Deflategate

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Deflategate

Post by Doctor X » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:21 am

"You need a bigger box car."

Seriously, according to Gentlemen skilled in this work, this could take us beyond next year before it is even heard. Assuming the
SECOND CIRCUIT ANALYTICS FOR BRADY VS. NFL

Median duration of appeal = 10.0 months

· This is germane to the question of whether the Second Circuit will be in a position decide Brady vs. NFL prior to the end of the 2015 season. The losing side will likely have to file a motion to “expedite” the appeal. But even expedited appeals take time (see O’Bannon & Christie II).

Rate of reversal in Second Circuit = below 10% for civil appeals

http://sports-law.blogspot.com/
are correct, the NFL will then face the unenviable choice of trying to appeal beyond that.

It is a losing game. Way back, polls settled as expect: most in New England believing Tom was innocent and everyone else wanting him to be guilty. Like 63% just after Dumbass levied his suspension.

Move ahead after the court case starts and things change dramatically:
The poll’s findings painted an interesting picture. While 72 percent of respondents said they believed the Patriots deflated footballs in that game, just 16 percent are upset that New England allegedly did so. Furthermore, a majority of NFL players surveyed — 58 percent — don’t believe the Patriots are cheaters.

NESN
Faux News is reporting--on television--that the numbers have reversed. I have "heard that" by others but I cannot find the exact poll. The point is that Goodell not only managed to lose utterly, he reversed opinions.

Think about it. As I joked with a Steelers fan-friend, the vast majority of "fan boys" hate to hate. I love to remind Squeelers that "Your QB is a RAPIST! HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!" I even laugh in all caps. I would expect the vast majority of "fans" in the country would want Brady suspended . . . "because!" Simple fan hate. As I joke, like Red Sox fans before 2004: "EVERY YANKEE TITLE IS TAINTED!!11!!"

Yet, Goodell managed to change the opinions of people who should hate everything about another team that is successful.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:01 am

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:16 am

ImageImage

Because Pyrrho's code does not accept 漢字.Image
?

First article is very good. The second I gave up on after two paragraphs since he got a slew of details wrong and reprinted lies. He needs to fact-check.

--J.D.

P.S. This is my 49794th Post! :hyper:

P.P.S. Image
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:50 am

His Terrificness Responds [Facebook quoted on even the finer goat fancier webpages.--Ed.]
The regular season starts tomorrow morning and I can’t wait to fully commit my energy and emotion to focus on the challenges of the 2015 NFL season. I want to thank my family, my friends, all of the fans, past and current players and my teammates for the support they have given me throughout this challenging experience. I also want to thank Judge Berman and his staff for their efforts to resolve this matter over the past five weeks. I am very grateful. My thanks also to the union’s legal team who has fought so hard right along with me. While I am pleased to be eligible to play, I am sorry our league had to endure this. I don’t think it has been good for our sport – to a large degree, we have all lost. I am also sorry to anyone whose feelings I may have hurt as I have tried to work to resolve this situation. I love the NFL. It is a privilege to be a member of the NFL community and I will always try to do my best in representing my team and the league in a way that would make all members of this community proud. I look forward to the competition on the playing field and I hope the attention of NFL fans can return to where it belongs – on the many great players and coaches who work so hard every week, and sacrifice so much, to make this game great. Most importantly, I look forward to representing the New England Patriots on Thursday night in our season opener. I hope to make all of our fans proud this year … and beyond!
Translation: "Fuck You, Roger. Sorry to Make You Cry!"

. . . and about that Bigger Popcorn Boat:
Federal appeals are complicated, and Patriots fans are going to get well acquainted with the intricacies of the grueling process in the coming months.

The Deflategate fiasco is heading to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. NFL attorneys filed their notice of appeal less than two hours after U.S. District Court Judge Richard Berman on Thursday vacated Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s four-game suspension.

Instead of heated rhetoric, letters and combative oral arguments, the appeals process will be much more measured. A panel of three judges will analyze Berman’s ruling, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s now-defunct arbitration decision, and legal briefs from both parties.

The judges will essentially answer one question: Was Berman right when he found that Brady wasn’t afforded adequate due process during the NFL’s disciplinary proceedings?

“The three judges on the panel will be reviewing whether the judgment call by Judge Berman was sound,” said Paul Michel, former chief judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.

