ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: NY Times hires a racist, proceeds to defend her

Post by ed » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:37 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:27 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:20 pm
I don't want "victim status" but I would appreciate it if a certain faction of the ruling class (who are themselves white you know) would stop trying to get us all killed.
Yeah, those race traitors are a bummer. How dare they resist being part of a system that sees harm done to non-whites as less significant to that done to whites and take a moral stand against self interest.

etc.
No. They simply think that their expertise and experience will better serve the dusky multitudes. Eventually they will be ready for self rule.

What did Huey Newton say about the positon of women in SNCC? Oh yeah, "on their back"
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:22 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:13 am
I did notice that Popehat has been tweeting about it:
I'm going to throw Popehat's test back at him.

RCC: Act II

Post by RCC: Act II » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:47 pm

xouper wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:12 pm

Biological race is not irrelevant. Nor is it based on pseudoscience. There are very clear DNA markers for biological race.
Ah. I see what I'm dealing with now.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:52 pm

:popcorn:
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Post by RCC: Act II » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:56 pm

ed wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:37 pm
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:27 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:20 pm
I don't want "victim status" but I would appreciate it if a certain faction of the ruling class (who are themselves white you know) would stop trying to get us all killed.
Yeah, those race traitors are a bummer. How dare they resist being part of a system that sees harm done to non-whites as less significant to that done to whites and take a moral stand against self interest.

etc.
No. They simply think that their expertise and experience will better serve the dusky multitudes. Eventually they will be ready for self rule.

What did Huey Newton say about the positon of women in SNCC? Oh yeah, "on their back"
Maybe it's time to get over Jean-Jacques Dessalines.

xouper

Post by xouper » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:34 pm

Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:47 pm
xouper wrote:
Biological race is not irrelevant. Nor is it based on pseudoscience. There are very clear DNA markers for biological race.
What is that supposed to mean? If you have an accusation to make, then make it instead of playing games.

If it needs saying, then for the record, I condemn all forms of racism. Including yours.

Also, you have accused others of not using the proper definition of racism, but despite requests to do so, you have not cited a definition and explained why you claim "white people" are using it incorrectly.

How can we have a conversation when you complain about semantics but refuse to define your terms?

xouper

Post by xouper » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Another viewpoint:
nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/08/ wrote:
When Racism Is Fit to Print
By Andrew Sullivan, August 3, 2018

Is the newest member of the New York Times editorial board, Sarah Jeong, a racist?

From one perspective — that commonly held by people outside the confines of the political left — she obviously is.

. . . But the alternative view — that of today’s political left — is that Jeong definitionally cannot be racist, because she’s both a woman and a racial minority. Racism against whites, in this neo-Marxist view, just “isn’t a thing” . . .

. . . In the religion of social constructionism, Jeong, by virtue of being an Asian woman, is one of the elect, incapable of the sin of racism or group prejudice. All she is doing is resisting whiteness and maleness, which indeed require resistance every second of the day.

. . . That’s why Jeong hasn’t apologized to the white people she denigrated or conceded that her tweets were racist. Nor has she taken responsibility for them. Her statement actually blames her ugly tweets on trolls whose online harassment of her prompted her to respond in turn. She was merely “counter-trolling.” She says her tweets, which were not responses to any individual, were also “not aimed at a general audience,” and now understands that these tweets were “hurtful” and won’t do them again. The New York Times also buys this argument: “her journalism and the fact that she is a young Asian woman have made her a subject of frequent online harassment. For a period of time, she responded to that harassment by imitating the rhetoric of her harassers.”

Let me explain why I think this is the purest of bullshit. . . .

. . . None of this excuses the behavior of the online hordes that are seeking her head. When media companies give in to those mobs, they are just feeding a voracious beast. It’s worth noting, however, that Jeong has a long record of cheering online mobs when they target people she dislikes.

. . . And I don’t think the New York Times should fire her . . .

. . . The editors of the Verge, where Jeong still works, described any assertion of racism in Jeong’s tweets as “dishonest and outrageous,” a function of bad faith and an attack on journalism itself. Scroll through left-Twitter and you find utter incredulity that demonizing white people could in any way be offensive. That’s the extent to which loathing of and contempt for “white people” is now background noise on the left. What many don’t seem to understand is that their view of racism isn’t shared by the public at large, and that the defense of it by institutions like the New York Times will only serve to deepen the kind of resentment that gave us Trump.
As always, YMMV™.

