Little League World Series: Watching Kids Cry for 70 Years

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Little League World Series: Watching Kids Cry for 70 Years

Postby Doctor X » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:32 pm

. . . or how critics have described the televised Little League WS--well . . . that and "a pedophile's weekend."

Did not pay much attention to this other than a very recent "we consider this a closed issue" on the part of WhoevertheFuck runs the region to all of the complaints from opposing teams. Jokes about the various violations attempted by teams have abounded ever since it became popular beyond immediate parents and, well, "creepy people": through ESPN television.

There have been "kids" who are six feet tall, throw 90+ and have a shaving deal with Gillette. Birth certificate comes from Nigeria.

Nevertheless, in a grand exercise to Really Make Them Cry:

Little League Baseball has stripped the U.S. championship from Chicago-based Jackie Robinson West and suspended its coach for violating a rule prohibiting the use of players who live outside the geographic area that the team represents, it was announced Wednesday.

Jackie Robinson West must vacate wins from the 2014 Little League Baseball International Tournament -- including its Great Lakes Regional and United States championships.

The team's manager, Darold Butler, has been suspended from Little League activity, and Illinois District 4 administrator Michael Kelly has been removed from his position.

The organization found that Jackie Robinson West used a falsified boundary map and that team officials met with neighboring Little League districts in Illinois to claim players and build what amounts to a superteam.

As a result, the United States championship has been awarded to Mountain Ridge Little League from Las Vegas.

Jackie Robinson West isn't the first team to have its Little League title stripped. In 1992, Little League took away the title from Zamboanga, Philippines, and handed it to Long Beach, California, after Zamboanga used several players who lived outside its district or were overage. In 2001, a team from the Bronx that finished third was forced to forfeit its games after pitcher Danny Almonte was revealed to be overage.

ESPN: Chicago

--J. "But There is No Joy in Mudville Illinois" D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Little League World Series: Watching Kids Cry for 70 Yea

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Am I the only one who sees the hideous irony of an all black Little League team being named for Jackie Robinson?

While we're at it, here's an editorial from yesterday's Chi Trib:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Postby corplinx » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:58 pm

But without youth sports leagues, where will our kids learn values and sportsmanship?

Sorry, sorry, I couldn't even finish typing that without laughing. Pee wee sports seems to be the running carbuncle of cheating and derangement.

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:02 pm

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:39 pm

Just goes to prove Hitch was right when he said "Put 'Reverend' in front of your name and you can get away with anything in this country".

Jesse Fucking Jackson indeed.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Postby corplinx » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:57 pm

sparks wrote:Just goes to prove Hitch was right when he said "Put 'Reverend' in front of your name and you can get away with anything in this country".

Jesse Fucking Jackson indeed.

In context, he loathed the Stalinesque airbrushing out of the role of secularist blacks in the civil rights movement thus making it seem like a religious movement which blacks owe their full freedom to.

Passing through Union Station in Washington, D.C., last week, I made my usual nod to the statue of A. Phillip Randolph. You can miss it if you are not looking for it, and it has been allowed to suffer defacement. (The sculpted pair of reading glasses held in the great man's hand was snapped off some years ago and was never replaced.) Randolph built a powerful trade union for black railroad workers and proposed the first march on Washington when Franklin Roosevelt was president. His role in the later civil rights movement was germinal and dynamic. But you never hear his name anymore, and it is not taught to schoolchildren. Nor is the name of Bayard Rustin, a charismatic black intellectual and pioneer of gay rights, who organized the March on Washington in 1963. Along with many other secular democratic heroes, Randolph and Rustin have been airbrushed from history. The easiest way to gain instant acceptance as a black "leader" these days is to shove the word Reverend in front of your name.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ouths.html

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:41 pm

Indeed. By people like Jackson, Sharpton and others. "Just picked it up as though it were their own......"

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:06 am

More:

Sneed exclusive: Rahm Emanuel asked Little League International to reverse JRW decision
Michael Sneed in Chicago Sun Times

Mayor Rahm Emanuel is swinging for the fences.

Sneed has learned that Emanuel has personally gone to bat to reverse Little League International’s decision to strip the Jackie Robinson West All-Stars baseball team of their 2014 national championship.

Sneed is told Emanuel pulled out his battering ram during a 10-minute conversation Wednesday with Little League International President and CEO Stephen Keener in hopes he would rescind the league’s decision based on findings the team falsified boundaries to field ineligible players.

