The Silliest Sport/Game

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
lothian

Post by lothian » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:53 am

wollery wrote:
(As an aside we just thrashed the crap out of New Zealand :) )
Roll on 2005! What chance you reclaiming the Ashes ... ?
None.
Come on, talk it up a bit at least. We want a bit of competition this time round.
Then why the hell are you playing us?
I'll bite.

Australia are no longer all conquering, having only drawn at home to India on their last series.
England’s vulnerability to the bowling of Warne will be tamed by him plying over here for Hants.
England are buoyant having their first whitewash for years.
England’s best bowler is better than Australia’s (Harmison 880 points, Warne 777)
England have finally realised that you can prepare pitched to suit your own team after years of preparing them to suit the opposition.
18 of the 23 man Australian squad will be over 30 by the time the ashes comes round while only 3 of England’s contracted players will be over 30.
England will have been at home all summer warming up against Bangladesh (good for confidence building)
Australia will be jet lagged and home sick having spent the early part of the year in Zealand followed closely by the tour of England.
This all points to a fantastic series for England defying recent Ashes series and I see us winning a draw in one test and only narrowly losing the other 4.

Harry

Post by Harry » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:09 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Backhoe wrestling.
Oh oh! You reminded me of this! Unfortunately I couldn't find any pictures for you, but I saw the ballet and they were bloody great!
Pacifism is easy when one is masochistic

wollery

Post by wollery » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:38 am

lothian wrote:I'll bite.

Australia are no longer all conquering, having only drawn at home to India on their last series.
England’s vulnerability to the bowling of Warne will be tamed by him plying over here for Hants.
England are buoyant having their first whitewash for years.
England’s best bowler is better than Australia’s (Harmison 880 points, Warne 777)
England have finally realised that you can prepare pitched to suit your own team after years of preparing them to suit the opposition.
18 of the 23 man Australian squad will be over 30 by the time the ashes comes round while only 3 of England’s contracted players will be over 30.
England will have been at home all summer warming up against Bangladesh (good for confidence building)
Australia will be jet lagged and home sick having spent the early part of the year in Zealand followed closely by the tour of England.
This all points to a fantastic series for England defying recent Ashes series and I see us winning a draw in one test and only narrowly losing the other 4.
Yeah, that's all well and good, but we are talking about the ashes. England will implode, our batting will collapse, half our bowling line up will injure themselves and we'll get away with one test win and maybe a couple of draws if we're lucky!
It's not easy being a dolphin!

lothian

Post by lothian » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:57 am

wollery wrote:Yeah, that's all well and good, but we are talking about the ashes. England will implode, our batting will collapse, half our bowling line up will injure themselves and we'll get away with one test win and maybe a couple of draws if we're lucky!
You didn't read my last line then.

wollery

Post by wollery » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:29 pm

lothian wrote:You didn't read my last line then.
I did read it, I just disagree with it.

Call me a pessimist if you will, but that's how I see it. :(
It's not easy being a dolphin!

Skeeve

What is the silliest sport, then?

Post by Skeeve » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:23 pm

Is it:

Hurling?
Curling?
Cricket?
Dwarf Tossing?
Buzkashi?
Dragon Poker?

I don't know. Somebody ought to give me some advice here.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Beanbag

Post by Beanbag » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:17 am

There's always bazarakus.

(OK, you google nuts, let's see if you can find THAT one)

Regards;
Beanbag
I fear no gods, because they don't exist, but I fear the fool that truly Believes.

I'm voting Romney this time around, because I've never settled for the lesser of two evils.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:45 am

Forty-three man squamish as detailed in Mad magazine long ago. 60s, 70s maybe? Anyone here remember that?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Beanbag

Post by Beanbag » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:07 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Forty-three man squamish as detailed in Mad magazine long ago. 60s, 70s maybe? Anyone here remember that?
I just want to know where you're going to find a ball made from tightly woven strips of bamboo, stuffed with bluejay feathers. Oshman's was sold out, last I checked.

Regards;
Beanbag (who is sometimes frightened by what remains stuck in the memory pool)
I fear no gods, because they don't exist, but I fear the fool that truly Believes.

I'm voting Romney this time around, because I've never settled for the lesser of two evils.