Is It Safe to Be Jewish in New York? (New York Times)

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Is It Safe to Be Jewish in New York? (New York Times)

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:36 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/31/nyre ... y-nyc.html

My response (same now as ever):

While there have always been a few incidents like the one at the beginning of the article, one must ask safe compared to what?

I would say no less safe than being a white Gentile and a good deal more safe than being black.

My response (such as I never would have thought anyone could say):

If we're talking about visibly dressed like that: Not as safe as eastern Europe, and a good deal safer than western Europe.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

WildCat

Re: Is It Safe to Be Jewish in New York? (New York Times)

Post by WildCat » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Al Sharpton has incited more Jews to be killed in New York City than were killed in Pennsylvania.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:04 pm

WildCat wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:57 pm
Al Sharpton has incited more Jews to be killed in New York City than were killed in Pennsylvania.
Quite right, but not a current threat.

Now he's hit the bigtime and is a TV personality.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:21 pm

Safer than they are in a settlement?

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:16 pm

corplinx wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:21 pm
Safer than they are in a settlement?
Depends on where in NY and which settlement.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:53 am

Notice when the anti-Semitism is done by a Democrat (and a gay black man, thus putting him towards the top of the SJW intersectionality oppression pyramid), and one with connections to City Hall, they make all kinds of excuses for him.
When he allegedly scrawled hateful graffiti on the walls of a Brooklyn synagogue, James Polite crossed out a promising future aided by a City Hall internship, enrollment in a prestigious college and help from loving foster parents.

Polite, 26, was undergoing psychiatric evaluation at Woodhull Hospital on Saturday, a day after he was charged with aggravated harassment for defacing the historic Union Temple in Prospect Heights with the words “Hitler” and “Die Jew rats, we are here!”

Former City Council Speaker Christine Quinn tweeted Saturday that she was “simply and utterly devastated” not just over the graffiti, but to hear that a young man she tried to help along in life was responsible for a “vile expression of bigotry and anti-Semitism.”

Quinn called his alleged actions “inexcusable.”

“I know this young man and along with many others in the City Council and the social services industry have done everything I could over the years to help him as he grew up in and out of the foster system, in and out of the mental health system and in and out of homelessness.”

Polite had been bounced from foster home to foster home before his life was changed upon a chance meeting with Quinn at a gay pride rally in 2008, according to a New York Times article written last year.

Quinn took on Polite as an intern. He worked on initiatives that tackled hate crime, sexual assault and domestic violence. Polite also worked on Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign, on Quinn’s council reelection campaign in 2009, and her failed bid for mayor in 2013.

“James was the adopted child of the Quinn administration,” she told the Times last year. “And it wasn’t just me. It was the entire City Council staff.”

Polite found a new home with a couple that wanted to foster an LGBT youth who was about to age out of the foster care system.

Quinn helped Polite get into Brandeis University in Massachusetts, a top-level institution founded by American Jewish leaders.

In May, Polite put a picture of himself holding his Brandeis diploma on a GoFundMe page. “Help James Polite get an Apartment,” the headline said.

"I recently graduated with a degree in Politics from Brandeis University. It was a long journey, but I am glad that I made it!" Polite wrote.

Polite seems today quite a different man. On his Facebook page on Thursday, he posted a photo of an American flag on fire.

“Sometimes things take a lil heat to grow,” he wrote.

On the same day, he posted, “N------ have no soul or conscious. They'll eat they're own family before they do any kinda work. (the American breed).”

His friends realized that he was spiraling out of control and asked him to call them, but there is no indication that he did so before his arrest.

“I was shocked over what happened,” said Tykasia Daniels-Sosa, a friend. “He seemed to be doing good, at least from what he told me.”

Another friend blamed Polite's actions on a crystal meth addiction.

"It's absolutely the drugs," Mel Green, 23, told The News. "James would never do this if he wasn't on drugs. He was always standing up for people. He's not hateful or a bigot at all."

Polite was staying at a homeless shelter on Classon Ave. in Prospect Heights when he was arrested, residents confirmed Saturday.

Quinn said Polite has “experienced hardship that most people can’t ever imagine.”

“The actions he is accused of break my heart and devastate all of us who tried to help him get on solid footing over the years,” she wrote. “While he’s experienced hardship that most people can ever imagine, his actions are inexcusable.”

Besides writing such anti-Semitic graffiti as “Jews better be ready,” Polite also scrawled drawings of the Puerto Rican flag and the words “Free PR,” said police. The graffiti was written with black marker in hallways and stairwells Union Temple’s first, third and fourth floors.

Polite is also accused of setting several small fires at synagogues in Williamsburg, officials said.

Attempts to reach his foster parents were unsuccessful Saturday.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc ... story.html

If he had been a Trump supporter, the blame would have begun and ended with Trump no matter what else was going on.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:04 am

Well, can we at least agree his TDS caused it and thereby Trump is still guilty?

And they wonder why they are suspect for things like those phony mail bombs by default with me. Herpa derp.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:46 am

Not making excuses for the gay black man in question, but he was ...

1) An orphan raised by Jews.
2) Stark raving mad.

So I'm seeing this as more psychologically complicated than the usual black (and/or Democrat) anti-Semitism.

The real problem is that the Jewish "leaders" automatically blamed Trump.
It's not just a syndrome any more.

It is a conditioned reflex.