Harsh realities

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Witness

Harsh realities

Postby Witness » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:08 am

For once I'll post in "sports". :lmao:

NBA will consider shortening games due to millennial attention spans

A 2015 study by Microsoft revealed that the average person's attention span in this wild world of technology and social media is down to eight seconds — which is less than that of a goldfish.

If you're an NBA fan and you're still reading this (and kudos to you, if you are) ... there's no need to worry. NBA commissioner Adam Silver has it covered.

You know those late-game situations, where timeout after timeout make the final 30 seconds last 10 minutes? During a press conference in London before the Denver Nuggets' 140-112 rout of the Indiana Pacers on Thursday, Silver noted that the league tracks the end of games — specifically the number of timeouts that are allowed — "very closely" and said the NBA's competition committee will likely take a "fresh look" at game length at the end of the season.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/nba-will-consider-shortening-games-due-to-millennial-attention-spans/386064290

:lmao: 2

Anaxagoras

Re: Harsh realities

Postby Anaxagoras » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:53 am

On the other hand, all those timeouts in the last 10 minutes (or 1 minute of game time) probably allow them to air lots of commercials, so they probably have an incentive to keep things as they are.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

gnome

Postby gnome » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Starting a competing thread just because the title caught my eye. :P
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Witness

Postby Witness » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:52 am

gnome wrote:Starting a competing thread just because the title caught my eye. :P

Bastard! :x

Return to “Sports & Recreation”