It is not going to be a quick process — it could linger into next spring or beyond. Image

The appeals court already has Berman’s order, but the deluge of legalese hasn’t hit. The NFL will file its formal appeal, and then Brady’s attorneys will respond. The NFL can then respond to that.

However, there will be no discovery, and no witnesses will take the stand. The appeals court must accept the facts that Berman analyzed — but it doesn’t have to embrace how he laid down the law.

As far as issues of law are concerned, the appellate court does not defer to the lower court,” said William Wilkins, former chief judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. “That does not mean the appellate court will not look at the legal reasoning made by the district court, but it does mean it doesn’t have to accept it.”

Federal appeals courts don’t see many cases where a judge vacates an arbitration award — and in those unique situations, the decision is frequently upheld. Image

“I think we can say our district court judges do a good job,” Wilkins said, referring to why so many decisions in civil cases don’t get overturned. “They get it right most of the time.”

In the Deflategate litigation, the appeals court can do three things: It can uphold Berman’s decision, send the case back to him with an explanation of how to apply the law or it can vacate it completely. Image

If either Brady or Goodell doesn’t like the decision, the last stop is the U.S. Supreme Court. Image

“That’s the only recourse, but Supreme Court review is not guaranteed,” Michel said. “It has to have huge implications. My guess is that the Second Circuit decision will be the final decision, no matter which way it comes out.”

Bob McGovern: Boston Sun without Tits on Page Three

--J.D.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:31 pm

Never mind the popcorn.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:53 am

NFL scortched earth maybe?

Spygate to Deflategate: Inside what split the NFL and Patriots apart
During Spygate investigation, Roger Goodell ordered NFL execs to stomp 8 videotapes to pieces.

From 2000-07, the Patriots recorded opposing coaches’ signals for at least 40 games.

During Pats early SB runs, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into visiting locker rooms and steal play sheets during pregame warm-ups.

Goodell's handling of Deflategate turned around owners still simmering over Spygate; some say he is now more secure in his job.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:35 am

It is a tantrum.

Jay Glasier has a copy of the "destroyed" tapes on his phone which he shows at parties. I have been told by those who have seen it that it is views of the side-line with a lot of attention on cheerleaders' boobs.

It was legal to tape defensive signals.

It is still legal to tape defensive signals.

The "problem" was that for reasons never explained, the NFL decided you have to film in a certain location that is "covered." The Pats complained, apparently, about the Jets filming outside of this in 2006. What made it "MOAR" of a problem was Belichick ignored an e-mail that stated, "hey guys? You all need to film in the 'Special Place.'"

At the time I agreed--yes--with Goodell's reaction. He was a "new boy" and when you tell someone not to do something and they do it, even if the rationale is stupid, it is still a problem. The punishment was ridiculous but I figured it was Belichick's fault he made himself an example to others.

And everyone still tapes. It is legal. Of course, with microphones allowed in a particular defensive player's helmet, there is far less defensive signalling.

The rest?

Lots of butthurt: lots of teams upset they are not "the Dynasty." "They musta cheated!!!" This has been the attitude of the Rams since day one since they were 14 point favorites and expected to be a dynasty. They boast about it and ridicule the Pats during the Super Bowl.

To be fair . . . HAD the Pats not won in 2001, '03, '04 AND they lost '07 and '11 as they did, there would be Pats Fan Boys screaming about "cheating." It is just the way it is, and people forget owners and the like are also fans.

Some of it gets to levels of stupid reserved for religious debates. Marshall Faulk screams about how "they knew what we were doing."

Every.

Team.

Gets.

Special.

Game.

Film.

Every one. So, yes, the Patriots and any other team that bothers to do their homework has film on you. Marshall bleats about how they revealed a "Sekrit Play" where he would field a kick off. Something he has NEVERZ DONE BEFOREZ!

So here you are. You see a clown who has never been a kick off return, who is a receiver, the best on the team, suddenly playing way back on a kick-off. Think he is going to block? The Pats immediately stuffed him for like one yard.

Return to the last Super Bowl . . . hold on . . . just a moment . . . almost there . . . Damn! I thought of Rex Ryan again! Anyways, Pete--and a shit-load of other coaches--run that pick play. So the Pats practiced it and as has been repeated more frequently than Tinkerbell's rape fantasies, Butler got fried and gave up an easy touch down.

