Would Even the LAKER Stoop This Low?

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Would Even the LAKER Stoop This Low?

Postby Doctor X » Fri May 30, 2014 2:45 am

Indeed.

ESPN is reporting on the crawl that this is a binding agreement between the "Sterling Family Trust"--whatever the hell that is--and the new owner. It also claims that this is going straight to the NBA for approval. It further claims that Sterling has no say in this. I can only gather that Sterling set it up that way which is curious given his screaming yesterday. Perhaps he wished to drive up the price further? His capital gains taxes will be . . . a lot.

Meanwhile, Sterling passes Obama in a recent poll as "The Most Hated Man in America."

--J.D.

P.S. Well apparently there is a Sterling Family Trust which included Shelly and which has stipulations regarding the competence of members. Donald has been declared incompetent which means he does not have a say in the decision of the trust. Shelly actually becomes the sole trustee and does not need his input to sell the team.

No idea on how valid that is. For example, if Sterling has a dementia, well . . . there you go. Being "frontal lobe released"--such as having impaired judgement and spewing forth racist opinion--is a part of dementia certainly. I would say we may have to retract some of our condemnation, but Sterling has had a decades-long history of racist. Dementia only removed the filter.

That assumes he has such a condition. If he does not I suppose he could challenge the decision of the trust . . . so . . . moar lawyers!111! :hyper:

However, as Stephen A Smith noted, this is an interesting situation for the owners. If this is all approved before Tuesday, then the owners do not have to vote. Even if it is a secret ballot, the report of a non-unanimous vote to remove Sterling will be enough to piss-off players. They will want to know who did not vote to dump him.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:34 am

Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:41 am

But even if he wins in court, he’s ultimately winning a judgment against himself because his wife Shelly Sterling has agreed to indemnify the NBA against all lawsuits, including by her husband, the individual said.

:)

Nobody should buy tickets or sign any deals for next season until this is resolved.
He doesn't seem to realize that the value of the franchise depends on who owns it.
Let them play to empty arenas if he still owns the team.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:50 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:09 pm

Nothing another billion on the price tag won't solve.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Return to “Sports & Recreation”