Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
xouper

Re: Jamal Khashoggi

Post by xouper » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:11 am

Witness wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:04 am
Anaxagoras wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:43 am
Reportedly the director of the CIA has now visited Turkey and heard the audio tape that the Turks said they have.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... hoggi-tape
He's of course totally fluent in Arabic…
He?

Giz

Post by Giz » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:14 am

Given the sexist attitudes in the region, Gina might want to identify as a bloke for a few days.

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:22 am

Uh, oh! I'm a sexist pig! :oops:

Re. Giz's remark: one of my friends went to Pakistan with her husband. After three days she was so fed up with harassment that she donned men's clothes.

Giz

Post by Giz » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:27 am

Frenchmen’s vacation clothes? Speedos? Did that help?

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:36 am

Giz wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:27 am
Frenchmen’s vacation clothes? Speedos? Did that help?
:lmao:

Yeah, I wasn't precise enough (it was somehow self-evident in my mind): local men's garb.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:18 am

Witness wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:04 am
Jamal Khashoggi: Saudi prosecutor says killing of journalist was 'pre-meditated crime'

Latest change in Saudi narrative comes as journalist's son allowed to leave country
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 00526.html
Well, that's some progress I guess. So let's see, their original story was that he totally left there alive and they have no idea where he went. Then it was, OK we killed him but it was an accident. Now it's, OK it was planned but the order didn't come from MBS.

Suuure. :roll:

Saudis now admit Jamal Khashoggi’s killing was planned
The killing of Jamal Khashoggi was planned ahead of time, Saudi Arabian officials said Thursday in the latest flip-flop on the journalist’s mysterious death.

The statement from Saudi prosecutors reverses their previous explanation that the 59-year-old writer died accidentally during a fistfight in the kingdom’s consulate in Istanbul.

Saudi Attorney General Saud al-Mojeb said investigators reached their conclusion that Khashoggi’s slaying was premeditated after examining evidence from Turkish officials as part of their joint investigation, a statement on the state-run Saudi Press Agency said.

Initially, Saudi Arabia said Khashoggi, who was a vocal critic of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman, had left the consulate after a visit Oct. 2 — but then changed its tune to say a brawl led to his death and that 18 Saudi suspects had been detained.
. . .

Turkish media also published a photo from a security camera that allegedly shows a Saudi consular vehicle with diplomatic license plates “scouting” Belgrade Forest on the outskirts of Istanbul ahead of Khashoggi’s killing.

Recept Tayyip Erdogan, the president of Turkey, has accused Saudi officials of making “reconnaissance” trips to the woods and the city of Yalova a day before Khashoggi died.

Officials have told the Associated Press that investigators are searching those two locations for the journalist’s body.
I would be surprised if they didn't have the body incinerated, but maybe they figured they could just bury it out in the woods somewhere and nobody would find it.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:20 am

Unless they have access to an incinerator which the Turkish security that observed them did not notice--"they're just ducking into the crematorium for donuts!"--it is hard to burn a body unnoticed.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Tommy D
Title: Real Funny Guy

Post by Tommy D » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:35 am

You gotta dig the hole before you bring a package. Or someone might see you digging the hole with a fucking body. So you gotta dig another hole. Pretty soon you're digging all fucking night!
What's really funny is . . . the fucking bank job away in Secaucus . . . I'm in the middle of the fucking weeds!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:35 pm

Erdogan demands Saudi Arabia reveal the location of Jamal Khashoggi's body
Eat a dick!

I love the site of Turk's on their high horse...
after being the worst on putting journalists in prison
Turkey worst in world for jailed journalists for second year

after the Armenian Genocide?

Hollywood Dramatization: www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcxkqnaBLW4
According to the interview included in the movie link above,
this is the 3rd time Hollywood has tried to make a movie about this.
As you might expect Turkey didn't like it, and we needed Turkey for NATO...
Well Trump is right, NATO is a cold war relic, so FUCK Turkey!

Fucking Turks think their shit don't stink!

Eat a bag of dicks!
Last edited by Skeeve on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Erdogan is on his high horse about being kept out of the loop.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:26 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:18 am
I would be surprised if they didn't have the body incinerated […]
That's not so easily done, even if cut to pieces.

Meanwhile:
UN official: Khashoggi was victim of an extrajudicial execution

UN special rapporteur says those who orchestrated Khashoggi's murder 'represent the Saudi state'.

The United Nations special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions said the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi bears the hallmark of an extrajudicial execution, and those who orchestrated his murder "are high enough to represent the state".

