Ron Paul's Tweet

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
corplinx
Title: Moderator

Re: Ron Paul's Tweet

Post by corplinx » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:30 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:Nobody (except for you) is claiming that this affects anything except our opinion of Ron Paul
It's a fun circle jerk so somebody has to spoil it.

For all of Ron Paul's racist newsletters from back in the day, he did a terrible job legislating those views. I've never heard anyone explain away those newsletters with anything better than the Iran Contra defense, but they didn't seem to reflect a governance style that was in any way racist.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:40 pm

Well la dee da. Lets throw him a fucking parade for knowing that he would have a hard time passing anything all by his lonesome.

He is still either a racist or an idiot or both and is getting rightfully mocked for it.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:42 pm

corplinx wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Nobody (except for you) is claiming that this affects anything except our opinion of Ron Paul
It's a fun circle jerk so somebody has to spoil it.

For all of Ron Paul's racist newsletters from back in the day, he did a terrible job legislating those views. I've never heard anyone explain away those newsletters with anything better than the Iran Contra defense, but they didn't seem to reflect a governance style that was in any way racist.
Respectfully, I think I have trouble understanding your point. Why defend Ron Paul at all?

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:59 pm

I'm not. He didn't make the tweet. He had it deleted and apologized for it. There is no excuse for his newsletters.

You are projecting defense when all I point out is that Ron Paul's supposed racism has always remained a phantom menace never seeing practical application.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:15 pm

corplinx wrote:For all of Ron Paul's racist newsletters from back in the day, he did a terrible job legislating those views.
As if that is relevant, one insane congressman unable to Change the Country.

Here, grab hold of this anchor. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:17 pm

corplinx wrote:I'm not. He didn't make the tweet. He had it deleted and apologized for it. There is no excuse for his newsletters.

You are projecting defense when all I point out is that Ron Paul's supposed racism has always remained a phantom menace never seeing practical application.
It's a shortcoming of the medium (Internet text based exchanges) IMO; a snippet of text and your post history is all the context I have to go on, and if I guess wrong the misunderstanding is compounded through further exchanges.

I don't know for certain if Ron Paul is a racist. But the repeated bigotry of the people on his staff and the open willingness to be bigoted in public lean my opinion into the negative.

In addition, you have all the absurd and backwards political positions he has expressed over his career.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political ... f_Ron_Paul

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:34 pm

Yeah, he's shit crazy.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:49 am

Our company has a Twitter account. We also manage one on behalf of a client. Every Tweet is reviewed by at least half a dozen people before it is sent to the clients for their reviews, and then it is reviewed again before anyone hits the "Tweet" button.

Politicians? BWAHAHAHA what is this "review" you speak of?
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:21 am

The Batshit Old Racists do not review, Pyrrho, they just assume that "rational people" agree with them.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:16 am

Well if we would all just get our minds right...
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Boss Kean
Title: Boss

Post by Boss Kean » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:40 am

Pyrrho wrote:Well if we would all just get our minds right...
I never had to shoot a white man.
What's your dirt doin' in my ditch?

RCC: Act II

Post by RCC: Act II » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Grammatron wrote:
corplinx wrote:of course. Does anyone have a list of racist legislation he got through that needs to be repealed?

Newsletters from decades ago, this tweet today from his staff; let's get right to the meat and undo his racism!
Him being incompetent at legislating his racism is a poor defense.
I imagine Ron Paul will ferret out the racists on his staff with the same diligence that OJ used to track down the real killers.

There are threads here about Ron Paul with links to where he has stood behind the contents of those newsletters, that in 2008 he supported Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin for president, gave a glowing forward to Michael Bednarik's batshit crazy sovereign citizen book, and so on.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:51 pm

ed wrote:

Our fave jewish guy :lol: :lol:
I got a feeling that one is 'shopped and that the Ben Garrison original has a different set of faces.

viz. Not from "Wyatt Mann" cartoons.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:Came across the original, in case anyone gives a poop. Only subtly, rather than blatantly, racist

Indeed.

Also, notably, not attributed to Ben Garrison.

Background:

There are two "out there" political cartoonists.

1) The pseudonymous "Wyatt Mann" (get it? <groan>) who was associated with real neo-Nazis such as Tom Metzger. He is long gone. His most famous work is that "Jew" image. His work includes a heavy emphasis on holocaust denial as well as more "traditional American" racist and anti-gay stuff.

2) Ben Garrison (yes his real name and still around). Used to be a libertarian (or maybe a Libertarian), but with an unusually strong streak of belief in the Illuminati being behind the Federal Reserve system and the like. He used to be against Democrat and Republican alike (the Uni-Party), but now he shills for Trump. He has never done any work that was overtly anti-Jewish or racist, though one may speak of "tendencies".

Meanwhile, there is a 4chan thing of 'shopping a fusion between the two and attributing it to Garrison.

That is what happened here, except this time Garrison didn't do any of the art at all and they just slapped his signature on it.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:30 pm

For "Out There" political cartoons, you also can't forget David Dees. Though his work is more of the "I have never met a Conspiracy Theory I didn't think was true" variety than racist. If you spend any time at all around conspiracy theorists or even just mocking them, you will come across his "art"

An archetypical example.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:41 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:For "Out There" political cartoons, you also can't forget David Dees. Though his work is more of the "I have never met a Conspiracy Theory I didn't think was true" variety than racist. If you spend any time at all around conspiracy theorists or even just mocking them, you will come across his "art"

An archetypical example.

Ben Garrison's stuff is stylistically like a political cartoon in a newspaper (back when there were such things).

That one is pure dada. :lmao:

RCC: Act II

Post by RCC: Act II » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
2) Ben Garrison (yes his real name and still around). Used to be a libertarian (or maybe a Libertarian), but with an unusually strong streak of belief in the Illuminati being behind the Federal Reserve system and the like. He used to be against Democrat and Republican alike (the Uni-Party), but now he shills for Trump. He has never done any work that was overtly anti-Jewish or racist, though one may speak of "tendencies".
The easiest way to tell this isn't Garrison is that it lacks labels for every little bit of possible symbolism. He'd have individually labeled the four faces as different leftist subsets, the shoes coming off of uncle sam as some specific consequence, etc.

Garrison isn't a big fan of letting symbolism speak for itself. It's unintentional comedy gold.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:57 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
That one is pure dada. :lmao:
Dada or Mama, he has put of ton of similar shit out there and the woos eat it up. I USUALLY see it with anti-vaxxers, because that seems to be a favorite subject of his. I see this one at least once a week, it seems

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:42 pm

Never knew vaccination was a Jewish plot before. 8)

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:49 pm

It's David Dees. EVERYTHING is a Jewish Plot.

I am not even exaggerating for comedic effect. The man apparently had a blog at one time (still might, dunno). One day he lost a shoe and found it in a place he didn't remember putting it.

He wrote a blog post about it. Apparently, he decided that it was a Mossad plot to "send him a message". They also keep moving around his bike.

And as much as that may sound like something one would have a conspiracy theorist in a comedy movie do, there is no indication that he is anything but serious about it