Penn State Paterno Provides Promotion for Pedophiles. . . .

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Penn State Paterno Provides Promotion for Pedophiles. . . .

Postby Doctor X » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:37 am

Utterly disgusting:

Major college football's oldest, winningest and perhaps most revered coach, was engulfed Monday in a growing furor involving former defensive coordinator and one-time heir apparent Jerry Sandusky, who was indicted on charges of sexually abusing eight boys over 15 years.

The Pennsylvania state police commissioner said Paterno fulfilled his legal requirement when he relayed to university administrators that a graduate assistant had seen Sandusky attacking a young boy in the team's locker room shower in 2002. {Note the year.} But the commissioner also questioned whether Paterno had a moral responsibility to do more.

Two Penn State officials, Senior Vice President Gary Schultz and Athletic Director Tim Curley, surrendered on charges that they failed to alert police to the complaint about Sandusky.

Schultz and Curley are also charged with lying to the state grand jury that indicted Sandusky. Both stepped down from their posts Sunday, Curley taking a temporary leave and Schultz retiring. They appeared Monday in a Harrisburg courtroom, where a judge set bail at $75,000. They weren't required to enter pleas.

Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly said Paterno is not a target of the investigation into how the school handled the accusations. But she refused to say the same for the university president, Graham Spanier.

"All I can say is again, I'm limited to what's contained in the presentment, and that this is an ongoing investigation," Kelly said.

State police Commissioner Frank Noonan said that although Paterno may have met his legal requirement to report suspected abuse by Sandusky, "somebody has to question about what I would consider the moral requirements for a human being that knows of sexual things that are taking place with a child." {Like keeping this Cunt employed for nearly ten more years. Do rape charges just . . . disappear, Joe?}

At a news conference, Noonan and Kelly were peppered with questions about whether Paterno was given details about what graduate assistant Mike McQueary — now the team's wide receivers coach — saw on the night of March 1, 2002. {Who also did not seem too particularly concerned the Cunt was still employed and nothing done . . . for . . . ten years.}

The grand jury report said McQueary was in the locker room that night to put away some new sneakers when he heard "rhythmic, slapping sounds" and looked into the showers.

He reportedly saw a naked boy, about 10 years old, with his hands against the wall as Sandusky subjected him to anal sex. McQueary left immediately and first contacted his father before calling Paterno the next morning and then meeting at Paterno's home.

Think about that for a moment.

1. Ten year old boy? Check.
    2. Naked? Check.
    3. Anal Rape? Check.
    4. Do Not Alert the Police? Check.

But let us continue:

Exactly what was said during that meeting is unclear from the grand jury record, which states that Paterno called Curley the next day to tell him McQueary had seen Sandusky "in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy."

". . . or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy." Well . . . at least it was not anything serious or something. Excuse me whist I attempt "something of a sexual nature" with this girl outside my door. . . .

[This article continues from the locked ward of a local hospital.--Ed.]

I guess that is not very legal. Forgive me, but it is hard to type handcuffed, with broken fingers, and eyes Maced [Tm.--Ed.]. . . .

For that is what happens in the real world . . . but what am I writing?! College football--the realm of "Student Athletes"--is about as far from the real world as one can metaphorically and hyperbolically imagine thing.

I digress. . . .

Paterno released a statement Sunday in which he said he was not told "the very specific actions" contained in the grand jury report, but that McQueary had seen "something inappropriate involving Mr. Sandusky."

Okay . . . let me see:

"Ten Year-Old Boy Anally Raped in Shower" = "Inappropriate"

"If this is true we were all fooled, along with scores of professionals trained in such things, and we grieve for the victims and their families," said Paterno, who has not spoken publicly about the matter. His weekly news conference is Tuesday.

Well, Joe, perhaps your mental faculties went AWOL around the Nixon Administration but did you think that "something of a sexual nature" on a ten year-old boy by one of your main assistants would just . . . go . . . away?

The indictment also cited a 1998 incident in which an 11-year-old boy's mother called university police to complain after learning that her son had showered with Sandusky. A state Department of Public Welfare investigator told the grand jury that Sandusky said he showered naked with the youth and hugged him, "admitted that it was wrong," and promised not to shower with any child again.

