The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge X

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:02 am

That is the most animated His Billness has sounded in years. :D I think in the same interview one of the interviewers asked, "Are you on to Indianapolis?" referring to the Combine.

I noticed on replays that a Pat pushes Butler forward to the ground. Now, I had wondered if Butler should have taken it in the end zone so the Pats would have the ball on the 20. There was the danger--and the way Pats SBs had been going Image--that Seattle stuffs the Pats forcing a safety . . . or even worse, causes a fumble of the snap! Image

So I see Butler try to run forward. Why? Just be happy you caught the goddamn ball and held on to it! And why the hell is Hightower pushing you into the turf? I thought he wanted to make sure no one stripped Butler of the ball.

Well, most likely Butler had no idea where he was when he caught the ball. IF he was outside the End Zone, if he gets tackled IN the End Zone that IS a safety and welcome to the Possible Nightmare Scenario. So he made sure to run a bit forward while Hightower made sure to push him forward and "down" him outside the End Zone.

To answer my own question:

[youtube]U7rPIg7ZNQ8[/youtube]

It sure looks like he is really close to having caught it on the goal line. So kudos to Butler for having that extra attention to move forward.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:39 am

Excuse. . . .

Nation Prepares For Long Week Of Seeing Photos Of Tom Brady Lifting Super Bowl Trophy

WASHINGTON—Bracing themselves for what they know will be a long and arduous week, millions of Americans across the nation expressed their frustration Tuesday as they prepared to be continuously inundated with photos of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady lifting the Super Bowl trophy. “Well, this is gonna suck,” Omaha, NE resident Paul Webb said before opening his web browser, explaining that as soon as he opens any given sports website, he will inevitably be met with a giant picture of Brady holding up the Lombardi Trophy after the Super Bowl or during the Patriots’ championship parade. “It’ll be really annoying having to immediately scroll down just so I don’t have to see that smug asshole’s face smiling back at me while he wears a ‘Super Bowl XLIX Champions’ hat and confetti rains down around him, but I guess I don’t have a choice unless I toss my phone in the garbage and go live in the woods for the next seven days. The worst will be those grids of him hoisting four different Super Bowl trophies—Christ, even the thought of that makes me want to fucking puke.” The U.S. populace did, however, reportedly take some solace in realizing that the constant barrage of photos and articles about Brady and the Patriots doesn’t represent a drastic departure from the media’s normal, everyday sports coverage.

The Onion . . . of Course

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Captain
Title: Captain

Postby Captain » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:33 am

Well boys now that they're all done playin' grab-ass, I'm unsticking this topic to let some of the other dirt rise to the top of the ditch.
You run one time, you got yourself a set of chains. You run twice you got yourself two sets. You ain't gonna need no third set, 'cause you gonna get your mind right.

Boss Paul
Title: Boss

Postby Boss Paul » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:13 am

And you don't want us finding your dirt in the Captain's ditch.
Get the wax outta your ears!

You call the Captain "Captain!"

And you call the rest of us "Boss," you hear?!

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:18 am

New Deflategate theory: Colts deflated ball after Jackson’s pick

Deflategate may now have more conspiracy theories than the Kennedy assassination. Here’s the latest: It was the Colts, not the Patriots, who deflated a football in the AFC Championship Game.

Several reports have indicated that the Colts first noticed that the Patriots were deflating footballs when linebacker D’Qwell Jackson intercepted a Tom Brady pass and the ball felt flat. The new conspiracy theory is that after Jackson’s interception, the Colts took some air out of that football on their own sideline before handing it over to the officials to have it tested.

ProFootball Talk: Reporting on Adam Schefter

Apparently, "unnamed football sources which includes coaches not named God Emperor of Doom" have opined that this is the most likely explanation and they believe Indy is guilty.

Got my eyes on the road, Boss.

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:27 am

Is the NFL still "investigating" or have they made an official ruling yet?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:08 am

Anaxagoras wrote:Is the NFL still "investigating" or have they made an official ruling yet?

