The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge XIII

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Grammatron

Re: The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge XIII

Postby Grammatron » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:59 am

Doctor X wrote:The sad reality is Too Long Ago I knew of the "LA Lambs" as a devoted fan and phenomenal drum teacher called them. This was back when the Pats were still "Some Guy Shitting a Football." No one cared. Everyone in California were "Niner!" fans because . . . why not?

Being from the region, he was very devoted.

Then the Lambs moved to St. Louis. I did not know at the time it was suppose to be the Pats that moved. Thank you Mr. Kraft:

So I was actually rather happy, after they moved, they won a Super Bowl. I knew some St. Louis fans, oddly enough, and, for some reason, they became upset two years later.

They were devoted. Followed them.

Then their asshole owner moved them back. How many actual LA fans were still around?

The other guy whose videos I post--"This Week in Sports Ball"--has a serious video taking down the Lambs owner. Not just his "you could afford Morrie's Wigs," but his scumtacular treatment of "Little People" which includes fans of the team from two cities and a whole lot of people who owned land he wanted so he paid the local officials to force them out under "eminent domain."

--J.D.

A good friend of mine's family owned season tickets starting all the way back to 1946 when they moved to Los Angeles from Cleveland.

Personally, I find the idea of this concept silly. I am a fan of all Los Angeles teams, but they have to prove to me that they are trying to win -- looking at you Clippers -- otherwise why care? When Rams moved back here, drafted a QB, hired a competent FO and coaches, and showed everyone they intent to compete for the prize, I was more than happy to follow and make it a point to watch their games. I would go to see them live, but the stadium they plan in is horrible. It has no shade and day games happen in temperature that is in the 90's. Why subject oneself to such torture? When the new stadium is finished I might get some season tickets.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:50 am

Grammatron wrote:A good friend of mine's family owned season tickets starting all the way back to 1946 when they moved to Los Angeles from Cleveland.

Wow.

Personally, I find the idea of this concept silly. I am a fan of all Los Angeles teams, but they have to prove to me that they are trying to win -- looking at you Clippers -- otherwise why care?

"My Local Team is Better than YOUR Local Team!" That "living through someone else crap aside," way back when you wanted to hear music you tossed a servant in the general direction of some musicians and they played with far too much brass, teams were "local." But that is no longer. I just saw a Pats player give an interview where he "apologized" sarcastically for being from L.A. and a FLaker fan. Heck, SB Winning Pat Now Sports Talking Head with ADD Christian "SQUIRREL!" Fauria is a devoted Lakers fan as well and loves to "poke" his partner who was a long-time Celtics commentator--tried to keep Johnny Most sober "just long enough!"--by promoting "Magic" over "Biiiiiiiirrrrddd!"

They respond by reminding him that "Vrabel was better!"

Brady was a 'Niner's fan growing up.

Schilling is a devote Steelers fan, but hating, and beating, the MFYs excuses a lot of sins.

Anyways, back to your point, I think a "Local Team" has to care about the region more than as an excuse to "make money." Bob Kraft was "Local," was a season ticket holder when you could not give away tickets for another 2-12 season, and did act to prevent the team from moving. He is one guy.

The rest? Most do not give a shit. They want to make their money. Okay, I am a bit cynical. Some do care, try to contribute to the community, but it is rare. The Clippers, as you indicate, was one long "I just need to make money" from a horrible owner. The Sullivans--first owners of the Pats--might have been "local," but they were incompetent and remained such.

The Yawkeys who owned the Red Sox and were the "Curse of the Bambino" similarly did not give a shit about their fans. His and then his wife and "Trust"'s basic attitude was one of "they will come anyway."

So I do definitely agree with you regarding a team earning respect. The Pats have about 0 respect until Kraft took over. He made moves that suggested he gave an actual shit about winning rather than racking in $$$. But when you consistently have a team of incompetents running a show and wanting you to pay for it, you can understand why fans give up.

