cricket?

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
jacks
Title: double dipshit

cricket?

Postby jacks » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:08 am

world cup?

"The match can still go ahead with a delayed start if necessary. A match can be successfully completed if each side has a minimum of 20 overs, which means that it is still possible to achieve a result with a start after the scheduled innings break."

If 20 overs a side is not achieved, the game will not have a result, and points will be shared between the teams.

Australia won its first Cup match, beating England by 111 runs at the MCG, while Bangladesh defeated Afghanistan by 105 runs in Canberra.

wtf?

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: cricket?

Postby Doctor X » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:34 am

Baseball.

But slower.

And taking four or five days.

It is an excuse for the posh to get drunk.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Postby asthmatic camel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:51 am

Cricket is the king of sports.

In certain, more advanced nations, it is well nigh a religion.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:57 am

Nations without . . . central heating?

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:08 am

This is old, but still valid:

Cricket Explained to a Traitor Foreigner

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

[youtube]CNdCnkKhitI[/youtube]

--J. "HOWZAT?!" D.

jacks

Postby jacks » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:06 pm

So, they appear to stand around in nice slacks and shirts, someone throws a dried orange at three sticks and a guy with paddle ( which is a little gay, not that. . .)
and guys go in and out, ( a little more gay ) no wonder Islam is in an uproar.

Cloverlief

Postby Cloverlief » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:32 pm

jacks wrote:world cup?

"The match can still go ahead with a delayed start if necessary. A match can be successfully completed if each side has a minimum of 20 overs, which means that it is still possible to achieve a result with a start after the scheduled innings break."

If 20 overs a side is not achieved, the game will not have a result, and points will be shared between the teams.

Australia won its first Cup match, beating England by 111 runs at the MCG, while Bangladesh defeated Afghanistan by 105 runs in Canberra.

wtf?

Just like in baseball where 5 innings is considered an official game if there is a rain-out. A 50 over world cup match must at least get in 20 overs per side for it to count. Since this is a tournament pool match, and rescheduling isn't all that feasible, it is considered for tournament pool purposes a draw if less than 20 overs are played. Unlike baseball, each team does all of its batting at once, like if in baseball each team batted just once, but for 27 outs each.

As to your later comment, why in the world would Islam as a whole be in an uproar? Even as to the above rule... seeing it just allowed Bangladesh to get a "draw" against a heavily favored Australian side...

As to the score, 300 or so is about right for a 50 over match. Winning by more than 100 is a bit of a drubbing. However, had the team batting second won, the result would be expressed in terms of how many outs (called "wickets") the winning team had left when they exceeded the first team's total. If baseball worked like this the Red Sox might score five runs in the first 27 outs, and the Yankees then get their sixth run only using three outs, we would say "The Yankees win by 24 outs."

Also, these 50 over matches are one day matches, not five days, the teams look like NHL expansion teams rather than wearing white, and they use a white ball. Modern cricket is moving more and more to 20 over matches that take about three hours and are a faster pace than baseball.

Like anything else, it isn't that hard to understand... once you understand it.
Chani

jacks

Postby jacks » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Do they perspire?

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Postby Rob Lister » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:40 am

You May Award The Try

Postby You May Award The Try » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:51 am

jacks wrote:Do they perspire?

Often. Depends on circumstances. They also suffer painful injuries. Some poor Aussie dies a bit ago by taking a fast bouncer to the dome.

Badger

Postby Badger » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:43 pm

I like that 2 hr version (? or is it 3 hrs?) that's big in India.

Cheerleaders, and noisemakers, and everything. It's a pace that keeps one interested.
Nineteen tequilas later, we had a deal.
You are my density. (G. McFly)
As my daddy always said, always check the fine print for penectomies. (punchdrunk)
Opinions aren't like assholes, because I don't know anyone with a million assholes.
Bettie Page set the standard for fetish models. (selwynator12/5/2008 5:34:37 PM)
Rugby players eat their dead.

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Postby asthmatic camel » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Indoor cricket was very popular over here for a while and is still played at quite a few venues; I used to play in a pub team and work would organise matches between offices now and then. Good fun but not the same as a grueling five day test match against the Aussies or West Indies. I'll admit that cricket has to be in your blood to maintain interest through one of those.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

Elbow_Jobertski

Postby Elbow_Jobertski » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:33 am

Badger wrote:I like that 2 hr version (? or is it 3 hrs?) that's big in India.

Cheerleaders, and noisemakers, and everything. It's a pace that keeps one interested.

Cricket is in a transitional phase as the 20 overs matches are becoming the most culturally and financially relevant form.

These matches are similar in length to other sports and require a far more aggressive approach from batsmen. It is barely the same sport as a five day test.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:14 pm

asthmatic camel wrote:Indoor cricket was very popular over here for a while and is still played at quite a few venues; I used to play in a pub team and work would organise matches between offices now and then. Good fun but not the same as a grueling five day test match against the Aussies or West Indies. I'll admit that cricket has to be in your blood to maintain interest through one of those.

Clicked your link. Saw the pics.

Not indoor enough.

Your pub team should be able to play in in the pub, as it might be skittles or darts. :P
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Return to “Sports & Recreation”