Would Even the LAKER Stoop This Low?

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Would Even the LAKER Stoop This Low?

Post by Doctor X » Sat May 03, 2014 3:39 am

I am sure a Cunt such as My Bitch justine admires a Cunt like Sterling.

At least, that is what I can make out from the whimpering from the Cornfield.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL Champions!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun May 04, 2014 8:24 am

Rob Lister wrote:I kept wondering how a guy like this gets awards from the NAACP.
(Newser) – The NAACP president who planned to honor Clippers owner Donald Sterling with a lifetime achievement award—and said the organization could forgive his racist remarks—has decided to step down. "The legacy, history and reputation of the NAACP is more important to me than the presidency," Leon Jenkins said in a statement explaining his resignation as president of the Los Angeles chapter. The chapter, which plans to return $45,000 it received in donations for Sterling, honored him with a similar award in 2009, USA Today notes. The national NAACP says it is now "developing guidelines for its branches to help them in their award selection process."
http://www.newser.com/story/186252/naac ... honor.html

They sell their awards. 'Cept now they have guidelines.
Doctor X wrote:The Stephen A. Smith rant on this: "How do you get two 'life-time achievement awards?!'" is hilarious and apt. In it he "takes my people to task" on this very issue since the racism of Sterling was not exactly a well-kept secret in the business community. The sad truth of this is an organization like . . . well . . . The NAACP should have been on the forefront of this years ago.

I liked his response to a Boston Sports Dudes' "Are you going to get blow-back from this?"

Smith: Yes. And when I care I will give you a call.

:)

--J.D.
About Leon Jenkins (the guy who resigned over this):
http://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/th ... ith-awards
The organization is run by Jenkins, a former Michigan state judge who was defrocked for taking bribes from the bench and bringing “grave dishonor” upon the judiciary. Jenkins was also barred from practicing law in Michigan and California. Just this month, California rebuffed his appeal to return to practicing law.
As to why Sterling made these donations, he would regularly buy ads in local newspapers touting these awards:

So he also spent money advertising his "philanthropy" such as it is.

Judging by the character of those involved, it is quite obviously a racket.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun May 04, 2014 8:41 am

I am reminded of a scene from In the Heat of the Night where Detective Tibbs visits a plantation/industry owner. Prior to this scene most men treat Tibbs as shit. The famous "You will call me 'Mr. Tibbs.'" line comes from white policemen calling him "boy" until they realize he is actually important.

Unlike them, the plantation owner-man is all respectable, calling him "Mr. Tibbs" and offering him lemonade. True "Southern Gentleman"--with black maid, of course--until Tibbs asks him a question he does not like.

He slaps Tibbs who responds by slapping him back.

He demands of the Sheriff that he take action on a black man slapping him.

Sterling is this man. All willing to pretend to be progressive if it gets him something, but black people and other minorities are just slaves to him. People who "work for him," commodities. The man in the movie acts all nice because he has to and expect the black man to tip his cap, and scurry away all grateful a white man was so nice to him.

How dare . . . how DARE! . . . a black man treat him for the condescending elitist racist piece of shit he is! It is clear from the scene, that absent the need to appear all gentlemanly, the guy would be happy to just have the black detective taken out-back, beaten, then lynched.

It seems the Piece of Shit Former Owner is now whining about how he wished he had "paid off" his gold digger.

Yeah.

That is the issue.

Sure.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL Champions!!!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun May 04, 2014 8:46 am

As for the other issue, I am reminded of a discussion I have previously pontificated upon. A few years ago, the ESPN "30 for 30" group did a special on the "Fab-5"--five players in an NCAA basketball team that was going to go and win everything . . . but did not. They lost to Duke--an actual university with pretense to academics. The "issue" was that one of the players, in an interview back during the time, referred to the Duke players as "Uncle Toms." For, you know, attending white universities, learning, and all of that.

And hell broke loose.

I will spare the whole crapolla, but a Sports Station I listen to had a number of black players such as Troy Brown on. I must agree, I thought "The Insult" was the "N-Word."