Oddly enough this all works in Dark Hoodies' favor. He likes it that teams worry about this sort of bullshit.

Meanwhile, Goodell is a major loser. Pretty much everyone was tired of Deflategate. To be honest, I found the legal arguments fascinating. Otherwise, it was a screw job, badly performed.

ESPN is the NFL's mouth-piece because no one really watches the NFL network. However, it is also "good news." Why is no one talking about the Federal investigation into the St. Louis Cardinals?

Because no one gives a shit about baseball to that level. Hypocritical, but there it is.

This may blow up in Goodell's face. Most see Deflategate as "over." The legal fight demonstrated the weakness of the screw-jobs. I joke about "fan-boyism" and how being a MFY should be made a capital crime, blah . . . blah. I joke. There are people who take this shit seriously. Some of them use to be the general manager of the Colts who barely won with The Quarterback . . . of . . . DeSTINY. Some of them own the Cowboys, the Ravens, and the Colts.

To give a better example: after October, 2003 but BEFORE October, 2004 screaming RS fans noted that one of the guys who hit a home run to bring the MFYs back in the Game 7 was Jason "Roids!" Giambi. "And FUCK Giambi!" was a common thread. You also had Clemens, and other abusers.

"CHEATED!!11!!"

And if the RS had not won in 2004 fans would still be screaming the same thing when the reason they lost was because a Neanderthal of a manager--looked fucking 75 but was far younger but did not believe in these "stats things"--decided to "go with his heart" and leave a guy in who predictably fell apart after 100 pitches. Period.

The "simmering" over Spygate is simply an excuse a Jones uses to deal with the fact he may die before he ever sees another Super Bowl. If I were a Jets fan . . . or even a Buffalo fan--CLEVELAND fan . . . as a "Fan Boy" I might have the same delusions.

The biggest sin of the Patriots was they were a shitty team for about forever. The one time they could have actually won a SB--NOT in 1984-85!--they got screwed by a call then sank into irrelevance. Steelers? Cowboys? Even 49rs were expected to win. Hell, people wondered when Green Bay woudl come back.

Shitty team finally wins against what was once a completely shitty team--"LA Lambs!"--that suddenly became "The Greatest Show on Turf." How cute! 2001. 9/11. "We're all Patriots!" Nice! Now go away.

Which they did the following year. Balance is not only restored, Tampa Fucking Bay--a WORSE team historically than The Team Whose Mascot is Shitting a Football--won the Super Bowl. It was like the White Sox winning after the Red Sox.

How cute!

Then the Patriots not only won again, they kept winning. They kept knocking off the Colts, Steelers. Now, to a fan-base, you have to explain "why not us?" Salary cap was suppose to prevent dynasties not named "Cowboys." Here is a team winning their division every year.

In other words: simple jealousy. Brady was a 6th round pick. That means every other fucking team had multiple chances to draft him except the Saints because Mike "Most Over-Rated Coach Not Named Phil Jackson [Stop that.--Ed.]" Ditka spent all of the Saints picks into 2004 for a running back and a suppository.

"Why not us?"

Rather than admit they outplayed you, easier to pretend they cheated. Again, that is RS fans before 2004. It would be Pats fans if they had not won earlier SBs. It is Seamen fans now.

Why sports is a religion.

--J.D.

Evolver

Post by Evolver » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:37 am

Is the fact that the NFL's apologist network and the magazine that is only relevant once a year both published "independent investigative reports" featuring a lot of the same "information" from "unnamed sources" on the same day suspicious looking at all?

It smells of sour grapes.
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Jets player Brandon Marshall has claimed that the NFL wiped out Brady's suspension because of "racial reasons."

Notice he said the NFL did this.

As black Sports Dude Michael Holly put it: "So if he's black he'd be . . . Adrianne Peterson?!!"

--J.D.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:44 pm

After reading it a few times, this seems less of an attack on either Patriots or NFL/Goodell, but rather an attempt for ESPN to stay both relevant and display integrity as journalists. But lots of different fail ensues.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Believe me Sports Talk in Boston has exploded on both the ESPN and SI articles. One major point is that there is no actual "evidences"--thanks. For example, there is the claim that Patriots Dudes would go into visiting locker rooms to steal the play-sheets that would have "OUR FIRST 20 PLAYS!"

