:DNC chair: Ocasio-Cortez represents the 'future of our party'
Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman Tom Perez said Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez represents the “future of our party” on Tuesday.

"I have three kids. Two of them are daughters — one just graduated college, one who is in college. And they were both texting me about their excitement over Alexandria because she really — she represents the future of our party," Perez said on "The Bill Press Show."

Ocasio-Cortez, a 28-year-old self-proclaimed democratic socialist and organizer with Sen. Bernie Sanders's (I-Vt.) presidential campaign, rose to fame after defeating incumbent Rep. Joseph Crowley (D) in a stunning primary upset last week.
Wow, this is developing rapidly! The mainstream of Democratic Party is now openly embracing Socialism, not just the lunatic frings.
It may not hurt them that much. All the media that their supporters watch, which once might have been critical of full on socialism, are now on the “anything but trump” train and won’t be critical.

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 13442
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 271 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by WildCat » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:28 am

Giz wrote:
WildCat wrote:DNC chair: Ocasio-Cortez represents the 'future of our party'
Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman Tom Perez said Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez represents the “future of our party” on Tuesday.

"I have three kids. Two of them are daughters — one just graduated college, one who is in college. And they were both texting me about their excitement over Alexandria because she really — she represents the future of our party," Perez said on "The Bill Press Show."

Ocasio-Cortez, a 28-year-old self-proclaimed democratic socialist and organizer with Sen. Bernie Sanders's (I-Vt.) presidential campaign, rose to fame after defeating incumbent Rep. Joseph Crowley (D) in a stunning primary upset last week.
Wow, this is developing rapidly! The mainstream of Democratic Party is now openly embracing Socialism, not just the lunatic frings.
It may not hurt them that much. All the media that their supporters watch, which once might have been critical of full on socialism, are now on the “anything but trump” train and won’t be critical.
I think this is the stuff that will make independents break for the GOP in November.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

User avatar
Giz
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: UK
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by Giz » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:42 am

WildCat wrote:
Giz wrote:
WildCat wrote:DNC chair: Ocasio-Cortez represents the 'future of our party'
Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman Tom Perez said Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez represents the “future of our party” on Tuesday.

"I have three kids. Two of them are daughters — one just graduated college, one who is in college. And they were both texting me about their excitement over Alexandria because she really — she represents the future of our party," Perez said on "The Bill Press Show."

Ocasio-Cortez, a 28-year-old self-proclaimed democratic socialist and organizer with Sen. Bernie Sanders's (I-Vt.) presidential campaign, rose to fame after defeating incumbent Rep. Joseph Crowley (D) in a stunning primary upset last week.
Wow, this is developing rapidly! The mainstream of Democratic Party is now openly embracing Socialism, not just the lunatic frings.
It may not hurt them that much. All the media that their supporters watch, which once might have been critical of full on socialism, are now on the “anything but trump” train and won’t be critical.
I think this is the stuff that will make independents break for the GOP in November.
Fingers crossed.

There was a time, last election, when I thought voting Hillary might be the saner option. ..

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19853
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 641 times

Re: Every Prospective Democrat Candidate For 2020 Now Calls For ICE To Be Abolished

Post by corplinx » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:05 am

Bunch of neo-confederate hicks. Down with the gubmint! Abolish federal agencies!

Fucking hicks, amirite?