And I promise not to try to shower with random female neighbors in the future . . . we square Your Honor?

No?

"All I can say is that investigation was handled by Penn State University's police department," Kelly said. Penn State police said they were not releasing any information about the 1998 case.

Gee whillikers!

Now forgive the levity in an otherwise appalling case but, this is most unfortunate:

Sandusky was described by Keith "Kip" Richeal, co-author of his autobiography "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story," as a loving father of six adopted children

Now, all are innocent until proven guilty . . . understood . . . that is not the issue: the issue is this should have been dealt with nearly a decade ago. Period.

The allegations against Sandusky range from sexual advances to touching to oral and anal sex. The young men testified before the state grand jury that they were in their early teens when some of the abuse occurred; there is evidence even younger children may have been victimized.

Linkypoo: AP

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Re: Penn State Paterno Provides Promotion for Pedophiles. .

Postby ed » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Ah, athletics. In the best Greek tradition.

Wasn't that bishop just indited for not reporting knowledge of child rape?
- new minimalist ethos -

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:50 pm

I get pissed every time I hear some sports talking head call it a "sex scandal". No, it's not a sex scandal, it's a child rape scandal.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

grayman

Postby grayman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:30 pm

You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:06 am

As a local talk show host stated, "When you look into the showers and see a 10-year old being raped, how do you NOT do something to stop it?" He went on to wonder why McQueary did not grab something like a football helmet with which to beat Sandusky half to death on the spot.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:02 am

That has been a theme from a number of talk stations. Former Patriot Troy Brown went on a tirade about how if he had walked in on Sandusky he would have "fucked him up!" The radio station "bleeped" him on-air but left in the "fucked" on the internet stream with a, "we understand how he feels" explanation.

There have been smattering of support which sounds very much like apologists for the Catholic scandals.

Basically, McQueary, Paterno, and others have no excuse. Most are predicting Paterno will be forced out before the next game. His press conference for today was canceled.

As Troy Brown put it, if the NCAA will fine/shut-down a program for giving a player sneakers, what should it do to a program that not only turned a blind eye to child-rape but, frankly, enabled it?

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:20 am

I think what we're seeing here (and this also applies to the Roman Catholic Church and Roman Polanski's artiste pals), is that we tend to underestimate the number of people who are basically OK with child rape even if not into it themselves.

All the rest of the institutional corruption stems from this.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:48 am

In all honesty, I think there is a willingness to allow horrible things to happen to "other people" to preserve an ideal--be it a faith, institution, you name it.

The bottom-line question to ask Paterno or any of his apologists is: Do you think it was the correct response if it was your child being raped?

The attempt to bring in euphemisms to magically soften the acts--from the Grand Jury Report linkypoo'd below:

Paterno testified that the graduate assistant was very upset. Paterno called Tim Curley ("Curley"), Penn State Athletic Director and Paterno's immediate superior, to his home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building [Penn State property.--Ed.] showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy.

So . . . Joe? You are told of "fondling" and "sexual nature to a young boy," and you do . . . nothing? I agree with a number of pundits that Paterno is lying--trying to "soften" what he ignored.

His press conference was cancelled yesterday. Reports are he should be out before the next game. Not enough.

Grand Jury Report

--J.D.

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:47 pm

McQueary should be fired immediately, if not sooner. He was the witness who did not immediately call the police. He was the witness who could have intervened, but chose to shut the door and walk away from a violent crime being committed against a child by an adult.

The talk-show host I previously mentioned also delved into reasons why McQueary and Paterno didn't call the cops. Rationale is that you take these problems to management, that management must be informed first, that management is who should take action, because they are responsible for organization liability, etc. Defends Paterno on that basis. "He told who he was supposed to tell. He didn't witness the attack, so he couldn't call the cops because what if it wasn't true?"

Also wondered if Paterno might have been brought up "not to rat on people." At that point I switched stations, permanently.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:I think what we're seeing here (and this also applies to the Roman Catholic Church and Roman Polanski's artiste pals), is that we tend to underestimate the number of people who are basically OK with child rape even if not into it themselves.