As more than one NFL former player has asked rhetorically: "why would you ever leave that in a locker room?" Answer: you do not.

Even more hilarious is the claim that by some nefarious means Bellichick "knew which players of the opposing team was on the plane!!11!!"

This is released by teams. They have to do that. If a player is not on the plane he is marked as not being able to play. It is all about the injury reports and the like that are designed to lessen gambling scandals--mafiosos and the like trying to pay to find out whether or not Peyton is having his period this weekend, et cetera.

As another Talking Head put it: "The Lakers [Boo. Hiss.--Ed.] use to accuse Red Aurbach of turning off the air conditioning in the vistor's locker room. The Garden didn't HAVE air conditioning!"

However, Deflategate has now sunk in most people's minds as an interest story. So ESPN, SI and the like are just creating more news. And people are watching and commenting. A win for them.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Meanwhile, Judge Berman has "read into the record" all of the letters he has received. You have to give him serious credit for making everything public. What exposed Goodell as a liar was the comparison of his claims about Brady's testimony in his 20-page appeal decision with the actual testimony the NFL demanded remain sealed.
A long-time fan attacks the NFL commissioner, saying, "I have been an ardent NFL fan for 58 years and have never seen the level of ineptitude and incompetence displayed by Roger Goodell and his band of yes men during this whole deflategate fiasco."

He goes on to say he will not "spend another penny" on tickets or merchandise until Goodell "wakes up his brain cramp and does the right thing!" He concludes the letter by asking the judge to "do the right thing" and vacate Brady's suspension.

BAWSTON Station
--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:31 am

Evolver wrote:Is the fact that the NFL's apologist network and the magazine that is only relevant once a year both published "independent investigative reports" featuring a lot of the same "information" from "unnamed sources" on the same day suspicious looking at all?

It smells of sour grapes.
Linkypoo?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Jeffrey Kessler, the attorney for the NFLPA and Brady, speaks:
Kessler said there wasn’t ever really much doubt as to whether or not they would win the case.

“Yes, once we looked into this, we were convinced that what happened here at the league was wrong and it didn’t follow the rules of the CBA and it didn’t follow the legal requirements. So, we thought it would probably take us having to go to court, which it did, but we thought eventually we would get here,” Kessler said.

The lawyer was asked his he could unequivocally say Brady was not involved in a scheme to deflate footballs.

What I can say is that everybody who has testified in this matter has said Tom Brady was not involved in such a scheme,” Kessler said. “He testified under oath. The two clubhouse people were interviewed and said there was no such scheme and he was not involved. There is no document that indicated he was involved in such a scheme. I am not aware of any evidence to indicate that that would be the case and I believe Tom Brady.

Kessler said nothing that his team said during the appeal in front of commissioner Roger Goodell could have changed his mind on the four-game suspension.

“I’m not sure that there is anything that would have caused him to change his view because I don’t think we had an arbitrator that was prepared to consider the evidence openly and fairly,” he said.

Now the NFL has taken the case to the second circuit following Judge Berman ruling in favor of Brady. Kessler isn’t worried because he said all the NFL will use is “the exact same arguments to Judge Berman that he rejected.

“They have a one-note defense,” he added.

Kessler also gave the story behind why Patriots team employees John Jastremski and Jim McNally were never called to testify. This would be during the NFL appeal before Goodell.

“First of all, we don’t have access to them,” he said. “It’s not like we had them out in the waiting room waiting to come in and testify. What happened was we were originally given four hoursto present our entire defense and we already had a record in the Wells Report that Jastremski and McNally had both told Wells that nothing had happened and Tom Brady did anything. That was the Wells’ finding on that. Notice that those statements are not contained in the Pasch-Wells Report, to use Judge Berman's designation of it. In the four hours that we had there was no way we thought we had to get them and we didn’t have access to them anyway.

Then what happened at the end of the 11-hour hearing, because it ended up going a lot longer as they kept extending it, commissioner Goodell made a request to say that does either party think he should interview those two before rendering his decision. The NFL said no, they didn’t think there was any need to call them and we said no because they already told Ted Wells they had no evidence against Tom Brady so what was the point in calling them from our standpoint. That’s what happened with the two of them.”

