Abuse of federal power thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Abuse of federal power thread

Post by ed » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:45 pm

sort of a redundant title.

Latest is this guy, Jerome Corsi.

Nutshell, he turned over his life to the feds then they asked him about a two year old email. He forgot, they let him go home and reread his emails. He went back to them and filed an amended statement and basically refused to lie to get someone else indited so they indited him. Cost? 100's of thousands. Fair? You judge.

But I ask you: Could you remember an email chain from two years ago?
"They ask you a question, they have material they want to show you, you have forgotten about it ... It's a memory test," he said. "It’s completely rigged and it’s politically-driven by Clinton operatives who have an agenda. And if you can’t give them... what they’re looking for to fill their narrative, they blow you up and charge you with a crime."
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... _trap.html
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Skeeve

Re: Abuse of federal power thread

Post by Skeeve » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:42 pm

ed wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:45 pm
sort of a redundant title.

Latest is this guy, Jerome Corsi.

Nutshell, he turned over his life to the feds then they asked him about a two year old email. He forgot, they let him go home and reread his emails. He went back to them and filed an amended statement and basically refused to lie to get someone else indited so they indited him. Cost? 100's of thousands. Fair? You judge.

But I ask you: Could you remember an email chain from two years ago?
"They ask you a question, they have material they want to show you, you have forgotten about it ... It's a memory test," he said. "It’s completely rigged and it’s politically-driven by Clinton operatives who have an agenda. And if you can’t give them... what they’re looking for to fill their narrative, they blow you up and charge you with a crime."
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... _trap.html
The eternal moral of this and so many other stories in the "Naked City;" NEVER EVER talk to the police/feds/authorities...
Cool Hand wrote:...
Don't talk to the cops, and for God's sake don't write or sign any statement. You can never go wrong by exercising your Sixth Amendment right to counsel by telling them that you will not answer any questions without your lawyer being present. It works, and it is helpful to the guilty and not guilty alike.
Meanwhile check out this video, the email is mentioned (and shown) at ~ 3:00 minutes in.

Then Skank Of America could start in...

ed

Post by ed » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:24 pm

I say again: no one would avoid indictment if a prosecutor put their mind to it. You may get off at trial but you'll be working for me in my tobacco marijuana fields, singing negro spirituals.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:13 pm

Jerome Corsi is a cunt.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:20 pm

I notice republicans are all into "lock up" anyone they don't like for political reasons. It was a popular chant at Trump rallies. But if the shoe is on the other foot, suddenly, "omg, abuse of federal power!!" They are salty that the power isn't being wielded against their enemies.

Corsi has been mentioned in this forum years ago. He is/was a major birther and peddler of conspiracy theories.
William Shakespeare

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:53 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:20 pm
I notice republicans are all into "lock up" anyone they don't like for political reasons. It was a popular chant at Trump rallies. But if the shoe is on the other foot, suddenly, "omg, abuse of federal power!!" They are salty that the power isn't being wielded against their enemies.

Corsi has been mentioned in this forum years ago. He is/was a major birther and peddler of conspiracy theories.
Yeah, it's not like Hillary did anything that anyone else would have gone to prison for. Oh, wait...

As far as Corsi goes being an insane nutjob conspiracy theorist isn't a crime.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

shuize

Post by shuize » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:21 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
I notice republicans are all into "lock up" anyone they don't like for political reasons. It was a popular chant at Trump rallies. But if the shoe is on the other foot, suddenly, "omg, abuse of federal power!!" They are salty that the power isn't being wielded against their enemies ...
Wildcat beat me to it. But having talked to more than one person with a security clearance about what would happen to them if they had been caught acting as Clinton with respect to handling classified information, your "republicans are all into 'lock up' anyone they don't like for political reasons" rings hollow.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:06 am

If the point is Republicans are not so nice, including historically, no argument.

The point about Democrats isn't merely how bad they are, but that they totally lost their shit and got a lot worse very quickly after 2016.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:35 am

But it was her turn
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:49 am

And it is not as if she stuffed classified documents down her skirt as she left and was not prosecuted because she is a Democratic Aristocrat.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:02 am

Corsi was a agitprop liar about Obama including about his birth certificate.