I'm dealing with one of those "over by there." Keeps trying to find excuses for child rape. Cares about the perpetrators, not the victims.

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Postby ed » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:I think what we're seeing here (and this also applies to the Roman Catholic Church and Roman Polanski's artiste pals), is that we tend to underestimate the number of people who are basically OK with child rape even if not into it themselves.

I'm dealing with one of those "over by there." Keeps trying to find excuses for child rape. Cares about the perpetrators, not the victims.

Ask the simple question "what types of violent crimes are excusable?"
- new minimalist ethos -

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:41 pm

Indeed all.

Listened to an WEEI interview with former Patriot Heath Evans--remembered for not being on the Pats teams with SBs only to be sent to the Saints when they got their first SB--the season they literally ass-raped the Pats in New Orleans. He had a "sense of humor" at the time. Anyways, he is an occasional guest because of more important reasons:

Heath Evans Foundation

devoted to victims of sexual abuse. His wife was such a victim. He savages Paterno and the rest for basically feeling their positions and "the program" were more important than children. Good on you, Heath!

Here is the irony: HAD Paterno done "the right thing" way back, he would be remembered as the coach who did NOT tolerate such. Who stepped up to prevent further victims. He would be the Greatest College Coach Evah!

Now he sits with every disgraced "sports hero" who reminds us all just how pathetic "sports heroes" tend to be.

--J.D.

jacks
Title: double dipshit

Postby jacks » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:44 pm

But they call it Happy Valley.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:22 pm

:D

A few people have joked about how "Unhappy" Happy Valley is.

--J.D.

izittrue

Postby izittrue » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:42 pm

Well he is the pope of penn state.
Perhaps they can just send the coach to a different church er school until it blows over. Fuk. Just unbelievable. Or not.
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:44 pm

Pyrrho wrote:I'm dealing with one of those "over by there." Keeps trying to find excuses for child rape. Cares about the perpetrators, not the victims.

I just checked it out.

As we Italians say Ùffa!
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:49 am

And Paterno is fired.

Nice legacy you have now Joe, you piece of shit.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:13 am

Excellent. He claimed, earlier today, that he would retire at the end of the year. Trustees told him to fuck off:

The longtime coach, the winningest in major college football, was ousted at the end of day that began with his announcement to retire at end of the season, his 46th.
It was not to be.

"The university is much larger than its athletic teams," board vice chair John Surma said during a packed press conference.

Paterno and Spanier [School president.--Ed.] were informed by telephone of the unanimous decisions to remove them.

"We were unable to find a way to do that in person without causing further distraction," Surma said.

Linkypoo

This is still a major event on talk shows. For example, Boston sports which should be 24-7 "OMFG Pats have LOST, RED SOX NEED A MANAGER HOw BOuT DEM REBS!" has pretty much covered this with universal disgust. As one person put it when he devoted yesterday to the subject rather than the Patriots--"they lost a game. These kids lost their lives."

I do not think it hyperbole to claim this is the biggest sports scandal ever. Even just in college sports, it overshadows the "pay-for-play" NCAA violations of the past that resulted in "death penalties" for programs. One thing the Trustees did correctly: a Pats Sports Dude wondered how appalled people would be thirty years from now if they see film of "Joe Pa" in his booth during this Saturday's home game. They would wonder how the hell people could let that moment happen. People cheering a coach who--unless you believe Space Aliens were behind the Kardashian Divorce [Available on Blue Ray.--Ed.]--covered up a pedophile is beyond disgusting. At least that will not happen.

Suddenly, Clemens, Bonds, McGuire, Rose? They are just fools. They never, as far as we know, covered up child rape. Okay, that "singer" Clemens did was . . . okay, legal in Texas. . . .

--J.D.

grayman

Postby grayman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:31 am

You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

Evolver

Postby Evolver » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:21 pm

From Penn State to state pen.
The whole coaching staff should go.

Nice thread title, Doc.
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Return to “Sports & Recreation”