I Review Everything right here -FREE-

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
ed
Title: G_D

I Review Everything right here -FREE-

Post by ed »

Movies, music, your mom. Everything.

Language is not a problem, I have opinions whether or not I know what is going on. Similarly music and theater. I don't care for them and won't attend but that is a minor inconvenience.

Food reviews are a specialty. I am happy to review restaurants anywhere in the world.

There will be no charge for this service at this time.
Last edited by ed on Wed May 19, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This space for let
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Re: I Review Everything right here

Post by Hotarubi »

Shouldn't you be posting in French?
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:

I'm sure I came up with Twatter first. ~ Moi
I only steal from the rich. :BigGrin3: ~ Witness
robinson
Title: Pretty much dead already

Post by robinson »

Review my shiny metal cock

slowly

please
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Crocs
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare (probably Socrates originally)
ed

Post by ed »

Anaxagoras wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:01 pmCrocs
The first request. Let me point out that I have never owned a pair of Crocs nor would I ever don something as fundinentially gay. That said, I will tell you what you need to know in an unbiased, objective way.

These things are made by slave labor in China which is not bad in and of itself, in fact many sports figures applaud slave labor which, ironically, is not terrible if they are the putative massa's.

I have no idea if they are comfortable, they look horrid , like the kind of thing you outfit coolies with to protect them from rusted pieces of Phantom Jets in Vietnamese rice paddies.

I would not be caught dead in a pair and neither should you. I do understand that they are overwhelmingly popular in New Zealand.

I rate them a 2. And that is only because I have gay friends who probably like this sort of crap.
This space for let
xouper
Title: mere ghost of his former self

Post by xouper »

ed wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:37 am Movies, music, your mom. Everything.
1. Blazing Saddles.

2. First season of Saturday Night Live.

3. Humble and Kind.
Original version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awzNHuGqoMc
Very nice cover version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMvKbXdlmpI

Footnote: As for my mom, all those reviews are already in, as she passed on eleven years ago.
ed

Post by ed »

xouper wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:27 pm
1. Blazing Saddles.

Footnote: As for my mom, all those reviews are already in, as she passed on eleven years ago.
Blazing Saddles is a 9. It would be a 10 except for one oversight on the part of Mel Brooks.

When Lily von Schtupp says to Clevon (RIP) "Is it twoo what they say about men of your race" you hear a zipper then she says "it's twoo, it's twoo".

What should have happened is that the sound effect of the zipper should have gone on for 5 or 6 seconds.

4 points is due entirely to the presence of Gabby Johnson.
And at the end of his tirade, the MC guys say "and who can argue with that?"

Many a memorable line. The French Mystique (which is a real thing!!)

This film helped make me what I am today.
This space for let
ed

Post by ed »

xouper wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:27 pm

2. First season of Saturday Night Live.

They swiped a lot of talent from Nat Lamp without a by your leave. I think they deserve a nut sac kick for that.
I don't like things that re too too precious. That is why I think New Zealand ought to simply sink. I might suggest that SNL should sink too.

SNL = 3
This space for let
Witness

Post by Witness »

ed wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:37 am Food reviews are a specialty.

Thoughts?
Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce »

Please review this breaking news about a cyber attack on the jugular of the US fuel economy. It today my last chance to buy an electric car before gas prices jump to $10/gal?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politi ... ack-485984
Such potential!
ed

Post by ed »

Witness wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:23 am
ed wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:37 am Food reviews are a specialty.

Thoughts?
Seen that any number of times. It is the specialty of a wankerteria called "Gaia's Down Home Grub" in (where else) L.A. off Wiltshire. It purports to be some sort of projectile vomiting inducing concoction including diced grubs and rancid insect offal. In fact "Gaia's" is owned by Restaurant Associates of Malverne, L.I., NY. It was cynically created to take pet food quality ingredients and package and promote them with all sorts of progressive/woke hoopla to idiot lefties who are under 35 and still being supported by mom and dad. The crap illustrated is diced chicken and sprouts in soy sauce.

Included on the menu is a "Smothered Beef George Floyd style" and "Huevos del Migrantes". The former is horse meat, the "George Floyd" style refers to the fact that an ex-cop is the guy that administers the coup de grace to the poor beasts. Incidentally, the horses were from the kids area of Frontierland in Disney in Anaheim. You think Disney wastes anything? The "Huevos" are simply eggs bought from distributors that were broken in transit to local supermarkets.

The idiots in LA flock to the joint.
This space for let
ed

Post by ed »

Bruce wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:25 am Please review this breaking news about a cyber attack on the jugular of the US fuel economy. It today my last chance to buy an electric car before gas prices jump to $10/gal?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politi ... ack-485984
Jeff Bezos shorted futures is all. It will settle down in a week after Jeff settles in and buys Wellington NZ. He needed space for a new distribution center to cater to the Chinx market.
This space for let
Witness

Post by Witness »

gnome

Post by gnome »

Florida wildlife
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
ed

Post by ed »

gnome wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:27 pm Florida wildlife
Ah!! The Gazelles of the Panhandle spreading their metaphorical wings betwixt the Dolorous lunar orb and the twinkling dew that heralds yet another sunrise! The Komodo Dragons of the Keys!! The spirochetes of the massage parlors of Tampa!! 17 varieties of poisonous reptiles, Ants that have given their precious bodily essence to preserve the human form!!

What can I say about Florida Wildlife?

"Be careful" comes to mind.

Did you know that we have 3 species of scorpion here? The Harvestman, bless his soul:
Members of Heteropoda are among the largest spiders in the world. The huntsman found in Florida, H ventoria, has a body length of about an inch and a leg span that can hit five inches. Females are larger than males.
Did you know that our feral hogs can reach 500 pounds and have a length of 8 feet from tip of snout to tail? One reason single shot rifles are not popular here is that they can get you killed.

Florida wildlife merits, nay, DEMANDS a 10.
This space for let
Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:53 pm Image
Where's my review? :hissyfit:
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance needs a review.

I have the original story around here somewhere.

Might be a good avatar in that for someone.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
ed

Post by ed »

robinson wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:54 am Review my shiny metal cock
Slowly
please
C o r r o d e d

T i n y

2 <-only because New Zealand biases the sample, otherwise 0
This space for let
ed

Post by ed »

Witness wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:02 am
Witness wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:53 pm Image
Where's my review? :hissyfit:
This is important and required cogitation.

To begin with, I am a fan of couture. But even my fandom has limits. What you have shown is an early effort on the part of Mme. Chanel in the area of millenary ca. 1923. Fortunately, these efforts were rechanneled during WW2 when Mme. Chanel, in the best traditions of her race, collaborated with the Germans and developed the Little Black Dress for which we remember her. Black, of course, the color of the SS uniform of the kraut she was shagging at the time.

As far as reviewing this "effort", one can no do beter than to quote Rudolf Hess, who at the end of a Chanel headwear fashion show remarked:
Das ist wirklich untermenschlicher Mist
Score = 2 mainly because it will block radiation.
This space for let
robinson

Post by robinson »

ed wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:22 am
robinson wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:54 am Review my shiny metal cock
Slowly
please
C o r r o d e d

T i n y
Corroded from you sucking it daily

Seems tiny because your mouth is so big
robinson

Post by robinson »

Now review my reply
ed

Post by ed »

Are you from New Zealand?
This space for let
robinson

Post by robinson »

Your mom
ed

Post by ed »

OK, back in the box for you.
This space for let
robinson

Post by robinson »

Ha!
ed

Post by ed »

-Review of Robinson-

The difficulty with this review is not the rating, that's a 0 natch, it is encapsulating the revulsion that this particular bag of offal engenders in any thinking person. How to render the distaste and repellent nature of this individual into terms that, while true to the subject, do not render the reader insensate with knowledge of his true odious nature.

This is a difficulty. Imagine, though this is a mere shadow of the problem presented by Robinson, a coprolite ingesting, cave dwelling, vermin ridden, scabrous and pustule covered creature having intercourse with your mom. Imagine the words that you would use to describe it. That is as nothing when it comes to summarizing the repellent presence of a Robinson in our time, on our shores.

You are repelled, as am I.

Suffice it to say that, to paraphrase Lovecraft, it cannot be described.