They are "still investigating" and "awaiting for the report." However, the massive contradiction of the leak that "ALL THE BALLS WERE DEFLATED!!!11!!!" and this has caused even some of the most vocal Pats critics to shut up. Hilariously, Rice tweeted about how all of Brady's Super Bowls are "tainted" because he cheats. Welcome to the Time of Interwebz: tons of people posted Rice's interview where he proudly declares how he used illegal "stickum" spray on his gloves all the time.

Rice removed the tweet.

Brady --> :De_Bunk: <-- Rice

Now I would have put this conspiracy in the OBAMABUSH9/11 File, but, apparently, it is not being so easily dismissed. One can only imagine what happens if it turned out to be true. Fines, draft picks, and suspensions will surpass Bountygate. The biggest "loser" would be Andrew Luck since it will only weaken a team around him that has been unable to beat the best teams at critical times.

If I were not a Pats Fan I would still consider rooting for it just to be true to watch the apocalyptic level explosion. Pats-Hating Fanboy Commentators were originally calling for Belichick's firing and Tom Brady's suspension--to the point of neither playing in the Super Bowl and all of that.

What will they demand if this happens to be true?

Those Haters will probably demand nothing but still . . . :hyper:

--J.D.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:29 am

More from The Onion:

Brady’s critics also reportedly committed to offering up nothing but arduous praise for Peyton Manning in the future, noting that the Denver Broncos quarterback would have undoubtedly won more Super Bowls than Brady if he’d just had better coaches throughout his career.

Resilient Tom Brady Critics Already Looking Ahead

“I mean, the look on his face right after I made him throw that pick on the goal line was just priceless. He’s so fucking annoying, so I wanted to get his hopes up and then crush him in front of the whole world. Self-righteous little prick.” Despite subsequently allowing the Patriots to win their fourth Super Bowl title, God also clarified that Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and Robert Kraft are all “dirty fucking cheats” who will spend an eternity in Hell after they die.

God: Fuck Russel Wilson!

--J.D.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Not as if the Pats front office was texting to the coaches during the game.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:39 pm

Only an idiot would do that.

What?

--J.D.

izittrue

Postby izittrue » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:14 am

jacks wrote:Congratulations Tiosylanyl, Doc X thank you for hosting another great season it was good fun.

Indeed. Wait till next year. Go Bears!!
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

gnome

Postby gnome » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:08 am

So, what movie already?!
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Tiosylanyl
Title: The Three-eyed Raven

Postby Tiosylanyl » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:42 am

gnome wrote:So, what movie already?!

Tiosylanyl wrote:
Hey, I've got six months or so to mull on it.

:nutkick:

gnome

Postby gnome » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:01 pm

:HoppingMad:
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

grayman

Postby grayman » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:14 pm

You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:42 am

Doctor X wrote:Radrick puts it this way: "I would vote it as a firing. He wouldn't be leaving if he hadn't been asked to leave."

It seemed clear that if he did not find another job he would not be back.

--J.D.

It's official now (not that it matters, but might as well be on record).

Jim Harbaugh says he didn't leave the 49ers by choice

"I didn't leave the 49ers. The 49ers hierarchy left me," Harbaugh said during the 30-minute interview. He said that he didn't want to put the 49ers in a bad spot, which is why the parting of ways was technically mutual. He also went on to confirm that he was told that he would be let go at the end of the season following a loss to the Seattle Seahawks in Week 15.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:09 am

Ah yeah! I just so happened to see the report on either NFL Network or ESPN when I opened your post. I rather suspected there would be no way a coach of a competitive team would leave unless fired. Made no sense.

On other news . . . after watching the last minute for like the 37th [37?--Ed.] time, Butler did land in front of the goal line so it was good presence of mind the he tried to run forward and other pushed him forward. Now whether or not a ref would have called it a safety if he came down in the endzone given his momentum is anyone's guess.

In Other News: Both Chris Carter and Michael "The BRILLIANCE . . . of . . . Bill Belichick!" Irving separately slammed Rice trying to excuse his cheating by applying "Stickum" to his gloves. Unlike "Deflategate" adding such rather does confer a material advantage.

