The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge X

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge X

Postby Doctor X » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:21 am

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:01 am

Okay, as Deflategate moves to "Wells, explain yourself," and Pete "I NEVER Bet on Baseball . . . Okay . . . I NEVER Bet on My Own Games . . . as a PLAYER . . . as a Manager Okay . . . But NEVER as a Player" Rose discovers that his Mob-Connected Bookie's records which he felt would remain sealed just became available to Outside the Lines and, Image , show he bet a shit-load and lost a shit-load on baseball as a player, I heard a rumor that Pats players were intentionally placing their SB rings on their middle fingers.

You decide!

but:

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Postby Rob Lister » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Doc, I just watched that story on espn go
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... layer-1986

Pretty damning evidence but it wasn't like further evidence was really needed. I wonder if he'll do another interview? I suppose there goes his gig on Fox. Or maybe not. I don't suppose their ratings will be less with him on after this further demonstration of fact.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:21 pm

The one thing that those who recognize Rose for what he is and always was could use against the apologists is he never, ever, admitted he was wrong until cornered. So for years he denied the charges. He had been confronted by the evidences--thanks!--at the time of his suspension. He offered no real defense. How could he? But, publicly, he denied the charges, blamed the soon-to-be-late commissioner, and all of that.

Then it became clear as the clock ran out on his eligibility for the HoF--he was not actually eligible due to his ban but there was a time period for players to make the votes--he then he admitted it as a manager but "never against Cincinnati!" He and his apologists retreated back to "it did not affect the game!" crap.

So every year, as the HoF votes came around, we got subjected to another debate on him.

Budd "Steroids? What are Those?" Selig years ago when Rose finally admitted to some culpability stated he would be the one to decide on reinstatement. That it never, ever, happened suggests the stink was just too great for even Selig to ignore. I guess the Steroid Era also pushed Rose to the back burner of the "Do They Belong in the HoF" debate as Barry Roids, Fat Unctuous Toad, and No Speekee Engleesh Oh Shit the Insane Congressman Speaks Spanish? all came up.

Now, to quote the Real Protagonist of The House of Cards: "Are you familiar with the saying, 'Beware of an old man in a hurry?'" Rose is the "old man in a hurry." He is no longer the most controversial player. People are debating the cheaters--some very furiously.

This should shut up the few who still care about him.

--J.D.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:48 pm

Here we see Pete clinging to his inflatable life raft.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:58 pm

He matched his shoes to her lipstick. . . .

--J.D.

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:09 am

I will say this about MLB. If they think he should be banned for life for anything baseball, it sure is odd of them to invite him to the all star game, one could even say hypocritical and destructive to the integrity.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:05 am

From The Your Humble--but MagNIfIcent--Dictator Has Not Fapped to Super Bowl 49 in the Last Few Weeks Department:

What with being distracted by all of that Glorious Red Sox excellence . . . Image

Interesting article from The Man Who was Suppose to Catch The Pass [All Rights Reserved by the NFL.--Ed.]:

I can’t watch the film. I absolutely can’t stand to see it. People have told me it was the perfect interception. People have told me there’s a camera angle where it looks like I’m about to walk right into the endzone. People have told me all sorts of things about the last play of Super Bowl XLIX. I wouldn’t know. Whenever it comes on, I turn away.

I have the whole thing in my head anyway, second by second. I remember going into the huddle, and Russell Wilson is just looking at everybody like, Here we go. This is it. I truly believed we were about to win. There wasn’t a doubt in my mind. You can’t look at Russ and not believe. I’ve never been around a more confident person. He calls a play we’d practiced all year. We ran it three times during the season in the same situation, to 100 percent completion. Perfect. Unstoppable play. Except that means Dark Hoodie has seen you run it in that very situation as well.

The play always goes to me. I think, Well, damn. Here we go. Let’s win the Super Bowl. I jog to the line and the stadium is deafening. I look across the line. Darrelle Revis follows Doug Baldwin to the other side. We have the matchup we want. Before I have time to think or be nervous, the ball is snapped. I take off. Jermaine Kearse sets the pick in front of me, just like we’ve done it a hundred times. And Dark Hoodie knows this. I’m looking at Russ … I’m looking at Russ … I see the ball coming.

I see that ball coming, man. I’ll never stop seeing it.

The next thing I know, I’m on the turf on my knees. I’m looking around like, Okay, it’s incomplete? To be fair, I thought the same thing at the time :| I look across to the Patriots’ sideline, and I see Tom Brady jumping up and down. And then I look across to our sideline and I see our guys with this blank look, with their heads dropped.

I will never forget that pain. Never.

Ricardo Lockette: The Players Tribune

Very good and interesting read from an undrafted player. As he and similarly undrafted player Doug Baldwin would remind each other when they get tired: "Undrafted. They about to cut your ass." I particularly like:

People would come up to me after we lost and be like, “Well, you know, Malcolm Butler made a perfect play. You just gotta tip your cap to him.”

That’s ridiculous. That’s like saying someone shot your brother, but it was a really good shot. It doesn’t make it hurt any less.

Though this is why he and the Seahawks will fail in the future:

I was standing there looking out at the ocean for a long time, and Russ [Russel Wilson, who threw the interception.--Ed.] walked up to me. It was the first time we’d seen each other since the Super Bowl. I told him how I’d been having a lot of sleepless nights. He said him, too. Then he looked at me and said, “We’re going to get back there, and if we’re in that same position again, I’m going to throw you the ball again.

Somewhere, Dark Hoodie thinks "Goooooooood!"

--J.D.

Return to “Sports & Recreation”