Is he indicted yet?

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
xouper

Re: Is he indited yet?

Post by xouper » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:17 pm

sparks wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:59 pm
He said that if Ivanka weren't his own daughter, he'd probably be dating her.

Twist that up any way you want, and I'll do the same.
Thank you for admitting that it is your "twisting" and not actually a matter of record what Trump said.

I assume the same goes for most of your other "twistings" of what Trump said.

Perhaps we can move on.

Look, you are entitled to spin things however you want. That doesn't mean others are required to accept your spin as an accurate reflection of reality. And if you base your arguments on your "spin" rather than on facts, then in accordance with the purported purpose of this forum, you might be challenged on that. Just sayin'. :wink:

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:55 pm

Agreed.

And fuck you. Because whether you realize it or not, you're doing exactly the same thing.

End of discussion.

Thanks. :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

xouper

Post by xouper » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:41 am

sparks wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:55 pm
Agreed.

And fuck you. Because whether you realize it or not, you're doing exactly the same thing.
Yes and no.

On the one hand, I agree that I too see things through my own prejudices and biases. I never claimed otherwise.

Which is why I often try to quote other sources for my arguments rather than my own opinion.

On the other hand, when two allegedly objective sources (especially sources that most liberals usually accept as valid) say your interpretation is wrong, that's no longer "just my opinion".

Oh, one more thing . . .

sparks wrote:
And fuck you.
You're doing it wrong. Try something like this:

sparks wrote:
End of discussion.

Thanks. :)
Glad we could put that behind us.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:12 pm

:lmao:

Thanks xoup! That made my day.

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:04 am

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:53 am

Judge's criticism of Mueller prosecutors may alter Manafort trial outcome, experts say
The judge overseeing the prosecution of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort opened Thursday’s session with an apology of sorts, saying he’d been out of line in blasting the government’s lawyers.

It was a major break for Judge T.S. Ellis III, who in little more than a week of the trial has berated prosecutors for moving too slowly through their case, limited the evidence they can present, and even accused one government lawyer of crying.

The culmination came Wednesday when Judge Ellis lost his temper with Uzo Asonye, one of the prosecutors, after learning that an IRS agent on the witness list as an expert had been sitting in the courtroom watching the proceedings all week. The judge said he thought he’d he’d made clear no witnesses were allowed to sit in on the rest of the trial, and after the prosecutors said they’d heard differently, Judge Ellis erupted.

“Let me clear, I don’t care what the transcript said … don’t do it again,” he barked, with jurors looking on.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:43 am

Grammatron wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:36 pm
sparks wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:08 pm
In short, Billary is a scumbag. But your boy Trump is even worse.
Billary are proven scumbags while Trump is only alleged.
Why do you insist on defending the douche-nozzle? Do you honestly buy into his bag of snake oil?
Because we are adults and can have a discussion where just because someone's a thief it doesn't follow they are also an arsonist.
Trump has been a proven scumbag since the 1980s at least.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:04 am

Witness wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:04 am
Just to be clear about talking to the feds
860l7cA.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

ed

Post by ed » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:08 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:43 am
Grammatron wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:36 pm
sparks wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:08 pm
In short, Billary is a scumbag. But your boy Trump is even worse.
Billary are proven scumbags while Trump is only alleged.
Why do you insist on defending the douche-nozzle? Do you honestly buy into his bag of snake oil?
Because we are adults and can have a discussion where just because someone's a thief it doesn't follow they are also an arsonist.
Being an avaricious, lying scumbag in the private sector is very very different from sanctimoniously doing it on the public's dime. And, I think, that I have finally nailed down why I have loathed and abhorred the Clintons (and especially Hillary) lo these many years.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:10 pm

ed wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:08 am
Anaxagoras wrote:
...[big snip]...
Being an avaricious, lying scumbag in the private sector is very very different from sanctimoniously doing it on the public's dime. And, I think, that I have finally nailed down why I have loathed and abhorred the Clintons (and especially Hillary) lo these many years.
Why ed?

Enquiring minds want to know!

sparks

Post by sparks » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:21 am

The difference is Trump flaunts his scum-baggery.

ed

Post by ed » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:11 am

Skeeve wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:10 pm
ed wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:
...[big snip]...
Why ed?

