Mueller Renegs on Manafort Plea

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
corplinx
Title: Moderator

Re: Mueller Renegs on Manafort Plea

Post by corplinx » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Further evidence I live in Crazy Town:

Mueller has recommended no jail time for Flynn.

The significance of this is, they setup Flynn using newer laws about lying to the FBI. You might not know this from Hillary's staffers never being arrested for their lies about destruction of evidence, but yes, they made lying to the FBI a crime. The FBI gets to determine what is a lie or not though. If you believe you answered truthfully, it doesn't matter. Then the FBI pressures you into testifying against others to get yourself off the hook, even if they don't charge you with a real crime.

In the redacted memo, Flynn is co-operating with an investigation, just not the Russia one. womp womp.

I made a thread doing a grave dance on General Flynn called "the clown show is over" and in retrospect I feel bad gloating about it since he was basically maliciously prosecuted as far as I can tell.

"I didn't think those calls were what you were asking about" isn't enough. They have to ruin you so that you become desperate enough to make false statements against others.

They drug Flynn through all of this over a few phone calls. Yep.

Surprise

Post by Surprise » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:36 am

Part of the plea deal was Flynn gets to plead guilty to a lesser crime. That is how plea deals work.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:35 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46490804
The memo lists five allegations of breaching the deal by lying:
On his interaction with Konstantin Kilimnik, a business associate who Mr Mueller says is tied to Russian intelligence. The actual allegations in the memo are redacted
A second case involving Kilimnik and obstruction of justice
Payment to a firm working for Manafort
On a separate department of justice inquiry
On contacts with Trump administration officials
The memo calls these "multiple discernible lies - these were not instances of mere memory lapse".
Our correspondent, Anthony Zurcher, says that given the central focus of Mr Mueller's investigation is Russia-Trump links, the Kilimnik connection could prove to be of particular interest.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:36 am

Depending upon which channel, Trump has already resigned or Hillary Clinton is in Gitmo.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:10 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:35 am
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46490804
The memo lists five allegations of breaching the deal by lying:
On his interaction with Konstantin Kilimnik, a business associate who Mr Mueller says is tied to Russian intelligence. The actual allegations in the memo are redacted
A second case involving Kilimnik and obstruction of justice
Payment to a firm working for Manafort
On a separate department of justice inquiry
On contacts with Trump administration officials
The memo calls these "multiple discernible lies - these were not instances of mere memory lapse".
Our correspondent, Anthony Zurcher, says that given the central focus of Mr Mueller's investigation is Russia-Trump links, the Kilimnik connection could prove to be of particular interest.
Since I trust no one even a little, I would start by reading the transcripts of the interrogations vis a vis the charges.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!