Jurassic World 2

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
Nyarlathotep

Jurassic World 2

Postby Nyarlathotep » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:42 am

Fun movie if you don't think too hard about it. If you do, you will just drive yourself nuts.

My favorite Dino in the film was the Stygimoloch (had to look up what the beastie was. I recognized it when I saw the movie but didn't know what it was called). Destructive little bastard. Seemed to enjoy bashing its head into anything and anyone it could. If they really could clone dinosaurs, I would want one of those. The fun I could have...

Picture for reference.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Re: Jurassic World 2

Postby ed » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:18 am

I was preoccupied communicating with you lot at the beginning.

One thing that pisses me off is when I see the setup for the next one from the first frame. I feel ... used.

There was something missing here ... script? depth? Michael Creighton? It was a bit like eating in a restaurant that had great reviews and then, after the meal is over, you realize that it was just a restaurant. I know that that is unclear. Lack of focus. That may be it. The story only existed to set up the next movie. It was part of an endless segue from the Original to some nebulous and undefined future. It was continual shark jumping.

That said I loved the Ted Levine character and they get points for having the son of the sainted Tim Spall in it.

If this movie were personified, it would be a Baywatch Babe ... great to look at but not much else.

And maybe that's enough.
- new minimalist ethos -

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:21 pm

ed wrote: It was a bit like eating in a restaurant that had great reviews and then, after the meal is over, you realize that it was just a restaurant. I know that that is unclear.

I know what you mean, I call it the "In & Out Burger Factor"

Still, I enjoyed it, as a popcorn movie. Maybe my standards are slipping because with the advent of Movie Pass, I never find myself thinking "I wasted $12 on THAT?" but it was an acceptably entertaining movie and that's all I expected from it.

And what did you think of the little dino I mentioned? My new favorite guy. I could just see him thinking

"Fuck this wall. Fuck this door. Fuck all those people in all those chairs. Fuck THAT guy, in particular..." etc. It amused me
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Postby ed » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:38 pm

Don't get me wrong: there is no prob with a flick that simply is fun to watch, and this one was.

That little dino made me think of internet debates :)
- new minimalist ethos -

Return to “Humanities (History, Art, Literature, Music & Film)”