It Be What it Be
With regards to the last point, not to argue with an actual lawyer widely considered the best in the field, but I suspect that will be read by Tw00fers that "THEY WERE AFRAID TO HAVE THEM TESTIFY!!11!!" as if in front of Goodell Frick and Frack would suddenly break down: "Yes! We did it! HA!HA! Brady paid us to hide Obama's Nigerian birth certificate! Steel doesn't melt jet fuel!" Though what lawyer is going to expose a witness more than he has to? Never know how their testimony will be interpreted, particularly in front of a biased arbitrator. Given how Goodell lied about Brady's testimony to him during this hearing, perhaps this was the best decision. Still, the Tw00fers have been screaming "WHY HAVEN'T WE HEARD FROM FRICK AND FRACK AND WHERE IS MY SHIFT KEY?!!" and the NFL rather hoped that myth would remain.

Pasch and Wells did hear from them.

They did not like what they heard.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:18 pm

. . . MOAR POPCORNS!!

To begin, neither the NFL nor the Glorious World Championship Enemy Scattering [Get on with it.--Ed.] Patriots are willing to agree who suspended "Frick and Frack." Since in its punishment the NFL Troy Vincent demands that the Pats apply to him if they wish to reinstate either, the NFL claim they did not want them suspended sort of, well, adds up as well as all of their other claims.

It became an "optics" thing where the NFL encouraged some reporters who carry its water to "wonder" "if the Patriots are innocent WHY DEY SUSPENDS FRICK AND FRACK?!!!!"

"Because . . . uh . . . they demanded us to?"

So . . .
What does appear clear today is that NFL VP of Football Operations Troy Vincent has requested to meet with Patriots equipment staffer John Jastremski and locker room attendant Jim McNally before either is reinstated by the franchise. ["Snip!"--Ed.]

However,there are conflicting reports on what exactly Vincent would like to talk about. Quelle surprise An NFL.com report said that Jastremski and McNally could face discipline for what the NFL believes they did with the footballs. Their alleged actions — including texts and video surveillance — were detailed in the league-sanctioned Wells report. Meanwhile, Pro Football Talk reports that there is no discipline coming. According to the story, Vincent wants only to discuss the duo's role going forward. It also states that the Patriots will have representation in the room during the meeting.

The Boston Sun
Now . . . if the NFL maintains it did NOT want Frick and Frack suspended, how can it punish them? If they do NOT punish them, how can it maintain that Brady's punishment . . . and the Patriots punishment . . . is "just?"

The problem is Frick and Frack are not under any union or CBA rules that I am aware of. There are probably "Disclosure Agreements" with the Patriots but if either or both had "We'z gots Evidences--thanks!--that Bob Kraft deflates balls!" I would sort of suspect Kraft, the Pats, and all would have caved quickly. So would Brady. Anyways, assuming, then, that Frick and Frack did not break t3h r00lz, if they are punished they can certainly sue the NFL. There is no CBA unless there is some sort of "By Being Our Employee You Agree to Suck Goodell Dick as Well." So all of the excuses Goodell and the NFL used in the appeal should not protect them.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Update from a confessed homer--he jokes he wants Brady's baby and did the video that was posted earlier where he is sucking on [Foot--Ed.]balls. I like Jerry Thorton--comedian--who despite his "homer roll" does have criticisms. Anyways, since everyone is posting this, might as well use him:
WEEI.com — Following a report early Sunday of Patriots equipment staffer John Jastremski and locker room attendant Jim McNally being requested to meet with NFL executive VP of football operations Troy Vincent before either is reinstated by the team, it was thought they both could face further discipline for their role in the Deflategate case.

But apparently that won’t happen.[/i]

According to Pro Football Talk, the league will not be imposing discipline on either man. The report adds Vincent intends not to interrogate the suspended employees but to discuss their roles going forward.
. . . .
Remember when the adventures of John Jastremski and Jim McNally "Frick and Frack" captivated the world? They were international men of mystery. Central figures in a huge “scandal.” Authors of the most fascinating private texts since Tiger Woods‘ that were being read across the globe. The human race hung on every swear word. And one word — “Deflator” — entered the lexicon and became the sole basis for the most unjust punishment in the history of sports. Muhammed Ali and Jack Johnson might disagree. . . . Jastremski and McNally were the R2-D2 and C-3PO of this epic saga. And we all waited with breathless anticipation for them to break their silence, come clean and blow up Tom Brady‘s personal Death Star.

