Olympic events that have to go

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Nyarlathotep

Re: Olympic events that have to go

Postby Nyarlathotep » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:38 am

shemp wrote:OMFG I can't get enough Olympics!!!! Equestrian Judo! 5000-meter Pommel Horse!! Water Boxing!!! MONKEY TENNIS!!!!!!!!!!

I would totally watch Monkey Tennis.

Monkeys make everything hilarious. No exceptions.
All Hail The Crimson King

Witness

Postby Witness » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:53 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:Monkeys make everything hilarious. No exceptions.

True.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-cSapfHSKw

But on the serious side (* cough *) please shed a tear for the poor athletes:
Greek Reporter wrote:Greek Athletes Find Rio Olympic Village ‘Tragic’

“The situation is tragic, as far as our accommodation at the Olympic Village is concerned,” Kouvelos said to Athina 9.84 radio station.

“From the outside it is like a jewel, but inside it is like a construction site. The plumbing is out of order, water runs everywhere, there are no mirrors in the bathrooms… Consider that we had to move to another floor because ours was flooded,” he said.

“This is nothing compared to what other missions have to endure, such as the Japanese mission that had to deal with a gas leak. Every morning at the meeting of the mission chiefs there are many complaints heard, and the hosts simply assure us that the problems will be solved,” Kouvelos continued.

“What we have come up against is unprecedented, and of course we never faced anything like it in London or in Beijing, and certainly not in Athens. Workers have abandoned their work at the (Olympic) village because they have not been paid and some of them have even made off with construction materials,” Kouvelos said.

“There is also a problem with transportation. The water polo team missed a practice session because the bus driver could not find the way to the training center. They apologised a thousand time to us, but the fact remains that we lost a practice,” the president of the Hellenic Olympic Committee further said.

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2016/08/01/greek-athletes-find-rio-olympic-village-tragic/
:lmao:

But an island of discipline still subsists: Dear Leader sagely had the Samsung phones given to his athletes confiscated. No rotten capitalist propaganda will infiltrate the worker's paradise. :mrgreen:

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:45 am

Witness wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Monkeys make everything hilarious. No exceptions.

True.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-cSapfHSKw

See what I mean? That was funny. On the other hand last time I did something like that I was "an asshole" and I got "arrested" for "assault". But when a monkey does it, its funny.
All Hail The Crimson King

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:16 am

This is why I always assault people with a monkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyfX0AT9wnc

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:50 am

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:17 pm

Also, using monkeys will save time. That stupid race above would have been over in a third the time. You could probably do the olympics in a day and a half.

The first one will be dedicated to ...
cheetah_chimp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- new minimalist ethos -

Witness

Postby Witness » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:22 pm

BBC wrote:Rio 2016: Arrests ordered over 'illegal ticket sales'

The men, who work for THG Sports, were named as Marcus Evans and Martin Studd from the UK, Irishman David Patrick Gilmore and Dutchman Maarten Van Os.

None of the four is believed to be in Brazil and police there have said they will pursue the matter with Interpol.

THG said the allegations against it were "entirely without foundation".

Last week Brazilian police detained THG's Dublin-based director Kevin James Mallon, accusing him of involvement in illegal ticket reselling at the Olympics.

Police say the four men named on Monday "had knowledge of, and contributed to a scheme that involved the illegal selling of tickets at prices well above face value, under the camouflage of hospitality packages".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37081896

:mrgreen:

Return to “Sports & Recreation”