At joint press conference with Trump, Putin accuses Hillary of Russian collusion.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

At joint press conference with Trump, Putin accuses Hillary of Russian collusion.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Believe it or not that really is an accurate description of this story.

Abdul's Over-The-Top-ness Principle strikes again! :o

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Grammatron

Re: At joint press conference with Trump, Putin accuses Hillary of Russian collusion.

Post by Grammatron » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:13 pm

I don't know if this Putin guy can be trusted though.

Anaxagoras

Re: At joint press conference with Trump, Putin accuses Hillary of Russian collusion.

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:17 am

The Washington Post Editorial:

Trump just colluded with Russia. Openly.
by Editorial Board July 16 at 2:59 PM

THE ENDURING image of the U.S.-Russia summit in Helsinki on Monday will be that of President Trump standing next to Vladi­mir Putin and suggesting he found Mr. Putin’s “powerful” denial at least as persuasive as the U.S. intelligence community’s unanimous finding that Russia intervened in the 2016 election. Coupled with another groundless attack on the FBI and an apparent endorsement of a patently disingenuous offer by Mr. Putin to collaborate with the investigation of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, Mr. Trump appeared to align himself with the Kremlin against American law enforcement before the Russian ruler and a global audience.

Mr. Trump had said he would raise the issue of Russia’s interference in the election with Mr. Putin, but the result was a series of statements that could have been scripted by Moscow. Mr. Trump said that, while Daniel Coats, the United States’ director of national intelligence, had told him Russia was responsible for hacking into the server of the Democratic National Committee, “I don’t see any reason why it would be.” He referred to various discredited conspiracy theories about the hack while lambasting the FBI. When offered an open-ended opportunity to cite any behavior by Russia that had contributed to poor relations, the president sidestepped, saying, “I hold both countries responsible.” As Mr. Trump apparently sees it, Russia’s invasions of Ukraine and Georgia, war crimes in Syria, poison attack in Britain and the shooting down of a Malaysian civilian airliner over Ukraine are morally equivalent to the policies pursued by previous U.S. administrations.

It’s not yet known what Mr. Trump and Mr. Putin discussed in their private meeting, or whether they reached any tangible agreements. Both leaders suggested there had been accord on securing Israel’s border with Syria and on providing humanitarian aid to Syrian refugees, though they offered no details. Even if he obtained nothing concrete from Mr. Trump, Mr. Putin scored a symbolic triumph by appearing to stand as an equal with the U.S. president in a relationship with “special responsibility for maintaining international security,” as he put it.

While Mr. Trump’s insistence on granting Mr. Putin that status was misguided, it paled beside his betrayal of the FBI and his own senior intelligence officials. [ :freedom: ] Incredibly, Mr. Trump appeared to endorse a cynical suggestion by Mr. Putin that Mr. Mueller’s investigators be granted interviews with a dozen Russian intelligence officers indicted in the DNC hack in exchange for Russian access to associates of William Browder, a financier whose exposure of high-level corruption and human rights crimes in Moscow led to the adoption by Congress of the Magnitsky Act, which imposed sanctions on those responsible. Mr. Putin’s citation of bogus Russian charges against Mr. Browder was matched by Mr. Trump’s garbled reference to “the Pakistani gentleman” who was falsely alleged by right-wing conspiracy theorists to be behind the leak of DNC emails.

In Helsinki, Mr. Trump again insisted “there was no collusion” with Russia. Yet in refusing to acknowledge the plain facts about Russia’s behavior, while trashing his own country’s justice system, Mr. Trump in fact was openly colluding with the criminal leader of a hostile power.
Well, no surprise that the public face of Birtherism and fan of Alex Jones would "spout discredited conspiracy theories."
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:01 am

As Mr. Trump apparently sees it, Russia’s invasions of Ukraine and Georgia, war crimes in Syria, poison attack in Britain and the shooting down of a Malaysian civilian airliner over Ukraine are morally equivalent to the policies pursued by previous U.S. administrations.
Lost me right there, since he did not actually make such a claim.

Putin did try to do such in a later interview.

Apparently, this Hand Wringer did not bother to watch either.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL Champions!!!

Giz

Post by Giz » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:12 pm

Grammatron wrote:I don't know if this Putin guy can be trusted though.
Also, I heard he has links to Russia!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Doctor X wrote:
As Mr. Trump apparently sees it, Russia’s invasions of Ukraine and Georgia, war crimes in Syria, poison attack in Britain and the shooting down of a Malaysian civilian airliner over Ukraine are morally equivalent to the policies pursued by previous U.S. administrations.
Lost me right there, since he did not actually make such a claim.