When Rams moved back here, drafted a QB, hired a competent FO and coaches, and showed everyone they intent to compete for the prize, I was more than happy to follow and make it a point to watch their games. I would go to see them live, but the stadium they plan in is horrible. It has no shade and day games happen in temperature that is in the 90's. Why subject oneself to such torture? When the new stadium is finished I might get some season tickets.

You should have been to the old "Sullivan/Shaefer Stadium" which is first like driving into Los Angeles on a two-lane road, to sit in an open field on hard steel, and buy what your Mad Uncle pissed into a cup as your beer--available only because it owned the stadium or something equally stupid. I was there once as a Wee Spud and I still cannot feel my ass.

In a strange way, I do think owners merely rent a franchise. Modell was a greedy cunt for moving the Browns. Yes . . . yes . . . yes . . . YES . . . I know, but he was still just a greedy cunt. In a rare Moment of Humanity, His Not Yet Merciful Dark Hoodie contacted one of the leaders of the "Dog Pound"--who excoriated him in a time where that required an effort given no interwebs--to apologize for not winning. To this guy's surprise, Belichick was very upset he "failed" in Cleveland and hated the idea of the move.

The Current Cunt Owner of the Lambs simply wanted a team for $$$. He wanted the Pats. He could not get them. So he got the Lambs. I often joked that his "commitment to excellence" could be summarized by hiring Jeff Fischer. Anyways, as I heard too many times from Lambs Fans over beers--aside from "THE PATS CHEATING!!11!!!"--hey, sorry Marshall Faulk turned out to be a pussy--the owner made some really, really, REALLY horrendous decisions that sank the team.

I guess simply moving was a way to "start over."

In the smog.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:38 am

I won't argue that the current Rams owners is a cunt of a person.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:48 am

But what are you going to do?

For over a half-a-century, the Red Sox were run by certifiable cunts. The current ownership, while less "cuntish" certainly, do not mind smearing people and searching for scapegoats. They treated Tito Francona like shit and Chicago is still thanking them for driving away Theo Epstein.

But they paid MOAR THAN The GOAT[You may purchase his book on how to Defy Nature and procreate with Super Models with twelve "easy payments" of $37.95.--Ed.] for "Kung-Fu Panda" because . . . we can sell PANDA HATS!!11!

PANDA HATS Gram!

:hyper:

--J.D.

P.S. Wish I could remember which reporter stated that he went on the DL for "fracturing his fat" on a swing.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:35 am

...wish Cleveland could sell panda hats...:jaded:
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6oEF5J5-GU

You can see she and the Fan try not to smirk when she asks him "And how many Super Bowls did you win?"

--J. "At Least We Don't Have Andy Reid!" D.

izittrue

Postby izittrue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:29 am

Ok the titans to lose. I'm a curse so good luck Doc X
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

shemp
Title: gnat

Postby shemp » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 am

Might as well take the Titans too.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4DlN-O4KY

--J. "Flashdance Filmed There!" D.

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:45 am

Eaglettes to lose

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:51 am

izittrue wrote:Ok the titans to lose. I'm a curse so good luck Doc X

I may have to introduce the rule I had last year that forbade a certain player to pick a Pats opponent given how well he picked.

That and check to see if Classic Trek will be on BBC! :hyper:

--J.D.

Evolver

Postby Evolver » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Viqueens to lose
2016 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:11 pm

--J.D.
Last edited by Doctor X on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

shemp

Postby shemp » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Titans to be made very small.

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Titans
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:44 am

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

shemp

Postby shemp » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:00 am

Honest to shit, are defensive linemen the stupidest people in sports? Backed up at the 2, there's still a chance for a safety, and you let yourself get drawn offside! Season OVER!

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:04 am

"Conglaturations Atlanta!"

--J. "You Gave Up a Lead . . . Hopefully That Won't become a Trend!" D.

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:07 am

:jaded:

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:16 am

shemp wrote:Honest to shit, are defensive linemen the stupidest people in sports? Backed up at the 2, there's still a chance for a safety, and you let yourself get drawn offside! Season OVER!

The coach did work for the Seamen. . . .

--J.D.

Return to “Sports & Recreation”