The Belko Experiment (my review)

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
gnome

The Belko Experiment (my review)

Post by gnome » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:55 am

Produced by Guardians' of the Galaxy's James Gunn and some other guys, this movie is best described as another in the genre of gruesome social experiments. Think a little bit of "Cube", a little bit of "Mean Guns". That sort of thing. Honestly, its narrative contains few surprises, which would have made it a mediocre movie, except that good performances by the charismatic cast raise the entertainment level. A C for unoriginal premise (though one that consistently fascinates) and storyline. However, a B+ for execution.

I would say more, but it really is a kind of fun movie and you might as well get what surprises you can out of it.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2