"What we know is sufficient to suggest very strongly that Mr Khashoggi was the victim of an extrajudicial execution," Agnes Callamard told Al Jazeera.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/10/ ... 17558.html

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:00 am

Already slipping in the (Western) news…
Intel: Why Turkey refuses to share Khashoggi evidence with Saudis

Turkey seems determined to keep Saudi Arabia on its toes by refusing to share all evidence on the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

The Saudi investigation team headed by the country’s top prosecutor, Saud al-Mojeb, met with its Turkish counterpart for a second round of talks today. Saudi investigators expected to be presented with a 150-page dossier, including interviews done with 45 Saudi Consulate employees, but the Turkish side refused to share all evidence with the team. Instead they demanded the extradition of the Saudi suspects to Turkey and information about the whereabouts of the journalist’s body, Turkish media reported.

Why it matters: Turkey seems to be keeping its cards close to its chest to force Saudi Arabia to disclose more information about those who played a role in the murder of the Washington Post contributor and the whereabouts of his remains. Turkish authorities’ reluctance to share all evidence might be an effort to prevent any efforts by the Saudis to whitewash the crime and keep its leverage over Riyadh.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan called on the Saudi prosecutor to not protect anyone and demanded full disclosure. “Who sent these 15 people? As Saudi public prosecutor, you have to ask that question. … No need to make things difficult, this matter must be solved. At heart, these efforts are aiming at protecting certain people,” Erdogan said today in an apparent reference to Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who is widely believed to have played a role in Khashoggi’s death.

What’s next: Turkey has two apparent demands from the Saudis: Cooperation to locate the journalist’s body and the extradition of the 18 suspects who have been detained in Saudi Arabia. At the moment, Turkey's top priority seems to be locating Khashoggi's remains. Indeed, Chief Istanbul Prosecutor Irfan Fidan reiterated Turkey’s information demand concerning the whereabouts of the body during today’s meeting, Turkish media reported.
https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origin ... dence.html

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:26 am

Yeah, if anything it's amazing that it held the world's attention for as long as it did. We haven't forgotten. But there's always going to be some new news to supplant yesterday's news sooner or later. I think there will be lasting consequences for Saudi Arabia and MBS, even if it's only to his reputation.
William Shakespeare

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:24 am

Jamal CouldntfindTrump'sKatrina is more like it, amirite?

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:39 am

Not everything is about Trump. I realize some people want to make it about Trump, but that's not me.

It is however still an open question as to how he will respond. Will he help them to sweep it under the rug or will he hold them accountable?
William Shakespeare

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 am

To shame a prince, activists want to rename street in front of Saudi embassy in D.C. ‘Jamal Khashoggi Way’

LONDON — It was a gut-punch of an evening. Speakers at a memorial service here on Monday night for the slain Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi included lifelong friends, human rights activists, fellow journalists, academics and his fiancee Hatice Cengiz, who told the audience “the disappearance of my beloved Jamal has left a hole in my heart and my soul.”

Cengiz begged the Saudi regime and Prince Mohammed bin Salman to return Khashoggi’s missing body, so he could be given a proper burial.

The last speaker was Nihad Awad, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Washington, who said he believed he had found a fitting way to honor his old friend and shame his murderers:

Rename the section of New Hampshire Avenue in front of the Saudi embassy in Washington “Jamal Khashoggi Way.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... 60ba3864cd

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:23 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:39 am
Not everything is about Trump. I realize some people want to make it about Trump, but that's not me.

It is however still an open question as to how he will respond. Will he help them to sweep it under the rug or will he hold them accountable?
What does that mean exactly?

Here... stand still ... I, Ed, Hereby hold you Anessaaaxxogoras, accountable for the death of Jamal Khasoggi.

Now what? You feel different? Going to commit seppku? No? Thought not.

Don't get it.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:39 am

Well, at a minimum I think to hold someone accountable means to make them suffer some kind of negative consequence for their actions. It presupposes that you have some sort of way to do that though. The president of the United States, with the help of congress and the international community, has that power. Some kind of sanctions for example. Short of war, sanctions are usually what our government does to hold other countries accountable for actions we don't approve of. There's already a law called the Magnitsky Act that can be used in cases like this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... di-arabia/
William Shakespeare

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Witness wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 am

The last speaker was Nihad Awad, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Washington, who said he believed he had found a fitting way to honor his old friend and shame his murderers:

Rename the section of New Hampshire Avenue in front of the Saudi embassy in Washington “Jamal Khashoggi Way.”
And then, let that section of the street fall apart.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:51 pm

Witness wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 am
To shame a prince, activists want to rename street in front of Saudi embassy in D.C. ‘Jamal Khashoggi Way’

LONDON — It was a gut-punch of an evening. Speakers at a memorial service here on Monday night for the slain Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi included lifelong friends, human rights activists, fellow journalists, academics and his fiancee Hatice Cengiz, who told the audience “the disappearance of my beloved Jamal has left a hole in my heart and my soul.”

Cengiz begged the Saudi regime and Prince Mohammed bin Salman to return Khashoggi’s missing body, so he could be given a proper burial.

I like it. An eternal reminder. All mail will have that name on the address. If they don't like it, fuck 'em.
William Shakespeare