Josh Gordon Suspe......Fuck that, let's talk about Ray Rice.

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Re: Josh Gordon Suspe......Fuck that, let's talk about Ray R

Postby Rob Lister » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:14 am

Doctor X wrote:. . . and now . . . NOW--see what I did there?--is calling for Go(o)dell's resignation.

--J.D.

But who to replace him.

Condie Rice has expressed great interest. :)
https://www.google.com/search?q=Condie+ ... er&spell=1

If she can't be prez, at least she can do the next most useful thing for our nation.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:05 pm

In all seriousness she just might do a better job than Goodell.

It is funny: he hates Belichick for being arrogant. If he does not survive this it will be because he is arrogant.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Rob Lister

Postby Rob Lister » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:36 am

Doctor X wrote:In all seriousness she just might do a better job than Goodell.

I think it would be a waste of talent, but if she can run interference for the NSA and State, and a very inarticulate President to boot--and do all that without getting seriously blamed for much of anything--handling a Ray Rice situation with grace ought to be cake.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:58 am

You know, that sounds like a great idea for the NFL.

Another one of those funny coincidences she shares the same surname with Ray-Ray.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:15 pm

The Only Thing Unusual About Ray And Janay Rice Is That Anyone Noticed

http://deadspin.com/the-only-thing-unus ... 1633583402

Get angry at what Ray Rice did and get angry at what Roger Goodell didn't do, but please don't be surprised by any of it. Not by the hit, not by the blatant attempts to make it look like it was the woman's fault, not by Rice saying he would never do it again, not even by his wife taking him back. From the beginning, the Ray Rice saga has recapitulated everything awful about how domestic violence plays out in America. It has followed the script perfectly.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:04 pm

All the way to an authority not taking it seriously.

The head Pats Sports Dude spent some time discussing the issue since his wife worked in a women's shelter for a number of years. He reviewed a lot of the security involved, how it is often a "last resort" for women who then are basically cut off from society. How abusive men make sure everything is in their name so if the woman tries to drive away he can claim she stole his car. Anyways, one of his points was how in the past the general attitude was to "make these kids work it out." Particularly in a small town where "everyone knows everyone else."

So I hear and have heard people say that "since she forgave him" we all ought to leave these kids alone.

Much of what the Pats Dude did was discuss how the most dangerous time for the woman is when she leaves. Jerry Remey's utter useless fat roid Cunt of a son stabbed his girlfriend to death when she finally decided to leave him. This was, of course, after Massachusetts justice ignored the problem for years. That includes a female prosecutor whom, of course, Massachusetts just re-elected. Because in Massachusetts, they re-elect their mayors if they are in prison.

Such attitudes are what perpetuate such crimes. Going totally off tangent--this is a very nice red--Anita Sakraiesiaasiackan should, perhaps, concentrate on this issue rather than the made up "Games = RAPEMURDERDEATH!!1! . . . when she plays them" issue. Of course, this would require actual work on her part.

I digress.

So basically you have The Sheriff being the ignorant marriage councillor--believing the now-wife's "confession of guilt" in the matter.

Then came the great comparison. Apparently, people have seen the infamous "Spygate" video which show . . .

. . . wait for it . . .

. . . close ups of Jets cheerleader's boobs. Yup. Apparently a Fox Sports Dude shows them as a joke at parties.

Coach of Faints suspended for a year--meanwhile, The Sheriff's predecessor tells him he went too far with other suspensions.

A Never Charged Ben Rapesherburgler--6 games down to 4 for not actually raping anyone else.

The Japanese Original subject of this tangent in a way: a year for pot--repeated but still pot.

Punch out your wife/girlfriend into unconsciousness: 2 games.

He has to go.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Rob Lister

Postby Rob Lister » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:03 am

Let me beat this dead horse a little more.

The problem

The fix

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... t-NFL.html

Read it. Seriously.

The push is on.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Rob Lister wrote:Let me beat this dead horse a little more.

The problem

The fix

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... t-NFL.html

Read it. Seriously.

The push is on.

Headline at link:
Backing for Condoleezza Rice to take over scandal hit NFL

The perfect way for her to get back into politics, just in time for the 2016 presidential run.

Tonight I will hunt up some appropriate pics or maybe put together a campaign poster.

Suggested slogan: Like Dick Cheney only HOT! 8)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Starting a new thread in 'Politics'.

viewtopic.php?p=758323#p758323
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:08 pm

Rob Lister wrote:Read it. Seriously.

The push is on.

And now a child abuser is being welcomed back to a team.

Those who dislike the idea of a woman in charge of the NFL have brought it upon themselves.

If Anita Sarkesian had an actual interest in doing something productive she might consider these issues. But that would be work that would require actual results rather than bullshit ideological rhetoric.

--J.D.

Rob Lister

Postby Rob Lister » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:45 am

Doctor X wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:Read it. Seriously.

The push is on.

And now a child abuser is being welcomed back to a team.

And now they are unwelcoming him again.

The Minnesota Vikings have decided to ban star running back Adrian Peterson until the legal issues over him hitting his 4-year-old son with a stick have been resolved. The team—which decided to reinstate him on Monday—has now reversed course and placed him on the exempt-commissioner's permission list, a move that bans him from all team-related activities, reports ESPN. "We have decided this is the appropriate course of action for the organization and for Adrian," the team's owners said in a statement issued early today.
http://www.newser.com/story/196004/team ... erson.html

Stolen ethics.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Indeed.

