1 Down, 15 to go

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: 1 Down, 15 to go

Post by Doctor X » Fri May 30, 2014 3:34 am

Heh, you sound like a Bruins fan before 2011.

Meanwhile, Cubs and Indians fans claim the strike cancelled WS? "Well, it's not 111 years, it's only 110 years! And this year ain't over yet!"

:D

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

izittrue

Post by izittrue » Fri May 30, 2014 5:42 pm

It's not over yet but I can see the darkness at the end of the tunnel.
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat May 31, 2014 2:08 am

But . . . is that a
--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL East Champs!!

izittrue

Post by izittrue » Sat May 31, 2014 2:59 am

This game is killing me. Good stuff.
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

izittrue

Post by izittrue » Sat May 31, 2014 3:48 am

Wow!!
Will Rogers -

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat May 31, 2014 4:13 am

Funny, I was about to post that. I got distracted with the RS finish--two Devil Ray Fags run into one another, ball drops, walk-off score from 1st--to turn back and see LA up.

Then.

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat May 31, 2014 5:14 am

Hahaha, bring on Game 7!
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat May 31, 2014 5:56 am

Gram---> Image <---Moi

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:48 am

*Starts sending emergency supplies of undies to Chicago and LA*

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:13 am

Izi---> Image <---Moi
What a series. Phenomenal games. Rangers will need a lot of puck luck.
--J.D.

AL East Champs!!

izittrue

Post by izittrue » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:47 am

Damn. Our defense failed us. But LA is very strong. A great series but it could of been better for me. Kings in five? I haven't really followed the Rangers but perhaps these teams are evenly matched. As my dad used to say always root for the team that beats yours that way you know you lost to the best.
Will Rogers -

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:15 pm

That one hurt, to force a Game 7 and then lose like we did. But the better team won... I think whoever won that series wins the cup, the west is the stronger division this season.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:05 pm

Your father must be a Cubs fan.

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:44 pm

My father isn't a sports fan of any sort.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Though I will note, en passant, this is why one should not gloat about games and series they have not won yet.

Sort of the Teaching Point of this thread . . . made magNIfIcent by moi.

In the rain.

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!

izittrue

Post by izittrue » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Go CubsYes my father was a cubs fan however he became a dback fan also as we lived in AZ longer than Chicago. Hard to give up being a fan of the teams one grew up on.
Will Rogers -

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:49 pm

There is sort of a rule I have cobbled/stolen together:

1. Primogenitureythingy: The team of the place your were born is your team provided it was there and you were raised to whelp-age--old enough to know.

1a. If you are moved to another place prior to that time you may take that place's team unless you maintain strong family relationships with your new territory. An example of this is Rico Petrocelli's brother who is a New York cop--and a Red Sox fan--and has murder two of his children for becoming MFYs fans [Citation needed.--Ed.]

1b. If your team does something completely reprehensible to you, your family, the city, you are freed of obligation. An example of this would be the Clipper's Cheerleading Dude who was snubbed by the organization. Hell, if by some miracle Sterling remained in control every Clipper's fan would be free to switch. I understand there is the LA Fakers, but they are a Minnesota team--q.v.

2. Changing Laundry: allowed in the following cases:

2a. Reprehensible: you should choose a "local" team if possible. If not, you default to Rule the Third.

2b. Team Moves Away: you are allowed to continue to root for the moved team provided you maintain a connection. Understand, this may not pass on to children born/abducted subsequent to the move. It may also become embarrassing if the move result in the team finally succeeding: see Cleveland fans trying to be Ravens' fans, LA fans trying--for a time--to be St. Louis Rams' fans, Baltimore fans trying to be Colts fans, et cetera.

2c. A Team Moves To: you are free to root for them--understanding they may move away. If, by necessity you were a fan of a Rule 3 Team, that team is your Rule 3.

3. "Not LOCAL?!" you are allowed to claim a team that is "not-local" if you meet the requirements above and:

3a. True Fan: you choose a team alongside your "local" team because you love the game and your "local" team sucks. Case in point: many Patriots fans had "another team" because they wanted to root for someone after October. I rooted for the "Niners" because I liked Montana. I know some who rooted for Denver with Elway. This was before both became "big."

3a1. You are a Truer fan if you pick an unpopular team: anyone can be a "MFY fan" or--now--a "RS fan!"--with your pink hat--or as one conversation went on a podcast:
Caller: I've been a Patriots fan since 2003!

Pats Reporter Dude: Good timing.
another example is a British friend whose first baseball game happened to be the Pittsburgh Pirates. He figured, as above, anyone can be a "MFY Fan" so he decided to root for an "underdog." This counts as a True Fan of baseball.

3a2. Also allowed if you pick one for which you have some familiar relationship. Your family comes from a section of England, you root for that section's soccerball team because . . . why not?

3b. "Little Brother:" you are allowed to "adopt" a team. I have adopted Cleveland teams because I feel sorry for them. I do not root for them against my Glorious Boston/New England teams. Also, should a Cleveland team win a championship--stop laughing!--I do not get to "share in the glory." If there is a party, I wear my RS gear but announce I am rooting for the Indians against ____. This is different than 3a because you are trying to send some "Sports Karma" to a weak team.

3c. Man Without a Country: you live in Alabama . . . you want to root for a baseball team. What the fuck do you do?

3c1. Local Hero: if your university team--which is all you have--has a "hero" you are allowed to root for him.

3c2. Knowledgeable Fan: you may pick a team but you better know them. For example, you can claim to be a MFY fan "because I liked the way Mariano Rivera played, I once met Yogi Bera, and I like licking my dog's ass." YOU MUST follow the team ESPECIALLY during "down" periods. You are not allowed to dump them and then move on to the "Flavor of the Season."

See all the New York fans suddenly realizing there are hockey teams in the state. A similar criticism was leveled to RS fans who suddenly realized, "Hey . . . those . . . Bear Guys who play during the Icecapades! They're good now!"

This applies to all fans from Tampa.

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:51 am

I go away for a little cross country road trip and all hell breaks loose! I sadly had to miss every single game but the satellite radio in the rental car was sufficient in giving me all of the emotions. From the highlights I've seen it looks like Chicago took LA to the brink (even though we should have closed it out at home), but a well placed puck and a good bounce and we are in Stanley Cup finals!

Now, I need to power-wash the rental car's seats and get more undies for the next series.

:fencing:

izittrue

Post by izittrue » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:16 pm

My son likes the teams I like. So he roots for the Cubs, da bears Being born in AZ he's allowed to root for the white sox also. He was not privvy to all that north-south side stuff like myself growing up back in the greater Chicagoland area. I find since I live in AZ I root for both teams although my die hard friends say one has to choose. I do when they play each other. I've always been an underdog fan. I'm from Chicago. It's natural.
Will Rogers -

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:58 am

I hear a Fat Lady warming up. . . .

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!