No.

As a few noted with hushed tones, if you are black, and you want to insult another black man, you do not call him "N[CENSORED--Ed.]r" or similar slurs, you call him an "Uncle Tom."

The NCAAP leader?

He is an "Uncle Tom."

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Harikrish
BANNED

Post by Harikrish » Sun May 04, 2014 8:12 pm

Doctor X wrote:I am sure a Cunt such as My Bitch justine admires a Cunt like Sterling.

At least, that is what I can make out from the whimpering from the Cornfield.

--J.D.
You say the same thing after every mouthful of his cum.

Harikrish
BANNED

Post by Harikrish » Sun May 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Doctor X wrote:Lower than paying a rapist mil[Get on with it!--Ed.]

Right, for those who are not bless'd with having been spawn or spat into Obama's America, the LA Clippers are a unique team. They play in the same facility as the Lakers.

They have won nothing. They have been a perfect example of a team the ownership has been happy to just make enough money with a "fuck 'm" attitude to fans. I am unaware of any similar situation where one has such an example of a premier team and "red-headed step-child" in the same sport and city. The Mets have their own stadium--and have won a World Series--fuck you!

The Jets share with the fuck you Giants and did, once, win a Super Bowl. They have made the playoffs often fuck you.

Both the Black White Sox and Cubs had long periods of doom--the "doom" continues for the Cubs--but both teams have made it to playoffs, have devoted fans--whom hate one another.

The Clippers? Why would someone be a Clippers fan? "Because you hate ball-hogging rapists!" Sure . . . but then you have not seen the Clippers play.

The NBA is structured so that the worse teams get the top picks in the draft. The NBA is one sport where "one player" can dominate. This is why teams go in such extreme cycles--see Lebron in Cleveland. Where is Cleveland now? Where was it before? The Thing prequel even made fun of the Cavs. Yet, despite this yearly largess, the Clippers have had one winning season in the last ten years.

Heck, Celtics fans still laugh about sending a Then-Malcontent to the "nunnery" of the Clippers to get broken and lame . . . and stoned . . . Bill Walton who then won the Sixth Man Award.

But now the Clippers are winning games. They have a few good players--more than one. People are starting to take them seriously . . . no, actually, they are not but they have stopped guffawing and other teams have stopped marking their calender's with "Night Off" when they play them.

So, if you are the Clippers, and you have a devoted fan . . . a fan who makes Red Sox Pink Hats and MFY Fans blush at "exuberance" . . . what do you do?

You publicly humiliate him, of course:
Up until this season, fans of the Los Angeles Clippers have had little to root, what with the decades of losing, an owner who paid the largest out-of-court housing discrimination settlement ever (plus a whole lot of other incidents), and a general sense that the team only cared about making money. For 15 years, though, one man has devoted himself to the franchise with a passion that far outstrips his return on investment.

Clipper Darrell, who wears a ridiculously awesome (or awesomely ridiculous) blue-and-red suit and once organized a fan demonstration to woo LeBron James to Staples Center, is quite possibly the loudest and most passionate superfan in the NBA. This year, with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin leading the team to legitimate championship contention, he's finally seeing results on the court.

Most teams, given this situation, would celebrate their good fortune with their biggest fans, and possibly even reward them for years of loyalty. However, the Clippers operate by different rules. And so, in a move that makes very little sense to any observers, they've asked Clipper Darrell to drop the team association from his name and stop doing interviews related to the franchise.

Linkypoo
would even the Jets treat "Fireman Ed" with such disrespect? The Indians That-Guy-with-the-Drum?

--J.D.
Let's not get too judgemental. What would a cocksucker like you know or care.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun May 04, 2014 8:55 pm

Racist Cunt justine loses.

I win.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Harikrish
BANNED

Post by Harikrish » Sun May 04, 2014 10:16 pm

Doctor X wrote:Racist Cunt justine loses.

I win.