And the sad, sad, sad part about it is the "jokes" become reality. "He just beat his kid, it's not like he murdered someone," blah . . . blah . . . blah.

As Chris Rock stated about O.J.: "If it was 'Orenthal J. Simpson, the bus driver,' it would be 'Orenthal J. Simpson, convicted murderer.'"

If it was someone other than Adrian Peterson, he would be cut.

People have blown up over Charles "I'm More Ignorant Than the Savage Weiner!" Barkley trying to defend Peterson out of his--Heavens to Betsy--ignorance over the details. Apparently, "in the South," black people--he stated a white reporter would not understand--"whip their kids."

Okay. And I have heard the jokes as well.

They do not abuse them one would hope. There is sort of a reverse racism working with Charles Barkley. He almost implies that black people can only abuse their children. He may not have intended that, but through his stupidity of the details, he basically argued that.

Well, in "some cultures" it is "okay" to genitally mutilate a child.

It is not. This is why I consign "cultural relativists" to the ash heap into which they belong.

Or as another Sports Dude--who is black--noted in response to Charles: "In the South, they use to whip black people a lot. Is that okay, too?"

Fucking tragic all of this, but like an abscess, it needs to be expressed.

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Waiting for some apologist to try the religious persecution angle. After all, this is how the bible says you should discipline your child, is it not?
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:09 am

Anaxagoras wrote:Waiting for some apologist to try the religious persecution angle. After all, this is how the bible says you should discipline your child, is it not?

This is a bit of a stretch, but...

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/woodl ... to-6877229

"When you whip those you love, it's not about abuse, but love," Jackson added, accompanied by her current husband, a Baptist minister. "You want to make them understand that they did wrong."

She said her son is getting help to learn other ways of disciplining since this happened, such as having the child stand in the corner for five minutes.

Jackson said that she would be "so angry with anybody who willfully hurt her grandbabies," whom she says she loves more than her own children.

But she believes Peterson was only trying to discipline his son in the same manner he had been growing up.

"My son is not a perfect man by no means, but in the end I'm proud to be his mom," she said. "For the most part he is trying hard to be a good parent, he's working at it. People are judging him, but they don't know his heart. This was never his intent."

She said she is still in contact with the 4-year-old's mother, through text messages, and feels nothing but love for her. "We're not mad at anybody. She's so sweet," he said of the boy's mother, who lives in Minnesota and is studying to be a nurse. "At the end of the day, we want to protect our children. It happened and so now we as a family need to work things out and move forward."

The saddest part is that she and her son have been barred from any contact with the 4-year-old boy, who had once been an important part of their lives. "But when we talk to her, we can hear him laughing and playing in the background. He sounds happy," she said. "I know his mother has much respect for Adrian. She knows he's a good father, no matter how much people attack his character. Only God can judge us."
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:02 am

Next up:

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer has been deactivated from all team activities following his arrest Wednesday on allegations of aggravated assault.

The arrests stem from two incidents involving a 27-year-old female and an 18-month-old child at Dwyer's home in southeast Phoenix at July 21 at 8 a.m. and July 22 at 4 p.m., according to the Phoenix Police Department. Dwyer, 25, was booked into Maricopa County Jail on Wednesday on one count of aggravated assault causing a fracture, one count of aggravated assault involving a minor, two counts of criminal damage, one count of preventing the use of a phone in an emergency, and assault.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:33 am

NFL: No evidence tape was sent
(A video plays automatically if you click the link)

The NFL on Friday said it had no evidence the Ray Rice elevator tape was ever sent to its offices or received by it, or that a call was made by a woman, from league lines, confirming delivery of the tape.

A league official emailed reporters, including ESPN's Adam Schefter, in response to an Associated Press story Thursday night about a law enforcement official saying he mailed a tape of the Rice incident to Jeffrey Miller, the NFL's senior vice president of security.

"Our office has found absolutely no evidence to support the claim of the anonymous 'law enforcement source' that he sent a video to the NFL office or that he received a telephone call to his 'disposable cell phone' from an unidentified female using an NFL line," the league said.

Miller responded to the AP story on Thursday night in a statement, saying: "I unequivocally deny that I received at any time a copy of the video and I had not watched it until it was made public on September 8."

The NFL has repeatedly said no one with the league saw the violent images until TMZ Sports released the video earlier this month. Former FBI director Robert Mueller is leading an internal investigation at commissioner Roger Goodell's request. The probe is ongoing, and there is no timetable for its completion.
William Shakespeare

Rob Lister

Postby Rob Lister » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:09 am

Miller responded to the AP story on Thursday night in a statement, saying: "I unequivocally deny that I received at any time a copy of the video and I had not watched it until it was made public on September 8."

Unless someone has evidence that he saw that video, then I take him at his word. He didn't use weasle words; his denial was 'unequivocal'.

Normally I would say, 'that is that'. But in this case, the part he [says he] didn't see is the minimum required to effect the part he did see; she was knocked out cold.

IOW, what could that video have otherwise contained that would have justified his original decision?

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Postby ed » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:45 am

Plausible deniability. Not having seen is not the same as not knowing. If he said that he didn't know anything about the contents it would be somewhat different (though I sure wouldn't rule out an outright lie) but he didn't say that, did he? :wink:
- new minimalist ethos -

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:54 am

William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:07 am

Closing eyes to evidence really does not quite count as "I never saw."

"By Roger Godel"

--J.D.

Return to “Sports & Recreation”