Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
- Posts: 20769
- Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
- Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan
- Has thanked: 1309 times
- Been thanked: 1092 times
Doesn't seem like a very fair fight but I guess that isn't the point:http://www.sltrib.com/home/2248523-155/ ... paring-for
I've learned the real reason why Mitt Romney chose not to run for president for a third time in 2016.
He's taking up boxing.
In fact, Romney is slated to fight former heavyweight boxing champion Evander Holyfield in the marquee event during a several-bout evening at the Rail Event Center near the Union Pacific Depot in Salt Lake City on May 15.
"It will either be a very short fight, or I will be knocked unconscious," Romney quipped in an interview recently. "It won't be much of a fight. We'll both suit up and get in the ring and spar around a little bit."
Alas, it will be a one-fight career for the 68-year-old former Massachusetts governor and Salt Lake City Winter Olympics boss.
Besides the fact that Holyfield is a former champion, he's 16 years younger than Romney. It's for charity.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
- Posts: 21763
- Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
- Location: New Port Richey, FL
- Has thanked: 336 times
- Been thanked: 341 times
What should be his boxer nickname?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
- Posts: 32420
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
- Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp
- Has thanked: 418 times
- Been thanked: 697 times
- Posts: 12769
- Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:59 pm
- Location: The Idiocracy
- Has thanked: 51 times
- Been thanked: 57 times
- It's for a good cause: getting the shit beat out of Mitt. I'd donate $1000 to ensure that Holyfield doesn't pull any punches.
- Speaking of punches, what's the line on whether or not Mitt punches like a girl?
- Or hires on of his undocumented gardeners to fight for him?
- Very quickly, Mitt will find himself in his natural position: lying.
- Evander had better protect his ears.
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House
- Posts: 69390
- Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
- Title: Yes, that one.
- Location: Chicago
- Has thanked: 2771 times
- Been thanked: 1062 times
What's Evander's position on immigration?
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale