Japan

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Anaxagoras

Re: Japan

Post by Anaxagoras »

Japan's sluggish vaccination campaign seems to be finally picking up pace. Almost 15 million shots given so far. About 5 million of which within the last 7 days. It took almost 3 months to administer the first 5 million shots. About 2 weeks to administer the next 5 million.

Meanwhile, Japan is now giving away some of its vaccine supply:

Japan to give 1.2 mil. COVID vaccine doses to Taiwan, possibly Fri. (For reference, the population of Taiwan is about 23.5 million.)
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare (probably Socrates originally)
shuize

Post by shuize »

Yes, there's talk of starting vaccinations at universities.

I'd sort of appreciate it if they didn't give away their vaccine supply before I've at least been offered a chance to get it.

But I guess some gaijin are more equal than others.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

They're giving away some AstraZeneca doses, which aren't being used here for some reason. I think it has been approved for use though.

Either way, they have plenty of doses here. The bottleneck is the speed at which the government can actually get shots into arms. There's apparently more than enough doses to go around, or will be soon.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

This article is a bit out of date by now, but it says they have like 30 million doses of AstraZeneca, 28 million of Pfizer, and I'm not sure how many Moderna, but I do know that they are using Moderna for some "mass vaccination" sites.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityar ... beb08141c9

And more is on the way.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/ ... l-suicide/
A senior official at the Japanese Olympic Committee (JOC) jumped in front of an underground train in an apparent suicide on Monday morning, private broadcaster Nippon Television said, citing Tokyo metropolitan police sources.

The police are investigating the details surrounding the death of the official, Yasushi Moriya, 52, viewing it as apparent suicide, the television network said.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

あ〜

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Witness

Post by Witness »

Japan accused of ‘massaging’ coronavirus figures ahead of Tokyo Olympics
  • A new counting method adopted in June leaves out some groups from bed occupancy figures, immediately bringing some areas to within the limits set by medical advisers for a safe Games
  • Critics accuse the health ministry of a ‘blatant attempt to make things appear better than they are’, while health experts warn another wave of infections is inevitable and could peak just as the Olympics begin
https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-e ... ures-ahead