The larger questions

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Ben Trovado
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:08 pm
Title: Ex Avenger

The larger questions

Post by Ben Trovado »

It's time to mull over the larger questions raised by philosophy and ponder the meaning of life (No, not Ginger vs. Mary Ann. Everyone picks Mary Ann. It's obvious).

So:

Buck Rodgers or Flash Gordon?

Dr. Strange or Dr. Fate?

The Shadow or The Spider, Master of Men?

Ellie May vs. Mary Ann? (THERE is your real match-up)
Pyrrho
Posts: 31782
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6

Re: The larger questions

Post by Pyrrho »

Flash Gordon
Professor Fate
The Shadow
My money is on Ellie May.
solely
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Re: The larger questions

Post by solely »

Are we talking Buster Crabbe playing the role of both Buck & Flash?
Ben Trovado
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:08 pm
Title: Ex Avenger

Re: The larger questions

Post by Ben Trovado »

Pyrrho wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:39 am Flash Gordon
Professor Fate
The Shadow
My money is on Ellie May.

1.5 of 4. Sad.

Buck gets it for 2 reasons: Col. Wilma Deering and Princess Ardala.
Ok, that's technically 4 reasons.

Strange/Fate is kind of a toss-up, so half credit.

Clearly the Shadow, correct.

Ellie May was too innocent and a racoon could interrupt you at any time. You know Mary Ann on the farm spent time in the hay loft. You could tell.
Ben Trovado
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:08 pm
Title: Ex Avenger

Re: The larger questions

Post by Ben Trovado »

solely wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:41 am Are we talking Buster Crabbe playing the role of both Buck & Flash?
We would accept an answer based on any media and any version made over the years; a reference to the 1980 Princess aura will gain you partial credit even on a clearly wrong answer otherwise.
Ben Trovado
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:08 pm
Title: Ex Avenger

Re: The larger questions

Post by Ben Trovado »

Ok. Level 2 Quiz.

(5) Godzilla v. Kong

(6) MST3K: Mike or Joel (Never Joshua. What are you even thinking? That is an abomination and you are bad person for even bringing it up. You should be very ashamed.)

(7) Socrates v. Confuscius
solely
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Re: The larger questions

Post by solely »

Kong, because he's into hot babes, evidence,
https://www.bing.com/search?q=fay+wray& ... 6a2079c912

6) ?????? I'm fucking old and dense.

Socrates because I'm feeling a little salty with China now.
Giz
Posts: 4588
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: USA!

Re: The larger questions

Post by Giz »

Ben Trovado wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:17 pm
(7) Socrates v. Confuscius
I assume this is regarding a platonic relationship?
Pyrrho
Posts: 31782
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6

Re: The larger questions

Post by Pyrrho »

Ben Trovado wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:17 pm Ok. Level 2 Quiz.

(5) Godzilla v. Kong

(6) MST3K: Mike or Joel (Never Joshua. What are you even thinking? That is an abomination and you are bad person for even bringing it up. You should be very ashamed.)

(7) Socrates v. Confuscius
Godzilla
Mike
Socrates, because he had no fucks to give
robinson
Posts: 16289
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: The larger questions

Post by robinson »

Socrates


Because he actually existed
Doctor X
Posts: 74827
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom

Re: The larger questions

Post by Doctor X »

(8) Toilet Paper Roll: over or under?

(9) Toothpaste: squeeze the middle or roll from the bottom?

(10) Is it safe?

– J.D.
solely
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Re: The larger questions

Post by solely »

This is more my speed,

over

squeeze the middle until you can't.

we don't know what we don't know.
robinson
Posts: 16289
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: The larger questions

Post by robinson »

Doctor X wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:46 am (8) Toilet Paper Roll: over or under?
Over

unless you have a cat

then definitely under
Ben Trovado
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:08 pm
Title: Ex Avenger

Re: The larger questions

Post by Ben Trovado »

solely wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:29 pm Kong, because he's into hot babes, evidence,
https://www.bing.com/search?q=fay+wray& ... 6a2079c912

6) ?????? I'm fucking old and dense.

Socrates because I'm feeling a little salty with China now.
You probably are not old enough for the MST3K reference. No points for Kong, because he was a stalker.

1 of 3.
Ben Trovado
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:08 pm
Title: Ex Avenger

Re: The larger questions

Post by Ben Trovado »

Pyrrho wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:17 am
Ben Trovado wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:17 pm Ok. Level 2 Quiz.

(5) Godzilla v. Kong

(6) MST3K: Mike or Joel (Never Joshua. What are you even thinking? That is an abomination and you are bad person for even bringing it up. You should be very ashamed.)

(7) Socrates v. Confuscius
Godzilla
Mike
Socrates, because he had no fucks to give
See, kids - this is what a perfect score looks like.
Ben Trovado
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:08 pm
Title: Ex Avenger

Re: The larger questions

Post by Ben Trovado »

Doctor X wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:46 am (8) Toilet Paper Roll: over or under?

(9) Toothpaste: squeeze the middle or roll from the bottom?

(10) Is it safe?

– J.D.
8 over, unless you own a cat
9 bottom - whenever "bottom" can be your answer, use it -- unless the other option is "top"
10 Of course its' safe, Baby. I brought protection.
solely
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Re: The larger questions

Post by solely »

Ben Trovado wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:31 pm
solely wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:29 pm Kong, because he's into hot babes, evidence,
https://www.bing.com/search?q=fay+wray& ... 6a2079c912

6) ?????? I'm fucking old and dense.

Socrates because I'm feeling a little salty with China now.
No points for Kong, because he was a stalker.

I just knew you were going to accuse him of that, I'd like to see you say that to his face.
Ben Trovado
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:08 pm
Title: Ex Avenger

Re: The larger questions

Post by Ben Trovado »

solely wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:15 pm
Ben Trovado wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:31 pm
solely wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:29 pm Kong, because he's into hot babes, evidence,
https://www.bing.com/search?q=fay+wray& ... 6a2079c912

6) ?????? I'm fucking old and dense.

Socrates because I'm feeling a little salty with China now.
No points for Kong, because he was a stalker.

I just knew you were going to accuse him of that, I'd like to see you say that to his face.
If you pay for the helicopter, I am game.