The Ryan Lochte thing

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Anaxagoras

The Ryan Lochte thing

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:27 pm

You got green pools that smell like shit, and you got stuff like this happening:

U.S. Swimmer Ryan Lochte Robbed at Gunpoint in Brazil
"We got pulled over, in the taxi, and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge, no lights, no nothing just a police badge and they pulled us over," Lochte said. "They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground — they got down on the ground. I refused, I was like we didn't do anything wrong, so — I'm not getting down on the ground.

"And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead and he said, "Get down," and I put my hands up, I was like 'whatever.' He took our money, he took my wallet — he left my cell phone, he left my credentials."
You got lots of tourists getting robbed, too. Zika is the least of the problems. I've heard that is some cases the robbers are actually off-duty police officers. I don't know if that's what happened here.
Last edited by Anaxagoras on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Re: Great choice of country to host the Olympics

Post by Rob Lister » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:10 pm

how did they bribe their way into hosting the Olympics?

shemp
Title: gnat

Post by shemp » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:35 pm

Rob Lister wrote:how did they bribe their way into hosting the Olympics?
Raised the money through street robberies.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:00 pm

The Olympics weren't in Chicago (despite the best efforts of Rahm and Barack).

That is a good thing, and I will not look for a downside. :)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:50 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:33 am

Well since I posted about the Lochte robbery I guess I should post this update too:

There’s something fishy about Ryan Lochte’s robbery tale
Ryan Lochte says he was mugged at gunpoint, but a judge in Rio thinks his claim doesn’t hold water.

The jurist ordered the gold-medal US swimmer’s passport seized Wednesday as she noted there were holes as big as the Olympic rings in his robbery tale — including a surveillance video showing him and three of his “heist-victim” teammates holding what looks like their supposedly stolen possessions as they returned to the Olympic Village in Rio de Janeiro.

They even seemed to be laughing just a couple of hours after the alleged early-morning holdup.

“The victims arrived with their physical and psychological integrity unshaken, even joking with one another,” Judge Keyla Blanc said of the footage.

Because of the doubts, Blanc issued the passport-seizure order to the 32-year-old Lochte and fellow US swimmer James Feigen, 26, so they could be questioned. But Lochte had already traveled back to the United States.
But Lochte’s story raised red flags with Rio officials, who wondered why he didn’t immediately report the mugging to cops and why authorities found out about it only after the swimmer’s mother, Ileane, revealed it in news interviews Sunday.
In a call to NBC’s Matt Lauer Wednesday night, Lochte maintained that he was robbed.

But he altered his story, admitting his original claims about having a gun put to his head weren’t true, and that it was only waved in his direction.

Lauer said the falsehood was a “traumatic mischaracterization” on the part of the swimmer.

Lochte also told Lauer he didn’t want to report his story at first because he was afraid he would get in trouble with swim-team officials for drinking, but then realized it was OK because he was over 21.

Lauer also said that when he asked Lochte if he was up to any other shenanigans on the night of the alleged heist, the swimmer insisted he hadn’t been.

The fact that the four swimmers delayed their report of the crime was among the reasons Rio officials grew suspicious.

Authorities in Brazil also were skeptical because Lochte told them he and his pals were robbed by four thugs who took their wallets, but Feigen said there was only one gunman.

The biggest splash of cold water on the swimmers’ claims was the video, which clearly shows them still holding personal possessions including watches and cellphones as they go through an X-ray machine. Feigen even appears to be holding a wallet.

Brazilians, meanwhile, took to Facebook and other social media to call the American swimmers as liars, according to media reports in the Olympics’ host nation.

“The next time you want to go to a party and hang out with transvestites and need an excuse, try being more creative,” one Brazilian told Feigen on Facebook. “You told a huge lie that stained the image of a country. You are liars.”
May be some nationalism at work here, as well as some exaggeration on the part of Lochte.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:29 am

Lochte also told Lauer he didn’t want to report his story at first because he was afraid he would get in trouble with swim-team officials for drinking, but then realized it was OK because he was over 21.
Lochte is 32.
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:29 pm

If Lochte lied, Brazilians will be so happy this story takes away from all the chaos in Brazil that actually matters.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:44 pm

One question: How can you take a country seriously that is named after a piece of lingerie?
- new minimalist ethos -

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Looks like they totally lied. Here's the video of the "robbery", which is the swimmers giving the security guard money to pay for the bathroom door they broke in their drunken assholishness. At 1:15 the security guard confronts them in the cab. They get out and you can see them taking out their wallets to hand him money to pay for the door they damaged.

[ytube][/ytube]
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:37 pm

Bunch of cunts then.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:10 pm

Idiots.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:32 pm

Lochte may not be the sharpest tool in the shed.
Check out this video from 2012:

[youtube][/youtube]

Sounds like a California stereotype to me.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: The Ryan Lochte thing

Post by Doctor X » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:18 am

For what it is worth, he has had a "reality television show" apparently. According to those who saw it he makes the sack of hammers appear insightful. Bit of an attention whore. "Stupid" plus "attention whore" proves ever an unfortunate equation.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

shemp
Title: gnat

Post by shemp » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:48 am

Stupid manchild. 32 going on 12. Get a real job, moron!
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:11 am

Meanwhile, as too many sources have reported to bother giving a linkypoo, the US Olympic Committee has apologized for him.

Thanks Obama?

Somewhere, Hope Solo is happy the attention has moved from her rancid ass.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:28 pm

Four companies end Ryan Lochte endorsement deals

. . . and that was the moment that Ryan Lochte came to the realization that the only person who robbed him in Rio was himself.
William Shakespeare

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:49 pm

Another sports figure with an alcohol problem.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:39 am

He could play for Cleveland.

Too soon?

--J.D.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:11 am

Doctor X wrote:He could play for Cleveland.

Too soon?

--J.D.
Can he throw touchdown passes? :hyper: