De-Facto Blasphemy Laws in UK, Australia, and Sweden

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
WildCat

De-Facto Blasphemy Laws in UK, Australia, and Sweden

Post by WildCat » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:07 am

If it's one particular religion of course.

Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Giz

Re: De-Facto Blasphemy Laws in UK, Australia, and Sweden

Post by Giz » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:43 am

Indeed. Violence has been rewarded with appeasement in the West since the publication of the Satanic verses. It got so bad that after the Charlie Hebdo massacre, when they brought out the commemorative issue, three separate UK police forces went around news sellers gathering names of which customers had purchased it.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/ ... do-readers

It’s a sign of intense cowardice and feel-good preoccupation with past battles that sees Christian dystopias like “the handmaids tale” made and lauded when that is 100% not the direction that society is taking.

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:50 am

Depressing. :|

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:22 am

Giz

Post by Giz » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:39 am

Wait... that newspaper article said that Victoria police handed her a 67,000 dollar bill for providing security? People have to pay for the police to protect them when they exercise their right to free speech?

#speechless

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:58 am

You thought we just left because we prefer coffee over faggy tea, and of course actual dental care.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL Champions!!!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:06 am

Islam is the de facto official religion of the UK.

No one gets in trouble for mocking the C of E.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:39 am

https://www.rferl.org/a/game-of-thrones ... 92780.html
Russia has already convicted a blogger for mocking Christianity with Pokemon Go. Now a Russian student is facing potential prison time for a meme likening Jesus Christ to a character in the massively popular television show Game Of Thrones.

Daniil Markin, a 19-year-old film student in the Siberian city of Barnaul, is facing up to five years in prison after being charged with inciting hate speech over several images lampooning Christianity on his account with the Russian social-networking site VKontakte.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

shuize

Post by shuize » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:02 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:39 am
Russia has already convicted a blogger for mocking Christianity with Pokemon Go. Now a Russian student is facing potential prison time for a meme likening Jesus Christ to a character in the massively popular television show Game Of Thrones.

Daniil Markin, a 19-year-old film student in the Siberian city of Barnaul, is facing up to five years in prison after being charged with inciting hate speech over several images lampooning Christianity on his account with the Russian social-networking site VKontakte.
You know, those Russians just might be on to something.

I'd much prefer to mock all religions. But if the West is going to go all one-sided dhimmi on Islam, then someone needs to even things out.

Giz

Post by Giz » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:23 pm

shuize wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:02 pm
Pyrrho wrote:

You know, those Russians just might be on to something.

I'd much prefer to mock all religions. But if the West is going to go all one-sided dhimmi on Islam, then someone needs to even things out.
Unfortunately, I don’t think that Russia becoming religious assholes instead of atheistic assholes is going to make the world less assholish.

If British Christians were to behave like Muslims, it might make people think but fortunately/unfortunately I don’t think such a thing is possible anymore.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:30 pm

Except that the de facto official religion of Russia is also the de jure official religion.

Intolerant, but no double game to exterminate the natives.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:37 pm

Pyrrho wrote:

Russia doesn't claim to be a western democracy that supports classic liberal values.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Giz wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:23 pm
If British Christians were to behave like Muslims, it might make people think but fortunately/unfortunately I don’t think such a thing is possible anymore.
They did:

I think it worked out well for them. They got renewed.

What?

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL Champions!!!

Giz

Post by Giz » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:53 pm

But the spin-off “Stuarts” got axed.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:33 pm

:figamagee:

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:45 am

Giz

Post by Giz » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:52 am

This planet still has a long way to go.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:22 am

Giz wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:53 pm
But the spin-off “Stuarts” got axed.
True, got replaced by some weird fetishistic German that could not get proper subtitles until the third season, and even that utterly alienated America viewers. It spread into the Indian and Asian markets which is why it even survived this long.

And here is the funny thing: it dropped the German elements after branching into Russian markets--which were quickly killed off, funny enough--only to be nearly done in by a German series under its third "reconfiguration" or some such nonsense. It only got renewed because it finally gained American attention, but some critics complain that it was really because the Russian markets got so upset the Germans tried to force it down their throat after so easily getting the French to welcome them. The production went into huge overruns trying to sustain a presence in Russia, which basically bankrupted them. The German series' production company was eventually divided up between the Russian, American, and, yes, even a French company, but the now English production company got its piece as well.

It retains syndication in markets like Canada, Australia, and clung to a major stake in Hong Kong for nearly forever; however, most think it continues do to people just being "comfortable" with something that does not die: like fans of "Neighbors," "East-Enders," and Star Wars, though it will probably outlive them all.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Skeeve

New Zealand Is Hostile To Free Speech

Post by Skeeve » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:37 pm

UPDATE: 'You shall not pass': New Zealand venue cancels on alt-media personality Lauren Southern
Due to a raft of complaints, owner of Auckland’s Powerstation venue Gabrielle Mullins canceled the event, citing a disagreement with the speakers’ message. “As soon as we found out [what their message was], we weren’t comfortable at all because it goes against quite a lot of things that we say,” the owner told the NZ Herald. “They can say whatever they want but personally I don’t want it in my venue.”

Southern took to Twitter, lampooning yet another cancelation by quoting the Lord of the Rings, a film New Zealand is famous for. “One does not simply walk into a venue in New Zealand,” she wrote to her 387,000 followers.
There is also a mercifully short (considering Stephen Molyneux is in it) youtube video version.

After completing five events in Australia, Stefan Molyneux and Lauren Southern went to New Zealand for an August 3rd event in Auckland - but due to circumstances beyond their control, things went terribly awry and the event was canceled.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:45 pm

Okay, Equal Time time...
Jacinda Ardern: Stefan Molyneux and Lauren Southern's views are not welcome in NZ
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says New Zealand is hostile to the views of Lauren Southern and Stefan Molyneux, the far-right speakers who had an event cancelled last night.

Ardern, speaking on her arrival back to Wellington after six weeks of maternity leave, was responding to comments from Molyneux that New Zealand was "hostile to free speech".

"I think we're hostile to their views," Ardern said.
Ya think?
Remember folks, this is the Prime Minister of Middle Earth New Zealand saying this.
"They're here because there were no grounds to block them being here. But that does not mean we welcome their views."

I think you'll see from the reaction that they have had from New Zealanders that their views are not those that are shared by this country and I'm quite proud of that."
:shock:
Then Skank Of America could start in...