Another assistant coach accused of child molestation

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Anaxagoras

Another assistant coach accused of child molestation

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:34 am

And another head coach with major egg on his face:

Syracuse's Boeheim: 'I deeply regret any statements I made'

Note the word "any" instead of "the." The statements he made were thus:
Until Sunday night, Boeheim had been extremely vocal in his support for Fine, calling alleged victims liars who are just seeking attention and money.

Boeheim told ESPN: "I know this kid (Davis), but I never saw him in any rooms or anything. It is a bunch of a thousand lies that he has told. You don't think it is a little funny that his (relative) is coming forward?

On Sunday, news of the third alleged victim broke as well as an audio tape of a conversation between Davis and Fine's wife, Laurie, that was secretly recorded in 2002 by Davis. During the conversation, Laurie seemingly acknowledges that Fine abused Davis and that she thought Fine believed he was "above the law."
Fine has been fired today. Boeheim still has his job for now. AFAIK, this isn't quite the same as the Paterno thing, but calling the alleged victims liars out for money when obviously he didn't know that is pretty foul.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Evolver

Re: Another assistant coach accused of child molestation

Post by Evolver » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:18 pm

J'asyracuse!
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House