Again, 0, a thousand times 0.
This space for let
robinson

Post by robinson »

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce »

I'm too lazy to research 5000 years of Middle East conflict. Please give a brief review. Bullet points preferred. I have a hard stop at 11.
Such potential!
ed

Post by ed »

Bruce wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:15 am I'm too lazy to research 5000 years of Middle East conflict. Please give a brief review. Bullet points preferred. I have a hard stop at 11.
1. Humans are territorial critters
2. Territorial critters kill encroaching critters
3. All Semitic people look alike. Anthropoid like, dark skin, big noses, generally revolting. They all wear bedsheets on their bodies and pillow cases on their heads tied on with tassels stolen from strip clubs.
4. In the ME, the distinction between these people is an arbitrary religious thing that is not obvious to the casual observer
5. All of these people have no real aspirations. They just want to live in a shitty part of the earth.
6. They have chosen the ME for reasons that are not entirely clear
7. They all like the same crappy desert, rocks and sand.
8. They kill each other over the crappy desert etc., egged on by outsiders who like to watch
9. They reproduce
10. Goto 1

The score is 0 because it has gotten very boring.
This space for let
DJ

Post by DJ »

There is quite a fondness for the .50 BMG over in YouTube. In fact a catastrophic failure nearly killed a fellow recently. Your expert opinion on the round would be interesting.
ed

Post by ed »

I have a small collection of .50BMG rounds. I have them because it reminds me to give thanks that I have too much sense to purchase and shoot a Barrett rifle or (god forbid) a .50cal machine gun.

The reason for that failure is unclear to me. It might have been a proof round which is an overload for factory testing. These things are, I thought, clearly marked and, if so, would probably not be shot so casually as was done in the present case.

Our whiney leftie contingent in Cali has gotten the Barrett and .50 cals in general banned. Their pearl clutching concern was that they could bring down an airliner. Pardon me
:doglaugh:
When Blackhats have demonstrated that you can waltz into hangers and that airport security is for show, the idea of employing something as iffy as a ground based firearm to create mayhem is simply stupid and beneath contempt. But I am sure that the weak kneed cali sisters are sleeping more soundly knowing that the government is looking after them and 5000000 illegal border jumpers.

I give the .50BMG a 5 because I suspect owning one works as a good pick up line in gay bars. As something for a firearms aficionado, I would say a 2. And it only gets that because cans of 50ca ammo can serve well as boat anchors.
This space for let
DJ

Re: I Review Everything right here -FREE-

Post by DJ »

It was a .50 bmg slap round, assumed to be overpressure, out of a Serbu RN-50. He used his thumb to maintain pressure on his carotid artery, which saved his life.

Thanks for the review.
ed

Post by ed »

I was surprised that the Serbu failed, they struck me a pretty robust weapons.
This space for let
DJ

Post by DJ »

The manufacturer blamed the round, and the shooter agreed. I have no clue as to how to go about proving that. However, they seemed to settle on the idea that these rounds are notorious for being overpressure. I owned a .38+p S&W scandium titanium revolver which constitutes the extent of my understanding of overpressure, which amounts to basically zero understanding. Thanks again.
ed

Post by ed »

It's the "why" that I wonder about. A proof round is, what, 2 to 3x the "safe" pressure? And a SLAP round exceeded that to a significant degree?

Dunno.
This space for let
DJ

Post by DJ »

The incident (violent content):
NSFW:
[\NSFW]
ed

Post by ed »

I have never, in all of my 15 years, ever ever seen a gun explode with ANY factory round.
This space for let
gnome

Post by gnome »

I would very much like ed's opinion on the use of alliteration and personification in Homeric epics.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
ed

Post by ed »

gnome wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:24 pm I would very much like ed's opinion on the use of alliteration and personification in Homeric epics.
Well, to begin with, we all know that Plato got his name from his habit of inserting a plate under is toga to protect himself from young lads eager to show their affection. Homer's birth name was Homo and was changed when he chose to enter the Poetry biz.

This, then, is the background to all of classical greek literature and philosophy.

Have you heard spoken Greek? Everything in it is an alliteration. To the point of absolute and elemental annoyance. That is why you have likely not had the pleasure of Aeschylus in the original Greek. It is sing-songy and simply horrid. Just simply crap.

Now, personification is another story and it is likely why Homeric epics appeal to some New Zealanders on this forum. All things in Homeric epics, animal, vegetable and mineral are "poetically" manifested as male organs. Why is this? The answers are lost in the mists of time but some scholars believe that early Greeks had a congenital deformity of the central nervous system that resulted on undue pressure on the pineal gland (originally "πέος" or "Penil" gland, thus named for obvious reasons). This was manifested in mindless faggotry.

One is best advised to stay away from anything having to do with Greek theater.

Why, yes, I had a root canal and am on drugs. Why do you ask?
This space for let
gnome

Post by gnome »

You did not disappoint one iota.
--Soldier, TF2