New questions over who leaked Christine Ford's explosive accusation ...

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skeeve

New questions over who leaked Christine Ford's explosive accusation ...

Post by Skeeve » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:17 am

New questions over who leaked Christine Ford's explosive accusation that Brett Kavanaugh tried to rape her, as reporter who broke the story says it WASN'T Dianne Feinstein and her staff

So what is it with the Brit's and their looooooooong article titles anyway?
The reporter who broke the story about the sexual assault allegations against Brett Kavanaugh said that the news was not leaked to him by Dianne Feinstein's office - as she launched a new defense of her handling of Christine Ford's accusation of the Supreme Court nominee.

Ryan Grim, the D.C. bureau chief for The Intercept, was the first to report in September on the existence of a confidential letter written by Ford that accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her at a party in the early 1980s.

The story said there was 'tension' inside the Democratic membership over the handling of the letter.

Grim said late Thursday that the letter was not leaked to him by Feinstein or anyone in her office, as many have speculated.
Grim cited 'multiple sources familiar with the situation,' suggesting that the leaks could have come from Democrats who had learned about the letter and were unhappy with Feinstein's refusal to release it.

By the time his report was published, a wide circle of people were aware of the allegations.

They included not just Eshoo, Feinstein and their respective staffs but - on the account of Ford to senators on Thursday - the high-profile Washington D.C. attorneys she had retained; friends she had spoken to in California; a polygrapher; and, although Ford contacted the newspaper anonymously, a reporter from the Washington Post.

Ford had also interviewed other attorneys although she did not say if she told those she rejected what the allegations were.
:Popcorn:
Well, if people in charge *really* want to know, I am sure our NSA is probably up to the task....however....
Then Skank Of America could start in...

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: New questions over who leaked Christine Ford's explosive accusation ...

Post by ed » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:23 am

Ford had also interviewed other attorneys although she did not say if she told those she rejected what the allegations were.
So she attorney shopped. Not necessarily bad but it is akin to the rancid pall that Hillary drags behind her.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:57 pm

There was no "leak".

It was deployed as planned, but did not do the trick.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

ed

Post by ed » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Not "leak", rather "Debut"

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:19 pm

Cue the end credits of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

ed

Post by ed » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:51 pm

Yeah, the Principle guy is a metaphor for the Democrats <took me a sec to get that>

:D

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:13 pm

She didn't have to "leak" it to a reporter or whatever word you want to use. If you tell enough people about it "in confidence" then eventually somebody will blab to a reporter. That way you can leak it indirectly without getting your own hands dirty.

This is key:
By the time his report was published, a wide circle of people were aware of the allegations.
If Ford truly wanted to remain anonymous she wouldn't have written the letter in the first place. This whole kabuki theater about whether it was leaked "against her wishes" makes me roll my eyes. She wanted this. Or at least part of her wanted it. In the end she voluntarily came forward publicly. You can't simultaneously expect anyone to take an accusation seriously and remain anonymous. It's a non-starter. And you don't have to assume a conspiracy theory.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

ed

Post by ed » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:25 pm

All of which makes her accusations more suspect. And makes her look like a nut.

shuize

Post by shuize » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:13 pm

If you tell enough people”in confidence” I agree that the secret will eventually get out.

But I think it’s just as likely Democrats are worried about the political fallout and are in damage control mode.

I don’t trust the reporter’s statement that “It wasn’t them” for shit.

ed

Post by ed » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Agree.

Here is my take. Like everything else I post, it is meticulously thought out, researched and can be taken to the bank.

I think that Ford shared her "experience" wiith some people who encouraged her to go to a psychotherapist to "get to the bottom of it". The result was the vague story that she subsequently, by fits and starts, got to Feinstine.

Feinstine saw this a potentially a Hail Mary and could play the good guy by observing Fords wish for anonymity. When it became clear that Kav. was going to be approved, she pulled a HenryII: "Who will rid me of this meddlesome priest?". A ratlike acolyte did the deed with the various news outlets and the rest is history.

What I don't understand is this... if Ford never had any intention of going public, why tell anyone in the first place? And if she did, Feinstein should be shot. She should be shot in any event because these allegations could have been evaluated months ago in secret.

I obtained a picture of the RFA