NFL not coming back to Los Angeles

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Grammatron

Re: NFL not coming back to Los Angeles

Post by Grammatron » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:01 am

I see haters will be continuing to hate.

That's nice.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:44 pm

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL Champions!!!

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:28 pm

It'll be fun to root for an LA football team. I've never had the opportunity to do so. Both teams left Los Angeles before I immigrated to the USA (yes it's all my fault).

And now that it's the Rams, the stadium is very convenient to get to (both future and temporary venues). Might have to look into season ticket options.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:38 pm

You mean the Patriots went from

to:

after you fled Mother Russia came and durk ur jerbs?

And this:

this:

hell even this:

?

Hmmmmm . . .

There is . . .

EXPLAINS THAT SEPTICS!!!

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL Champions!!!

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:04 pm

No I've been here since mid 90's, so I saw all of Lakers dominance. Obviously the Patriots' as well and recently the LA Kings (incidently, the Kings picked up a former Bruin player who used to be a huge asshole, but I guess we've coached the Boston out of him since he plays well now).

Los Angeles is a better sports town than people give it credit for. However, it's just packed with so many people who are sprawled over a huge area and have divergent interests. That is why you will never get the entire city caring for one team of any sport as much as a smaller city might. But you will still have a very solid market that's willing to support the team and attend games.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:20 am

Grammatron wrote:(incidently, the Kings picked up a former Bruin player who used to be a huge asshole, but I guess we've coached the Boston out of him since he plays well now).
You can take the player out of Mass but you cannot take the Masshole out of the player.

Similarly, Rodney Harrison was despised in San Diego by everyone outside of San Diego. He came to the Pats, blew up some people like A Still Crying Former Ram, and is "beloved."
Los Angeles is a better sports town than people give it credit for. However, it's just packed with so many people who are sprawled over a huge area and have divergent interests. That is why you will never get the entire city caring for one team of any sport as much as a smaller city might. But you will still have a very solid market that's willing to support the team and attend games.
You also get cultural differences in that people who come in from other regions of the country may not be Faker-Fans. But they were the only successful team for a long time. Dodgers have a history of course, but they have not won anything in a very long time. Now if you are not "into" football, it is hard to get into it. This is an argument NFL fans make in England against creating a team for London. The few who love the game already have NFL teams they follow. They are not interested in the "London Monarchs/Tea Swillers/Sodomites" and everyone else watches soccer or sleeps through cricket.

Remember when Dan Ackroyd joked about how LA "needs many things" including "a good hockey" team as Det. Joe Friday in Dragnet? Of course, you could have said the same thing about the Pats at the time. The then Oakland Faiders played the Flats for the "Stupor Bowl" which the Flats won by losing which gave them the 1st round pick that gave them Drew Bledsoe and, ultimately, led to the team not being moved to St. Louis!

Incidentally, on the move, Drew "tweeted" that now his kids will stop staring at him when he says he played against the "LA Rams."

I sort of hate moves unless a team starts in a stupid place--see any hockey team below the Mason-Dixon line. So as bad as the "LA Lambs" were--and they were but see the Pats--I was sorry to see them go.

Because "they sucked" most LA people I knew were 49rs fans for obvious reasons. Had the Lambs not sucked, they would not have moved.

As a smarter commentator on this subject put it the NFL has wanted a team in LA again. "They want to own Los Angeles." Have offices there with a set up for the NFL Network. Super Bowls. All of that.

At least you can claim that the Lambs "came back home." I never liked the Faiders leaving Oakland--does not "fit" their style. Like moving the Jets to, say, Florida. Bleh!

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:00 pm

L.A. is the number 2 TV market in the country.

Even with the rise of the NFL network and national cable, etc., they are not going to give up on that easily.

Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:01 pm

Oh, and I don't generally mind hockey teams in the South (Go STARS!), but . . .

PHOENIX?

A frickin' DESERT?

All kinds of wrong. At least the other pleases can claim cold weather here and there.