But nobody deserves this bullshit malicious prosecution garbage.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:22 am

The GOP turned a blind eye to the abuse suffered by Susan McDougal who was in fact tortured by law enforcement.

"From September 9, 1996 to March 6, 1998, McDougal spent the maximum possible 18 months imprisonment for civil contempt, including 8 months in solitary confinement, and she was subjected to "diesel therapy," the practice of hauling defendants around the country and placing them in different jails along the way.[12]"

Manafort, despite not being a flight risk and past his prime to speak age wise, was denied bail and thrown in solitary confinement as well.

I'm glad to see we no longer use "Diesel Therapy" which is actually a form of torture on our Political Prisoners though.

ed

Post by ed » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:03 am

Anaxagoras wrote:

I take exception to this.

The only person who comes to mind that probably ought to be locked up is Bill Clinton for rape. Hillary should undergo a real investigation. The abuse of federal power was the fact that it was withheld in the case of the Clintons. That is as much abuse as what is going on with Mueller now.

Inasmuch as we still have free speech, I absolutely support Corsi in sharing his opinions. Agreeing is something else and his opinions certainly do not merit abuse by government.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:36 am

Conspiracy theorist sues Mueller alleging illegal leaks and surveillance
An author and conspiracy theorist who says he’s being threatened with indictment by special counsel Robert Mueller’s team in the Trump-Russia probe filed a federal lawsuit Sunday night accusing Mueller of constitutional violations and leaking grand jury secrets.

Jerome Corsi’s new suit against Mueller also accuses the special prosecutor of trying to badger Corsi into giving false testimony that he served as a conduit between Wikileaks found Julian Assange and Roger Stone, a longtime adviser to then-candidate Donald Trump.

“Defendant Mueller and his prosecutorial staff have demanded that Plaintiff Corsi falsely testify that he acted as a liaison between Roger Stone and WikiLeaks leader Julian Assange concerning the public release of emails downloaded from the DNC’s servers,” the complaint says.

Corsi is demanding $100 million in actual damages and $250 million in punitive damages for injury to his reputation.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, is just the latest maneuver in a public campaign against Mueller by Corsi and his attorneys. Last month, they gave reporters copies of draft court documents showing that Mueller wanted Corsi to plead guilty to a false statements charge.

Prosecutors from Mueller’s office proposed that Corsi admit that he repeatedly lied to investigators about his interactions with Stone about his interest in emails WikiLeaks could release that would be damaging to Trump’s Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton. In the draft plea documents, Corsi was to concede that his falsely said he rebuffed Stone’s attempt to go through him to make contact with WikiLeaks; falsely denied that Stone asked him to enlist someone else in the effort; and falsely denied conveying information about what hacked emails WikiLeaks had.

Corsi is represented in the suit by his defense attorney, David Gray of New Jersey, and longtime conservative gadfly and Judicial Watch founder, Larry Klayman. The suit takes some unusual tacks, accusing Mueller of conducting unconstitutional surveillance of Corsi through the National Security Agency’s PRISM program, a digital snooping program exposed by NSA leaker Edward Snowden.
Hey, it's the Birther Gang, with another clownish lawsuit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Klayman
Some of Klayman's previous antics:
In 2013, a citizen grand jury formed by Klayman "indicted" Obama and others of various crimes (including involuntary manslaughter), "convicted" Obama of fraud, and alleged the president forged his birth certificate in order to pass eligibility requirements.[57][58]

On October 13, 2013, during the US government shutdown, Klayman declared at a conservative rally in Washington, D.C. that "This president is not a president of We the People; he’s a president of his people", urged the crowd to begin a "second American non-violent Revolution", and demanded that President Obama "put the Quran down ... [and] figuratively come out with his hands up."[59] Weeks later, Klayman sponsored a "Reclaim America" rally in Lafayette Square across from the White House, calling for the president's removal.[60][61] Klayman stated that if Obama did not resign, conservative activists would meet to establish a "shadow government".[62] Klayman had encouraged "millions to occupy Washington D.C.," but reported attendance was between 130 and 200.[61]

In 2014, Klayman requested that the Department of Homeland Security initiate deportation proceedings against Obama.[63]
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:43 am

One thing I can say for him, he's consistent.

RADM James T. Kirk, Star Fleet Command
--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!