The mayor, a huge JRW fan, said: “Every home run was real. Every great catch was real. The passion they brought from Chicago to Williamsport was real. And the character they showed on and off the field was real.”

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:18 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:More:

Sneed exclusive: Rahm Emanuel asked Little League International to reverse JRW decision
Michael Sneed in Chicago Sun Times

Mayor Rahm Emanuel is swinging for the fences.

Sneed has learned that Emanuel has personally gone to bat to reverse Little League International’s decision to strip the Jackie Robinson West All-Stars baseball team of their 2014 national championship.

Sneed is told Emanuel pulled out his battering ram during a 10-minute conversation Wednesday with Little League International President and CEO Stephen Keener in hopes he would rescind the league’s decision based on findings the team falsified boundaries to field ineligible players.

The mayor, a huge JRW fan, said: “Every home run was real. Every great catch was real. The passion they brought from Chicago to Williamsport was real. And the character they showed on and off the field was real.”

It shows real character when you don't follow the rules. Have they learned nothing from the Mighty Ducks movie?
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:23 am

We are talking Rahm Emanuel here.

Ethics is something that happens to other people.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:15 am

...and every ringer was real...
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

sparks

Postby sparks » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:33 am

Well, the kids are paying for adult stupidity here, yes?

After all, the kids didn't falsify the boundaries or otherwise break the rules did they? Damned tough way to learn a great lesson though: Don't trust anyone over 30, and ... it's just a fucking game.

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:41 am

sparks wrote:Well, the kids are paying for adult stupidity here, yes?

After all, the kids didn't falsify the boundaries or otherwise break the rules did they? Damned tough way to learn a great lesson though: Don't trust anyone over 30, and ... it's just a fucking game.

Pretty good lesson for these kids, cheaters will get caught and punished.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 am

But if professional extortionist and liar Jackson has his way they will learn if they scream "racism" they can get away with anything.

Listening to comments from a few Sport Dudes who played Little League--this sort of thing happens and the kids would know about it. As one put it, "the guy you were playing against is suddenly on your team." That is not to blame the kids for the cheating, but I would rather remove this hand-wringing "WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!!!!" screamed by the Chicago fans.

What about "THE CHILDREN" of the Las Vegas team that was cheated?

--J.D.

Paulie Cicero
Title: Legitimate Businessman

Postby Paulie Cicero » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:36 am

Forget about the kids. We got a problem with cafones who want their bets covered. Hey, they lost, they lost. Now they all want to be winners. Can't have it.

Jimmy! Take care of this thing. You and Tommy.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Am I the only one who sees the hideous irony of an all black Little League team being named for Jackie Robinson?

Maybe it's ironic, but what is the racial composition of the population in their district?

If it was a team from Montana or Maine and all the kids happened to be white, would that be a problem?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:34 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:Am I the only one who sees the hideous irony of an all black Little League team being named for Jackie Robinson?

Maybe it's ironic, but what is the racial composition of the population in their district?

If it was a team from Montana or Maine and all the kids happened to be white, would that be a problem?

That they are all black is not a problem.

That they are all black and named after the guy who integrated MLB ...

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:Maybe it's ironic, but what is the racial composition of the population in their district?

The district they are from, or the larger "district" etc.

In my opinion Little League is child abuse, any parent who allows a child to be so exploited is an unfit parent, and whoever organizes a Little League team is guilty of employing child labor and should go to prison for it.

Even without the cheating.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:13 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:Maybe it's ironic, but what is the racial composition of the population in their district?

The district they are from, or the larger "district" etc.

In my opinion Little League is child abuse, any parent who allows a child to be so exploited is an unfit parent, and whoever organizes a Little League team is guilty of employing child labor and should go to prison for it.

Even without the cheating.

I played little league baseball for a couple years (it was called Kiwanis baseball where I was from). Of course we never travelled outside of our county to play, and only played other teams in the same county. One year my team actually won the championship for our county. In those days it was just fun for the kids, and I didn't have to play or anything. I joined because I wanted to. Hardly child abuse in my opinion. But that was nothing like a national or international little league organization with a national championship pitting teams from Chicago against teams from California or other states, or even other countries. That's taking things too far I think.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Postby Rob Lister » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:25 am

Anaxagoras wrote:(it was called Kiwanis baseball where I was from).
I got a trophy. I don't ever remember batting. Same with the swim team. I didn't even know I was competing.

Return to “Sports & Recreation”