Dunno exactly. And I am being serious for once. I think that a person who occupies a position of public trust ought to be held to a pretty high standard. I have a very large problem with such people getting rich during their tenure. I am generally not in favor of the death penalty but I would apply it without a second thought to officials that take bribes or otherwise betray their trust. The Clintons ought to be pushing up daises according to that logic. Go read up on hillary/Mosaic to see a typical Clinton abuse.

The public sector is different. I ran a company, a small one but real nonetheless. My job was to make money for stockholders and to conduct business so that the people in my employ could rely on a continuity of pay. In other words MY trust was to make money and if I betrayed that trust willfully, I should have been shot. Any CEO that is not as money oriented as Trump should not hold their position.

Clear? Muddy?

sparks

Post by sparks » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:24 am

Trump gives shit all about his 'employees', only about himself. That much is clear from his record to date.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:35 am

ed wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:11 am
Skeeve wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:10 pm
ed wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:
...[big snip]...
Why ed?

Dunno exactly. And I am being serious for once. I think that a person who occupies a position of public trust ought to be held to a pretty high standard. I have a very large problem with such people getting rich during their tenure. I am generally not in favor of the death penalty but I would apply it without a second thought to officials that take bribes or otherwise betray their trust. The Clintons ought to be pushing up daises according to that logic. Go read up on hillary/Mosaic to see a typical Clinton abuse.

The public sector is different. I ran a company, a small one but real nonetheless. My job was to make money for stockholders and to conduct business so that the people in my employ could rely on a continuity of pay. In other words MY trust was to make money and if I betrayed that trust willfully, I should have been shot. Any CEO that is not as money oriented as Trump should not hold their position.

Clear? Muddy?
Fairly clear, thank you ed.

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:49 am

sparks wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:24 am
Trump gives shit all about his 'employees', only about himself. That much is clear from his record to date.
That is factually incorrect.

ed

Post by ed » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:52 am

sparks wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:24 am
Here is a fact.
You cannot run an enterprise as successfully as it can be run without doing things that might, to an outsider, look like you show concern about your employees. Being concerned is different from doing things that might be interpreted as having concern.

I have no idea whether Trump was "concerned" but if he didn't act that way, he left money on the table. Now I ask you, does Trump strike you as the kind of guy that leaves money on the table?

RCC: Act II

Post by RCC: Act II » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 pm

ed wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:52 am

Here is a fact.
You cannot run an enterprise as successfully as it can be run without doing things that might, to an outsider, look like you show concern about your employees. Being concerned is different from doing things that might be interpreted as having concern.

I have no idea whether Trump was "concerned" but if he didn't act that way, he left money on the table. Now I ask you, does Trump strike you as the kind of guy that leaves money on the table?
Absolutely. The idea that Trump was good at anything except sitting on wildly appreciating NYC real estate is a fantasy. Although I've heard he's done an OK job managing his high-end rental properties. Yippee.

His willingness to screw over anyone he can for short term gain (or more to the point immediate gratification of his need to express dominance) is cliche' at this point. He's a failed businessman whose only saving grace was his being a media whore and that it is almost impossible to lose money when holding Manhattan real estate. Especially now that metropolitan condos are sort of the hot thing in big time money laundering. Which I'm sure is just a coincidence and has nothing to do with his being to some degree beholden to those who engage in that sort of thing.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:07 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Absolutely. The idea that Trump was good at anything except sitting on wildly appreciating NYC real estate is a fantasy. Although I've heard he's done an OK job managing his high-end rental properties. ...
You forgot professional wrestling impresario.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Absolutely. The idea that Trump was good at anything except sitting on wildly appreciating NYC real estate is a fantasy. Although I've heard he's done an OK job managing his high-end rental properties. ...
You forgot professional wrestling impresario.
Your right Abdul, I had forgotten about that...

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:46 pm

ed wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:52 am

Here is a fact.

Absolutely. The idea that Trump was good at anything except sitting on wildly appreciating NYC real estate is a fantasy. Although I've heard he's done an OK job managing his high-end rental properties. Yippee.
Trump was and is good at marketing and branding.