But now? Nothing. No one outside of the few remaining science-denying Deflategate truthers like that ignoramus Bart Hubbuch even mention their names any more. And now they’re going to be back on the Patriots payroll, handing out rolls of tape and keeping the energy drink buckets filled like nothing happened.
This is significant: even I wondered what "Frick and Frack" would eventually say. Conspiracy theories abounded. Now, part of it was answered during the appeal process where it was revealed that both stated they did nothing, Brady did nothing, et cetera but Pash and Wells decided not to include any of that in their report. Prior to that time, there was this sort of feeling "they're HIDING things!" Given the level the NFL went after the Patriots and Brady, how the hell could they allow them to work for an NFL team?
Well, I for one will never forget. Something did happen, and it wasn’t these guys letting air out of balls. Jastremski and McNally were railroaded. By the NFL, by the media and by the Deflategate flat-earthers who have slandered them for the crimes of texting each other in a way Ted Wells doesn’t understand and taking a pee break. Because let’s face it, if the NFL really did have something on them, if the league could prove 1 percent of the allegations against them, the Deflator and Dorito Dink wouldn’t be allowed anywhere near an NFL stadium, never mind drawing a paycheck.

So good for Jastremski and McNally. I’m sure they’d rather just get back to work and put this whole thing behind them so we won’t hear word one from either. But if they did speak I hope they’d ask where they can go to get their reputations back.

Thornography
Bunch of linkypoos in the Japanese Original.

--J.D.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:23 am

What?
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:42 am

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:46 pm

This has been reported a few places but this is the first time I have found a concise report. The show is from Showtime so may be hard to find.
NFL Cheated . . . in the Rain:

New York law professor Robert Blecker says in Deflategate, there is only one proven cheater: the NFL.

In an interview with 60 Minutes Sports, Blecker displays a piece of evidence from the Wells Report that he claims shows a clear NFL bias in the Wells Report.

The two gauges that referee Walt Anderson used to measure the Patriots footballs at halftime of the AFC Championship game have become known as the logo gauge and the non-logo gauge.

One read higher than the other by 0.4 PSI at halftime.

In the Wells Report, it's written that Anderson misremembers which gauge he used to measure the balls before the game. Blecker asserts that's not true, and believes he used the higher reading gauge before the game.

In an effort to make the two gauges seem similar despite the heavy disparity, Blecker found an incriminating measurement in Ted Wells' report.

"Looking at the photograph I went 'oh my god. I can't believe it,'' Blecker said. "They put the rulers under it, and under one they start the needle at the zero point, and at the other they start it at the 0.2 inch to make the needle seem longer to the untrained eye."

As such, one could believe the NFL cited the lower reading gauge at halftime - after OK'ing the balls with the higher reading one - to cry foul.

Blecker says this revelation would have had the NFL's case in hot water far sooner.

"That should have been brought to the attention of - first of all on appeal, to Goodell to show the obvious clear bias - and then it should have been brought to the attention of the judge - and it wasn't," Blecker said. "It should have been brought to the judge's attention, and it would have served two purposes simultaneously. One would be to show the unfairness of the investigation, but the other would also be to suggest the innocence of Brady."

Blecker said he considers himself an unlikely defender of the Patriots.

"When I first read the Wells Report I thought they cheated - and truthfully, I sort of hoped they did - because I don't like the Patriots, I still don't like the Patriots as a team," he said.

So, why is he so certain the NFL is wrong?

"Science can explain it," Blecker said. "And then increasingly there have been a rising chorus of voices including a Nobel Prize winning chemist who says the science was junk. At the appeal, the Dean of the Yale School of Management said the statistics were junk. Increasingly, the more you read, the more blogs you read, the more you think it through, the more you realize this is based on a tissue of lies."

Chris Mason: Boston Sun
--J.D.

Tiosylanyl
Title: The Three-eyed Raven

Post by Tiosylanyl » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:09 am

Speaking of Patriots players, deflating footballs and cellphones....

[youtube]7KJOQ_44ClQ[/youtube]

I hear Gronk is getting an 8 game suspension.