--J.D.
What, another mouthful?

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun May 04, 2014 10:32 pm

Racist Cunt justine loses.

I win.

But I always do.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed May 07, 2014 5:38 am

"Sir, the question was, is this your handwriting?"
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... adies.html
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed May 07, 2014 5:52 am

To quote Steven Wright, "If it were a movie it would be a bad movie 'cause nobody would believe it."

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon May 12, 2014 3:24 am

Meanwhile, Donald Cuntling is "apologizing" and stating that this is his first mistake in 35 years.

Fuck you.

His wife--who claims The Donald is "demented"--says she will fight the ouster of her soon-to-be-divorced husband. However, the constitution of the league states that if 3/4ths of the owners vote to kick out a majority owner--all other owners go as well. So, according to the NBA rules, which the fucktard agreed to, if the Fucktard goes . . . all minority owners go as well . . . and that includes all minority owners such as the wife.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Wed May 14, 2014 10:25 am

3/4ths of the owners of all teams or that team?

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed May 14, 2014 2:52 pm

Three-fourths of the majority owners. Minority owners do not get a vote.

By becoming an owner, minority or majority, you agree to this.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Wed May 14, 2014 3:06 pm

Doctor X wrote:Three-fourths of the majority owners. Minority owners do not get a vote.

By becoming an owner, minority or majority, you agree to this.

--J.D.
:?:

Wait, what?

Sorry for the density.

So teams A, B, C, D each have a single majority owner and many minority owners.

Majority owner of A, B and C vote D out, meaning every owner of D must sell?

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed May 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Yup.

According to the agreements they all agree to to have any ownership of a franchise. This is how the former Dictator Commissioner David Stern was able to slather about fines and threats without an owner hauling his ass into court claiming "freedom of speech": they agreed to give him that power. The NBA has made this clear: according to the rules, his wife has no saying whatsoever.

Now . . . can/will this be challenged in court? Of course it will. However, other than try to drag this out, I do not expect the NBA to fail on this.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri May 30, 2014 1:21 am

Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will be the next owner for $2 billion.

Sterling paid $12.5 million for the team in 1981. Even adjusting for inflation, a pretty nifty profit.

Adjusting for inflation he paid about $34 million in 2014 dollars.

So, a 59-fold ROI from the sale alone. Plus whatever profits he pocketed over the decades.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri May 30, 2014 1:34 am

Yeah. Now I believe--I have not listened to the full reports because tHE GAMe is ON!!1!!! and I actually had "things to do"--"'lemmatic reconfiguration?' The fuck?"--this was through the wife. As of yesterdays, the Cunt claimed he was going to fight this. Some Sports Lawyers Dudes discussed the likelihood he had a case and basically came down to "in theory . . . yes . . . in reality . . . no!" but that it could take years to decide.

So I do not know if he has rescinded his opposition.

*Looks*

Unfortunately cannot watch video, but on ESPN it states--from the above Steven A. Smith--that Balmer signed a deal "with the family." So perhaps that will do it.

"Sports Lawyer Dudes" trying to "make a case" for the Cunt noted he could try to argue that he was unfairly treated in that, say, other owners were merely fined. However, even they conceded that he signed the contract that gave the league the power and an owner badmouthing officials is HARDLY comparable to what this idiot did. His comments directly threatened the league. It became clear that players considered boycotting the playoffs--and not just players for the Clippers. I am sure they would all be happy to testify in a civil case in support of the defense that Sterling harmed the league and would harm the league in a material fashion. Hell, I would not be surprised if next year, if this was still going on, if ALL of the team players would have a temporary boycott to demonstrate this of the first few games.

Reality probably set in.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri May 30, 2014 1:52 am

I think his "opposition" may have only been for bargaining leverage.

I mean, even if your only goal is to get the highest price possible, it makes sense to feign reluctance.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri May 30, 2014 1:54 am

Also, if the Sterlings were still owners next season, the fans might boycott.
William Shakespeare