Putin did try to do such in a later interview.

Apparently, this Hand Wringer did not bother to watch either.

--J.D.
Fair enough. Perhaps they are stretching what he said. But "I hold both countries responsible" does sound rather like we share the blame equally.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:46 pm

I'm bathing in the medias salty hysterical tears today.

Diplomacy is now illegal.

Maybe if Trump had physically bowed it would be okay though.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Well, it is not as if he promised Putin that he could be more accommodating with him after he wins the next election or anything obviously treasonous as that. . . .

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL Champions!!!

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:34 pm

"It's not as if we (USofA) haven't done the same thing and worse..." :freedom:

POTUS with the mostus has said this many times. Probably one of the rare times he has spoken the truth. It is instructive however, that he'd use such an argument to try to dismiss Putin's alleged interference in the election.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:18 pm

Trump was consistently against the invasion of Iraq. So he views it the same as a Russian invasion of anywhere. Right or wrong, that has been his consistent opinion.

Meanwhile, Trump just admitted he misspoke.

Press stunned.

He did not even raise examples of Her Turn misspeaking. Very sad.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:14 pm

Is different! Was Her Turn!

I will pray for you.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:37 pm

Doctor X wrote: Meanwhile, Trump just admitted he misspoke.
I think his retraction is pretty thin.

Hasn't his entire stance on Russian interference been quite dismissive? That doesn't turn on a single word.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:42 pm

Trump's stance has been no different than that of Obama when Obama was in office.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Oh, seriously, I think he understands the Russians try to interfere just to interfere as do we and everyone else. What he focuses on--partly his fault but majorly the fault of the Butt-Hurt--is the whole "Collusion Narrative" which suggests that he did not win.

He is like a MFY fan bitching about Big Papi or a Pats fan bitching about refs "changing the RULES!!11! DURING THE GAMES!!!": butt-hurt fanboy.

He is this because he is the one who suggested that MILLIONS of voters were from "t3h ill33gals" which means--carry the two--HE WON THE POPULAR VOTES!!1!!!1 BIGLEE!

It would have been better if, like all good winners, you just ignore the crybabies--okay, a jibe here and there 28-3 Run the Ball [Play Malcolm.--Ed.] SHUT UP! is fine--but his constant referral to Mueller et al. merely feeds into the "The Lady Doth Protest Too Much" Conspiracy Theory.

90% of his problems could be solved by shutting up to state the bloody obvious.

So he looks at the Democrats parading all of the "INDICTED BY MUELLER" pictures when everyone else reminds them, "indicted for what? Oh, nothing to do with 'collusion!' HA!" So he fears that if he admits the obvious, he is somehow supporting the existence of Collusion.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:09 pm

The Anti-Trump Hysteria Isn’t Helping
The Atlantic

A good piece about the press conference and the reaction to it.
President Donald Trump’s press conference with Russia’s Vladimir Putin was a debacle. The president went from an anodyne prepared statement to a question-and-answer session that ping-ponged between stunning and appalling (with a bit of emetic thrown in for good measure). Suffice it to say, it was a new low from a chief executive who is redefining the term.

But the reaction on Twitter from the foreign-policy establishment was almost as untethered as Trump himself.

However the piece makes naive assumptions about what various people are trying to accomplish.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:33 pm

gnome wrote:
Doctor X wrote: Meanwhile, Trump just admitted he misspoke.
I think his retraction is pretty thin.

Hasn't his entire stance on Russian interference been quite dismissive? That doesn't turn on a single word.

According to Mueller, alleged Russian interference changed 0 votes.

Trump is giving it the attention it needs it seems.

It's not like Putin has been involved with a two year soft coup or anything against the President after all.

Giz

Post by Giz » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:43 pm

But was the press conference as bad as the rest button?

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:22 am

corplinx wrote:
According to Mueller, alleged Russian interference changed 0 votes.

Trump is giving it the attention it needs it seems.
Believe it or not, I also think that any Russian interference probably did not change the outcome of the election.

But I would not tell an attempted burglar to come back when they manage to get their hands on something. They're gonna hear from me now.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:53 am

Perhaps not, but you've got to admit, the game is as funny as hell:

Rooskies: "We have some great shit on Billary!"

Dickwad Fuckface Jr. : "Great! I love it!!"
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.