While I rooted for the Niners after October--when the Pats were eliminated :( --just to have some team to root for which was not a Cowboy, I have to add an "astericks" to their championships.

Given the steroid use of the Squeelers we can, of course, remove all of their championships.

Which means . . . excuse while I take another hit . . . only the Patriots have a legitimate Dynasty.

What?

--J.D.

P.S. Go and watch the 30-30 documentary on the 1980 Russian Olympic Team:

[youtube]u10ESglNdpg[/youtube]

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:28 am

This could go into a Daily Fail thread but . . .

ESPN Outside the Lines reported that a Patriots locker room attendant in charge of the officials locker room "was caught attempting to introduce an unapproved kicking ball" in the AFC title game.

DADDDDAAAAAADDAAAA!!!!!!!!

Reporter was all over morning radio proclaiming that though she was not trying to "insinuate anything" but that "it was a fact" that "he tried to introduce an unapproved ball." Notice her repeated use of "tried to introduce" as in "not a mistake."

DDDDDDaaaaDDDDDAAAADDDAAT-DAH!!!

She interviewed a former ref who claimed that it was "utterly unusual" that this employee would be seen on the field, tossing balls to Tom Brady, et cetera.

DAAAAADDDDDATDDDDDDAAAAA!

Actual "football insider" of ESPN Adam Schefter then utterly destroyed this poor girl's report. Every . . . detail.

Official interviewed stated that the employee did "nothing unusual" and you "see it all the time." Official interviewed by the reporter had previously been . . . fired.

Then he continued to reveal that a LEAGUE--NFL--Official gave the DADDDATTTDAAAA!!!! "Unapproved ball" to the Pats Dude instructing him to introduce it in the game.

Said Official has already been fired for stealing balls. See, the NFL sells these used balls for charity. A ball was noticed missing by ANOTHER official so, apparently, the fired official tried to introduce an unapproved ball to fix the numbers.

Yup.

Cue clown music.

What? No Linkypoo? ESPN has expunged all reports. It lead the morning news but now . . . nothing on ESPN.

So here is what Karen Guregian of the Boston Daily Male Herald summarizes it:

First, there was an ESPN "Outside the Lines" report Tuesday night that brought new information to the table with respect to the controversy, but really didn't add all that much in the final analysis.

Among the new items, ESPN reported Patriots locker room attendant Jim McNally tried to introduce an unapproved special teams football into last month's AFC Championship Game.

Then, on the heels of that supposed nugget, ESPN.com's Adam Schefter reported that the NFL had fired an employee who sold footballs that were used in that same AFC Championship Game — footballs that later became the source of the entire Deflategate saga.

But guess what? The two breaking stories now appear to be connected, and not in a way that paints the league in the best light.

Schefter explained the footballs used in the game were supposed to be donated to charity, but that one employee took some footballs and sold them instead.

Schefter suggested the fired official took out the real ball for a fake one, which was handed to an unsuspecting McNally.

Moreover, Ted Wells, who is the lead investigator in the case, supposedly has all of this on film.

Talk about opening up a can of worms. What a mess.

If true, Schefter basically blew the basis of the earlier report out of the water. Essentially, the crux of that report was that McNally tried, unsuccessfully, to get an unapproved ball into the game, which raised some red flags. That inspired NFL's vice president of game operations, Mike Kensil, who was on hand, to head down to the officials locker room to test the 12 balls used by the Patriots offense.

According to the report, Kensil personally checked the PSI levels of all 12 footballs the Patriots had for use on offense and found that 11 of those 12 were underinflated by "one to two pounds."

Whether those balls were underinflated by natural causes or on purpose has yet to be determined, as the league is still investigating.

Bottom line? The more we find out, the crazier it becomes.

Boston Herald

--J.D.

Edited to actually provide the link.--Ed.]
Last edited by Doctor X on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:56 am

pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:02 am

Interesting.

Those were on the main page--apparently--and no longer are. They are also no longer on the "crawl" of ESPN.

Further, This is not on the main page of Outside the Lines yet it demolishes the initial report. This is "in flux."

--J.D.

Return to “Sports & Recreation”