The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge XIII

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
gnome

Re: The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge XIII

Postby gnome » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:38 pm

Eagles
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:08 pm

Patriots.

And if they win it's because they cheated again and gave the Eagles the flu. :x
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

shemp
Title: gnat

Postby shemp » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:04 pm

But the real question is: WHO'S GOING TO WIN PUPPY BOWL XIV AND KITTEN BOWL V?
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:08 pm

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:10 pm

:Waaaah: Super Bowl Pickies:

*NFL Schedule

--J.D.
Last edited by Doctor X on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Postby Rob Lister » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:20 pm

Is it too late to get in on this? :)

shemp

Postby shemp » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:22 pm

Just in case things go badly wrong, is there a Star Trek marathon tonight?

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

gnome

Postby gnome » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:48 pm

There's always a star trek marathon on Netflix.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:06 am

Iggles score first touchdown!!! :hyper: :POMG:
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:20 am

Patriots trailing at halftime. Ha! When has that ever happened before!! :D
William Shakespeare

izittrue

Postby izittrue » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:07 am

Where’s the defense?
Good game other than that.
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:13 am

Where is the play calling?

I mean, seriously.

Got to put some blame on Pats offense for some really unnecessary stupid plays. Gostowski will get shit, I am aware, but, you know, why fuck around like that on a kick-off?

Anyway . . . cannot complain after last year or the game against Seattle.

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:23 am

I guess they finally ran out of magic.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:31 am

Well, no.

They could have "easily" won it if the Philly D did not finally get to Brady. Neither team's D really showed up this game. More than two minutes with a make-up non-DPI call when the Philly D was a sieve? Thought for once the Pats would have the ability to win it by having the last possession.

But give credit for the Philly D making a play much like the Pats D did against Seattle at the right time.

Where I think a lot of legitimate criticism will come down will be, like, not just taking a knee and starting on the 25 rather than fuck about and end up on your own 5. That is Pete Carroll Level Foolishness. Throwing the ball to Brady? Why? Why do that?

And that will be the problem for whomever gets Josh--he overthinks things sometimes. When you have Brady it sometimes works.

--J.D.

Carr
Title: Floor Walker

Postby Carr » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:34 am

and a night in the box!
Any man who don't keep order spends a night in the box!

shemp

Postby shemp » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:45 am

Red Sox equipment truck heads south in two weeks!

WHAT?

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:44 am

Excellent game for those who did not have a team in the Super Bowl. I think the both sides played well with very few mistakes. Patriots still almost won despite being in a whole the entire game.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Evolver

Postby Evolver » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Grammatron wrote:Excellent game for those who did not have a team in the Super Bowl. I think the both sides played well with very few mistakes. Patriots still almost won despite being in a whole the entire game.

Agreed.

But not excellent if you like watching good defensive play, for the most part.
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Funny, I expected the Screaming Hordes of You Lost This . . . for ME!!11!Eleventys to be screaming about:

1. "Adam Veritek* I am Not" Gostkowski
    2. Offensive Stupidity Gadget Plays
    3. THE GOAT FUMBLED!!1!! BROADWAY JOE NO FUMBL! SAMMY BAUGH!!!1!

Nope.

They are screaming about benching Malcolm Butler. Who played not-well all year. So somehow Butler would . . . what? Neither defense could stop anything. There were two critical defensive plays:

1. Pats interception—lucky—that ended up becoming a score.
2. Eagles strip/fumble

Other than that, neither defense showed up. What “hurts” is that with about 2:40 and Brady and the ball most probably only worried if the Pats would leave too much clock for Eagles to march right back down.

Now here is a Conspiracy Theory: this was a “weirdly” ref’d game. Some “make-up calls.” All of which really did not matter. For some unfathomable reason, the Pats were NOT called for the BLATANT DPI on the two-point conversion. So, assuming Pats march right down and score, 6 points gives them the lead. WITH the 2 points, the TD + Extra Point (*cough cough* Gostkowski *cough*) it is only a tie.

Can you imagine that? Pats find a way, as they did all game, to shred the D only worried about the clock running out as in not leaving the Eagles enough time to shred them back yet again?

THE FIX WAS IN FOR THE PATS!!1!!!

Funnily enough, still assuming the same strip sack—no reason not to—the 4 points lost by Gostkowski did not actually matter. Pats would still have been down by 1, strip, Eagles FG, Pats still have to get a TD with ~1:00 left . . . same stupid play on the kick-off.

Funny ol’ game.

Cannot complain after SB 49 and 51.

--J.D.
*An "ionic" moment from the Late Boston Mayor "Mumbles" Menino.

izittrue

Postby izittrue » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Thanks again Doc X for keeping stats for another fun season of kneeling during the my flag is bigger than your flag challenge. !!11
Will Rogers -

- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

Return to “Sports & Recreation”