Patriots/Jets Tampering Charges

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Grammatron

Patriots/Jets Tampering Charges

Postby Grammatron » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:19 pm

Can someone explain what the issue is and what the likely outcome will be?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... story.html

This and other articles I've read explain it the same way, but it's a bit odd for Patriots to sign players via lawsuits so I am wondering if there's not some other motive here.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Patriots/Jets Tampering Charges

Postby Doctor X » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Short Answer: Image

Long Answer: And technically nothing. But there is "history." Jets are mad about being a Failed State for the last three . . . four decades whilst a former Laughing Stock has become "the Greatest Dynasty in Football History"--not my designation. Even Woody "Peyton Tastes Like Strawberries!" Paige is conceding this.

Kraft & Co. [PBUT--Ed.] has remained pissed quietly about the bullshit that was "Spygate"--others teams do it, and you are allowed to film . . . you just could not film in that specific area under that specific cover, particularly if there be Bimbos about WHILE things like coaches tripping opposing players, cheating with the salary cap, paying players to injure others, TEXTING!!!1!! and all of that gets nothing. Those got "nothing" because the relevant teams are, well, irrelevant.

So . . . Uncle Woody makes the mistake of stating that he has changed his mind about Revis in December--when Revis was under Pats contract and there were possible negotiation on extensions and all of that--and he would want him on the team. That is "tampering" because, technically, that signaled a team that does not own his rights has interest in him.

But.

Tampering is like . . . well . . . taping during a game. It not only happens, it always happens. Further, it is not as if Revis had zero idea that Gang Green had interest. Even the most devote Pats Ball Handler cannot claim Revis went to Gang Green because of Uncle Woody's statement.

But . . . but . . . with being racked over the coals by Roger "I Must Show My Dick" Goodell over doing what every other team was doing since "You Broke Rule!" it appears Kraft & Co. decided to "stick it" to Gang Green. There is precedent with teams being forced to exchange draft picks. These punishments are on the order of like 5th round draft picks. Sort of nothing.

Being Uncle Woody and being Super Sensitive about sharing the stadium with a successful franchise and spending yet another year looking up at Dark Hoodies' balls, he reacted very badly to this investigation. The NFL being as incompetent as it is in investigation have been dragging it out longer that Deflategate.

They only recently interviewed Uncle Woody.

Pats fans have been ass-raping both Gang Green fans over Al Gore's Fora and The Tweeters. See, Gang Green fans would taunt "YOU HAVEN'T WON SINCE SPYGATE!!!!" and searching for Giants gear. That ended. They tried "Deflategate" but even Indy fans gave up "They put up 27 unanswered points with hard balls!" Now Pats fans can scream "you were CONVICTED of tampering!"

Tampering conveys far more of an advantage than, well, taping defensive signals. You sort of assume, unless you are Oakland and in a Super Bowl against the coach you fired, teams change signals like, you know, base ball players and even full-contact curling.

So this "Tampering!" conviction--and most figured the Gang Green would be found to have violated the rule--would be just another cudgel Pats fans would bludgeon Gang Green fans with.

Again, materially it is a "failure to stop for a full three seconds" like Spygate was. "Materially" since everyone knew that Revis would seek free agency and the Pats would not exercise their crippling option. That was in place to assure both sides he had a clear "one year" and either side could basically walk away.

But since it is "NEW YORK"--Giants is New Jersey--and "BOSTON" and all of the crap mentioned above . . . and it is off season . . . here we go.

Kraft answered a question about Revis who not only left the Patriots, unlike he was last year, he will not be available in a few years.

Uncle Woody figured "tit-for-tat."

And now . . . the NFL?

The Mayberry Police that is the NFL which as of today appears to be "stuck" in realizing they wasted a lot of money on an investigation into nothing, now has to investigate with the same apparent foot-dragging zeal it has been investigating Uncle Woody for four fucking months!

What should have happened is Sheriff Goodell and His Imps and Scamps should have spent one week in December to look at exactly what Uncle Woody said and concluded tampering and made them exchange like a 5th round draft pick. That is over. Gone.

Same in this case. I do not think Kraft tampered--nor do even New York reporters--but whatever the response would be "nothing" of the Pats swap back the 5th round pick.

And that would be over.

Pats fans may squeal but if Uncle Woody has half the competence of Robert "Jonathan?!" Kraft he would ignore all of it as would pretty much everyone else.