Disclaimer: I probably quoted more than necessary, but I did that for those who won't bother reading the original source to get the whole story.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise — and I am certainly willing to be persuaded by a good argument — I tend to agree with Sullivan's observations here.

Post by RCC: Act II » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:03 pm

xouper wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:34 pm
xouper wrote:
What is that supposed to mean?
That you aren't worth taking seriously.

xouper

Post by xouper » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:03 pm
xouper wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:34 pm
xouper wrote:
What is that supposed to mean?
That you aren't worth taking seriously.
Why? What I said was factually correct.

shuize

Post by shuize » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:51 pm

The editors of the Verge, where Jeong still works, described any assertion of racism in Jeong’s tweets as “dishonest and outrageous,” a function of bad faith and an attack on journalism itself. Scroll through left-Twitter and you find utter incredulity that demonizing white people could in any way be offensive. That’s the extent to which loathing of and contempt for “white people” is now background noise on the left. What many don’t seem to understand is that their view of racism isn’t shared by the public at large, and that the defense of it by institutions like the New York Times will only serve to deepen the kind of resentment that gave us Trump.

I think this quote, and especially the underlined section, is spot on.

Postmodernists and SJWs can play word games to redefine and excuse their racism, but that's not how the general public views the term.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:24 pm

Anti-"white" agitation in this context is driven by ruling class whites and is really anti-working-class.

If not, tell me bout all those oppressed people fighting back against The Man, such as the owners of the NYT, trustees of Ivy League schools, etc.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:51 pm

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

xouper

Post by xouper » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:08 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:51 pm
Oooh!

Look what I found.

http://theconservativecartel.com/flashb ... pe-hoaxer/
Not only that, but it seems she has a long history of trashing her new employer, the New York Times:
https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalis ... ork-times/

And spewing hatred towards police and men:
http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/03/nyt-s ... en-tweets/

shuize

Post by shuize » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:06 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:24 pm
Anti-"white" agitation in this context is driven by ruling class whites and is really anti-working-class.

If not, tell me bout all those oppressed people fighting back against The Man, such as the owners of the NYT, trustees of Ivy League schools, etc.

I agree. Years ago I noticed that quite a few people on the left seemed to have a hard on for the "elite" and the unskilled poor, but really looked down on skilled blue-collar workers like plumbers, electricians, etc. You know, the guys who actually keep the country running.

Siding with the liar in the UVA rape hoax. Talk about backing the wrong horse.

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:23 am

So no buyer's regret yet? :mrgreen:

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:46 am

I recall observing the "leaders" of the various occupy groups a few years ago. White guys. From elite schools it seemed.
The chicks had their bums heads patted and the minorities got some fried chicken and were happy to be paid attention to. Sorta like Chicago, sorta like the way the dems take blacks for granted. One day my friends, one day .... oh fuck what was that quote?

dammit it was from Night of the Silent Drums, the story of the slave revolt in the Virgins.

It went something like

"he awoke to a scream and his mind told him 'they have surmised our strength'. He realized that it was a kookaburra and relaxed and prepared to beat down another day"

Like that. The guy was an overseer. The sentiment is what the dem elites will feel when finally blacks surmise their strength.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:52 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:51 pm
Oooh!

Look what I found.

http://theconservativecartel.com/flashb ... pe-hoaxer/
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:54 pm

The NYT claimed that Jeong was “imitating” the behavior of people who harassed her online, but this does not explain why she was tweeting “fuck the police” and encouraging people to “kill all men.”

A search for “cops” and “police” on Jeong’s Twitter reveals an extensive history of anti-cop sentiment and a lack of sympathy for police who are injured on the job.

In one tweet from 2014 she wrote, “let me know when a cop gets killed by a rock or molotov cocktail or a stray shard of glass from a precious precious window.”

“Cops are assholes,” she said in 2015.

“If we’re talking big sweeping bans on shit that kills people, why don’t we ever ever ever ever talk about banning the police?” a tweet from 2016 asserts.

Daily Faller
"Can't help fools!"

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

Giz

Post by Giz » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:28 pm

Ban the police? Heck, if we want to ban shit where people die, ban hospitals!

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Giz wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:28 pm
Ban the police? Heck, if we want to ban shit where people die, ban hospitals!
If you criminalize hospitals only the the criminals will have hospitals, you pinko kommie faggot!

:freedom:

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!