NFL Death Watch

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.

Who Goes First?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:20 am

Wade
44%
Josh
22%
Brad
11%
Belichick Rules Planet X
22%

Total votes: 9

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

NFL Death Watch

Post by Doctor X » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:20 am

So who goes first?

Wade

Coach of How 'Bout Dem Cowboys, they were suppose to play in the first Super Bowl in the Jerry Jones' Memorial Toilet Bowl. They have been suppose to be in the Super Bowl for the last decade.

Surest sign of his
Impending Demise is the Owner/General Manager/Supreme Dictator-for-Life has "ruled out" firing him.

Josh

Spawn of Belichick [Pat. Pend.--Ed.], replacing a coach who had won them two Super Bowls . . . with what some consider the best QB ever . . . okay, he has sucked recently, but does tend to convince Tom Bunchen to throw to his players . . . making a stand against a useless QB, then dancing like a girl when his former team coughed up a lead . . . the way they did when he was the Offensive Coordinator.

But now his ass has been raped.

By the Faiders.

Consider that for a moment: the Raiders are doom'd to wander the Corridors of FAIL, where the Tuck Rule looms and the Coach-You-Fire beats you in your Super Bowl the next year with Someone Else's Team, until
His Unmerciful Shadow, the Wraith of West Coast, Al Davis finally loses that Tic-Tac-Do game with Death.

Can he survive that?

Brad

Not loved:

Brad flew under the radar, until, after getting The Most Over-Rated QB in History fans realized with each Season-Ending Interception, why the guy was no longer employed. Still, do you blame a coach for a prima dona QB?

Until you realize Real Coaches BENCH/trade prima donas! Until you realize that coaches who lick and kiss the asses of
Now Useless quarter backs tend to do badly. This was suppose to be "The Year." Minnesota was suppose to play the Cowboys for the NFC Championship. They may, instead, meet in the Stupor Bowl . . . save they will not play each other this year.

Now, Brad is trying to blame the woes on the QB he personally went to visit to convince to play again . . . but not, like, participate in training camp where he might . . . you know . . . develop chemistry or a reputation with teammates better than Barry Bonds had.

--J.D.
Last edited by Doctor X on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Tiosylanyl
Title: The Three-eyed Raven

Re: NFL Death Watch

Post by Tiosylanyl » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:04 pm

As my wife is a Dallas fan, I am subjected to their games more than my fair share of the time. I'm always amazed with how Wade Phillips always has this look on his face as if he hasn't the slightest clue what is happening around him. I finally voiced my observation to my wife this past weekend, and her response was, "I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has noticed that."

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:29 pm

She is not.

Various commentators--not just your "HE SUCKS!" type--have dissected his calls with the "what the fuck?" reaction. Most are amazed he was not fired, like, two years ago.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Tiosylanyl

Post by Tiosylanyl » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Doctor X wrote:She is not.

Various commentators--not just your "HE SUCKS!" type--have dissected his calls with the "what the fuck?" reaction. Most are amazed he was not fired, like, two years ago.

--J.D.
I wasn't necessarily referring to his calls, though I agree with the "what the fuck?" reaction, but to the "who am I, and how did I get here?" look that's always on his face. I get a good chuckle every time the camera is on him.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:15 pm

There was a pickie of Wade with that caption. I almost used it.

So who thinks Josh is going first?

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:22 pm

I do.

Broncos actually moved backwards under him.

And losing by 50+ to Raiders?! I'm surprised he still has a job today.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:38 pm

What may be saving Josh is two things:
  • 1. Season is not over.
    2. Who will replace him?
For Wade the season is ovAH! Brian pretty much as well.

--J.D.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:29 pm

It'll be Wade because Jerry will pull the trigger faster than anyone else.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:12 am

Does he wait to the end of the season? It is OVAH for Dallas. My Fellow RS fans claiming they could catch the MFYs and Tampons in September with half their bench in the hospital sound more sane than any Dullas fan that thinks they can "come back." So . . . should Jerry wait? Or should he put in a coach to basically get a "jump" on the next season?

I suppose it depends on who is likely to take the job.

Had SD lost I might have considered adding Norm to The List!

--J.D.

Tiosylanyl

Post by Tiosylanyl » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:52 am

My father-in-law called and left a message for my wife earlier today. I couldn't resist sharing. :twisted:

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:43 am

--J.D.

grayman

Post by grayman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:18 pm

And now no Moss, no mas.
You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Rumors are that Brad is on the cutting block. Granted, I expected him to merely bench Moss after Moss' remarks. Of course, then you have Most Over-Rated QB claiming he actually "won the game as a team" despite the score. Every sentence had either "I" or "me" in it. Firing Chilly may be, to quote Francis Urquart, "an act of mercy. He was wriggling in the trap the moment he took office. We merely put the poor bastard out of his misery!"

--J.D.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:39 am

We gonna need someone to replace Mangini...
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:26 am

Pyrrho wrote:We gonna need someone to replace Mangini...
You do have the Walrus.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:23 am

Apparently the owner of the Viqueens is REALLY angry about Chilly-Willy's decision. He may be the first to go.

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:42 am

Rumor is no one is getting fired until they figure out the upcoming CBA clusterfuck.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:52 am

For those who do not understand: the CBA or "collective bargaining agreement" between the players and ownership--is "up." If it is not renewed/remade/replaced there will be a "lockout" next year because owners will not want to pay players who are not playing. Players will sue--they are decertifying their unions team-by-team so players can sue the owners for their pay in a lockout situation.

Coaches? They laugh. They get paid no matter what. So I have to agree that the CBA is saving some coaches butts because to bring in a new one . . . when there may not be a season next year . . . that is a risk. A new coach is suppose to reorganize a team and "build to the future." Hard to do that when there is no "next season." Add the problem that the "choice" coaches may not wish to be hired when they know there may not be a "next season."

Still . . . the owner is very public about his anger with Chilly Willy over trading Moss. That is never a good sign. If the owner concludes the season is over--and for the Vikqueens it is--he may decide to execute him.

But . . .

. . . wait for it . . .

. . .

. . . unlike players, if you fire a coach after signing him to a contract, you have to pay him unless you can show some sort of violation of some random clause. His Divine Shadow Al Davis tried to do this to Mike Shanahan long ago. Shanahan sued and won. So he will have to pay Chilly Willy the rest of his contract as well as pay a new/interim coach. That may save Chilly's job until at least the end of the year.

Or not.

--J.D.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:28 pm

WildCat wrote:It'll be Wade because Jerry will pull the trigger faster than anyone else.
I win!
In the wake of an embarrassing 45-7 loss to the Green Bay Packers, the Dallas Cowboys have fired head coach Wade Phillips, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports.

Assistant head coach Jason Garrett will replace Phillips on an interim basis, according to Lombardi.

This is the first time the Cowboys have fired a head coach in the middle of the season, something owner Jerry Jones had pubicly said he was hesitant to do amid the team's early struggles.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... e-phillips
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Cowboys will still not magically get better.