As does Kraft now ignores snipping as he polishes another trophy.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:55 pm

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

This makes sense in the grand scheme of things you've mentioned. I suspected it wasn't about Revis, or even the Jets.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Just avoiding writing. Best done by . . . writing.

I think the Jets did tamper with Revis and the punishment should be like that double-parking ticket: 3rd to 5th round pick. "And that's that."

The sad thing about Goodell is he rules by personal emotion . . . rather like . . . D'Rat. "Everyone" did side-line taping. Goodell put out a memo saying the arcane rule. For example, you can stand right in the stands and film. I have heard more about it than I care to know and I still do not understand the purpose of the rule. Haters have tried to expand it to "TAPING PRACTICES" ala Hillary Clinton sending Ninja to poison Vince Foster and make it look like a suicide in the park . . . "to throw them off."

Mangina has in his desperate attempts to get a new coaching job admitted he did the same thing, everyone did the same thing--heck Bill "The Jaw" Cower pissed off all of Pittsburg(h) defending His Billness on a Pitt radio--and figured he could "slap" his former boss.

Belichick ignored Goodell in a "well . . . *snort* . . . everyone is still doing it . . . ridiculous."

THAT pissed off Goodell. He over-reacted, then destroyed the tapes which allowed every conspiracy theorist to conclude there was film of Jesus sodomizing Muhammed or something.

But not Jehovah. Because that would be stupid.

Apparently a reporter has a copy on his phone he shows at parties. Much of the film--which people did see--is of . . .

. . .

. . .

. . . boobs in the stands.

"Well I don't need to see Zapruder to know NO PLANE HIT THE PENTAGONS!!!11!"

Overreacting to His Billness ignoring him, Goodell fined him extraordinarily and took a first round draft pick. For something that gave no apparent advantage. Reports are Belichick admitted as such to His Kraftness who responded, "then you're a schmuck!"

What saved His Billness from a suspension was he did not lie. He admitted what he did.

Zoom forward to Sean Peyton. I rather think paying players to INJURE opponents is FAR more egregious. Sal Palintonio has been proclaiming that the Seamen PURPOSELY tried to take Julian "Wow" Edelman out of the Super Bowl with a helmet-to-helmet hit. He is correct that was a penalty, but others have asked "why would you risk such a penalty in a 3rd and 13 situation?" Be that as it may, if Julian left the game, at that point, I do not think we ever get to The Call.

Fine. Other fanboys--Saints Fans and those who still scream "SPYGATE!"--try to diminish whatever Gate the Saints pay-for-injury scandal was. "Everyone does it!!!"

Peyton lied about it for over a year. I think two years. Lied to D'Rat Goodell.

To be fair to Roger, while I think he overreacted, you cannot be lied to. If Belichick had lied to him about Spygate, I would have supported a suspension for even Our Dark Hoodie and Savior. You cannot do that. This has led me to suspect he is NOT lying about knowing "shit all" about ball inflation. He certainly would not lie to Robert Kraft.

To be even fairer to Roger, he sucks as a policeman. For some reason, he was not "bothered" by Ray "I Done Told You" Rice. Enough was known of what happened. I do not believe he did NOT see the video, but he showed little interest in it. Ray-Ray did not lie to him so . . . what is the problem?

We all spent a few pages on that shit storm.

So he reacted with a Big Investigation to show . . . um . . . what we all know: you suspend Sean Peyton for lying to you? You do not suspend the Pissburough coach for trying to trip an opponent in the field? You suspend a player for multigames for smoking pot and then a year when the idiot has a drink?

But you do not suspend more than two games a guy who PUNCHED OUT A WOMAN? What about a guy who beats the testicles of a 4 year-old? I guess if he did not lie to you about it, Roger or ignored your "Do Not Whip the Testicles of 4 Year-Olds" memo it is all good, right?

So all of this bullshit is being propagated by Roger and the NFL to look more in control in a FAILed fashion that makes Obama seem executive and Bush's intelligence service in Iraq seem, well, intelligent.

Roger should have ruled quickly on the Jets, then quickly on this counter-suit. He did not.

AAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDD apparently Deflategate is no where near done. Insiders are declaring this like "Vietnam"--they have found nothing and are spending more money investigating to try to justify spending a lot of money investigating.

Meanwhile, the reason for denying the use of goal line cameras for instant replay is?

Wait for it.

"Too Expensive!"

"Too expensive for the NFL." Image

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Return to “Sports & Recreation”